Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Boysie1

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
so they were released after uk went to sleep and the auto update kicked in before we got up, not like we were given much chance to prevent this happening. Typical US behaviour. their world is so small. not fussed its all good now just a **** poor experience imposed by lack of forward thinking

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Thankfully everything went smoothly. And I am impressed with the responsiveness of this build.

My experience:
We can all agree that Lumia 920 is a bit old (maybe ancient, but I love it). Now it feels like a new phone. The w10m is fast, reliable, the animations are fluid and the whole system is great. I have only seen a resuming, while I was opening the phone app.

All my apps opens in a sec or two. Store also got an update and it's a bit faster (not a big difference). Edge in mobile is in a much better shape in my opinion.

I am impressed with this build!!! I hope everyone's experience with this build is as great with mine or better!! Have fun with four wp

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I can't find the VPN quick action button in this build. Directly upgrade from WP8.1 update 1 RTM(Lumia 1520). I've hard-reset the phone, but it doesn't help. Anyone find the VPN quick action?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So, I upgraded to this build then did a hard reset (restore).

Now a lot of the main apps appear in the Store as updates but they always error (error code 0x803F8006) so I cannot download the updates.

Applies to (amongst others):

Lumia Storyteller
Network services
Motion data
Rate Your Device
Extras and Info.

Any way that I can get these updates installed?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Well 10586.11 broke things for me. My MS Band 2 no longer gets call/text/notifications/Cortana/etc... And truecaller doesn't work.

The Band was working just fine on 10581. Anybody else gotten a chance to try out their Band with this build?

I got my Band 2 yesterday. Upgraded to this build and Band 2 works fine for me. Did you try the obvious? Unlink band from MS Health, unpair device on phone, uninstall MS Health and then install and sync everything again?

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
So, I upgraded to this build then did a hard reset (restore).

Now a lot of the main apps appear in the Store as updates but they always error (error code 0x803F8006) so I cannot download the updates.

Applies to (amongst others):

Lumia Storyteller
Network services
Motion data
Rate Your Device
Extras and Info.

Any way that I can get these updates installed?

Had the same problem on previous build with Lumia Creative Studio, Motion Data and Rate Your Device. After restarting the phone after the upgrade to 10586, was able to update Motion data. Creative studio and Rate Your Device still give me the error

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 720 | last 2 build update faster than before, ive hard reset on 10581, then i got boot loop on nokia logo. Done by reset using key combo. General issues from 10581 solved. I cant compare performance between 10581 and 10586, not too far different i think. Freezing screen issue on my lumia 720 still there. Ive Soft reset 3times since installed this build. Some extras seem not updated, info still display cyan. Grove is ok except the banner control, notif center ok, i can change it. Message sync not working even setting right there. App list black/white background problem still there. Imo from my device. This build still can suffer on my daily use. :)

Manu Guledgudd

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am getting error "Updates are available but we temporarily need 722.53 MB of space to download. Remove some things you dont need at the moment and we'll try again" while downloading on 10581 (mobile Lumia 1320)

I have basic apps apart from WhatsApp and all downloads and app install happens in SD card. Since 10581 has issue of storage checker app, I dont have option to see who is taking space.

Since I had done hard reset in 10581, I am assuming that I dont have to go back to windows 8.1 with this build.

Kindly help.

Aria N

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
many bugs are still there.
-Action bar still does not hide in non WM10 apps.
-Background picture shows strange behavior. When you are the bottom of start screen and open up an app and then press back, it jumps up.
- When you are in app menu and open up an app and then press back button, semi dark background is gone and it is fully transparent.
- Scrolling fast among apps in storage sense is not smooth.
- Some of subsettings are still old and not updated for WM10.
-Store is still awful. slow, unresponsive and as some of you mentioned some app cannot be downloaded.
-one of the green colors cannot be selected! The one in the middle of blue and another green color at the bottom of colors!
-Turned of live tile for store but it still shows apps on it.
-Photos plug-in still returns to app updates after downloading it.
-My 640 still gets warm. (maybe due to the lack of firmware update)

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The same bug still happening the phone Freezes on start screen on 10586. I already did a hard reset with same results. This build would only be an rtm for the new 950's but not for the old phones like my 1320, I guess.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem on previous build with Lumia Creative Studio, Motion Data and Rate Your Device. After restarting the phone after the upgrade to 10586, was able to update Motion data. Creative studio and Rate Your Device still give me the error

I have restarted many times. Still no change, always fails with the same error code. Can they be updated manually at all?

JavierMnS

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 625 got bricked after the first loop on 10586.11 (did a hard reset on 10581), now shows a ":("

I'm moving to android and I wanted to give this mobile to Dad, do you guys think I should left it on 8.1 for him?

(Sorry if my english isn't that good)

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I am getting error "Updates are available but we temporarily need 722.53 MB of space to download. Remove some things you dont need at the moment and we'll try again" while downloading on 10581 (mobile Lumia 1320)

I have basic apps apart from WhatsApp and all downloads and app install happens in SD card. Since 10581 has issue of storage checker app, I dont have option to see who is taking space.

Since I had done hard reset in 10581, I am assuming that I dont have to go back to windows 8.1 with this build.

Kindly help.

Then you got boot loop on nokia logo. But hard reset using key combo solve it

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720