Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Could anyone with the "Choose the best lighting" feature of Rich Capture NOT WORKING, who owns a 640 or 640XL, please report back here? This is immensely irritating, as a photographer.

Thank you :)

Hutzi

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Forgot the key kombi... Would anybody be so kind? I know how to get into the mode, just forgot the key combination for the actual hard reset. Cheers

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 830
Upgrade from 10581 was successful. I did not reset 10581, and that upgrade was from Windows 8.1 Denim.

* Still no apps listed that are compatible with Glance screen, including MSN Weather. I also have Amazing Weather HD, which works on the lock screen, but not Glance.
* Lumia Help & Tips still won't update, with error 0x803F8006
* Weather and Groove Music have no icons in all apps list. They're just colored tiles. Weather also doesn't work on Glance, as noted above.
* Motion data under Extras in settings is blank.
* Just got the black screen flash bug, where the screen goes black for one second or so and then comes back.
* Some websites still don't have favicons when pinned to the home screen. They're just the Edge icon.

Other Issues
* Still no working live tile for Wunderlist, but I think that's on their end, and they know about it. Not having a list I can see is like going back to the stone age interface of PalmOS/iOS. (HEYOOO!)
* Sounds for alarms are really limited. Not many are more than a second or two long. Same with the previous build.

So far, this build seems about the same as the last one. It definitely hasn't fixed the (minor) issues I had with that build. I don't necessarily want to hard reset and lose access to Here Maps. I'll chime back in if I run into any other bugs.

Edit - one fix - Waze opens without crashing on this build and didn't on the last one. Not sure that it actually works though. It gets stuck on calculating route.

Hutzi

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
I meant the KEY combination earlier! Guys! I DEFINITELY hard reseted my 920 on the previous build! Now it's already on step 15 out of 23. It's my secondary device (I also have a 930) so it doesn't have a sim installed. Maybe without the sim it works??? Just wanted to give you guys a heads up!

Update: The 920 just completed the upgrade! It was hard reseted on 10581.

Update 2: My 930 sadly didn't make it. Boot loop :(

Last edited:

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Given that the Lumia 950 has shipped with this exact same build, I don't know if I'd call this a test build.

If you took the time to read carefully (and in context) the pertinent last few comments of the thread, you'll see that things move on from the place where you've quoted.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded...I don't notice anything different.
I mean yeah, storage now works, and all that stuff, but basicly nothing groundshaking.
Still, I enjoy the bug fixes and performance improvements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750