Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Ali Raza Shafi

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
like i said overheating is the only problem i reverted back to 8.1.
i tried resetting my phone many times but always had heating issue. thats i want to know heating problem in this build. if it is still not fixed then im not upgrading. 😐

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Someone can install Here City Lens with this new build (with SysApp phuser or store)??? I have it and I want to do a Hard reset but I don't want to lose this "important" app. The build works well although I have some "Loadings", for example in Whatsapp app. Do you feel the same? Thanks and greetings

gabi tanase

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
I whas 8.1 when i get the new bild,but i had app downloadet,the new bild apears with my old app and i whant clean install.in rest is fast,very good so now.What i do?Reset factory or hard reset?

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about the Beta version? If so, I had the same problem.

Download a QR code reader from the Store then go to the article below and use the bottom QR code.

Microsoft's Facebook Beta goes gold; official Facebook app bumped to version 5.0 | Windows Central

It will then capture the link, open it, Store will open and you can download it.

Hey. Thanks man but this doesn't help. I tried to scan the both QR codes in the given link. One opens up the same old Facebook app on store, which the store says is apparently up to date, and the second one is a broken link now. I'm guessing they have taken it back from the store for more improvements or I don't know. Do you have the new Facebook app on this 586 build?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone who has upgraded from 10581 to 10586 without hard resetting? And you had upgraded from 8.1 cyan to 10581 directly, also with no hard reset? I'm looking for someone with this path to see what issues I could come across.

Lumia 1020

systematicchaos

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Find the windows central article about it... should be a link to the store at the bottom.

Also: with the name systematicchaos, I'm assuming you're a dream theater fan? If so, most excellent!

Hey. Thanks man but this doesn't help. I tried to scan both the QR codes in the WC article, one takes me to old facebook app on store, the one I'm using and the second QR code says the link is broken.
And yes, you got it right! A big dream theater fan. Or i should say I 'was'. Dream theater is nothing without Portnoy. Anyway, cheers to prog rock!!

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, so far my experience has been nothing short of awful.
Upgraded from 10581 to find that all the issues I had on the previous build were still here. I figured my phone must be corrupted somehow. But after a hard reset with restore, they were all still there. Did a hard reset without restore, some issues were still here, and a new one came up: some emojis went missing.
Now back to 8.1, getting ready to upgrade again, this time from a properly working phone.

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1520 AT&T (unlocked)

I upgraded to 10586.11 from 8.1. I reverted back as I have been in Europe for two weeks and needed total reliability.

Upgrade went smoothly. A few store apps stuck, but were fixed with a soft reboot.

Currently, the only problem apps are Network Services and Rate Your Device. Both return the 0x803F8006 error.

Neither are important, so I am ignoring this and enjoying a very nice, smooth OS that is running well!

Let me add, that this upgrade kept more of my settings intact than any other. I have had to do less "fine-tuning" this time compared to previous upgrades. This makes sense, of course, since most users will be coming from 8.1

If you are having troubles, restore back to 8.1. Get all your apps setup the way you want. Wait and let them update, etc. This can take a day or more. Once everything is just the way you like it, do a backup, install the Windows Insider App, click Fast Ring and go for it!

It certainly worked for me!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
You mean ringtone maker?

Haha! I don't really know. I don't use it. I installed it once for my wife's phone. I'm down with Bronchitis, and on all kinds of meds. Asking me to remember things correctly is a pretty big step.

Okay... just looked it up on the Store. Yeah, it's Ringtone Maker. Sorry for the confusion. I'm going back to bed now. ;)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So far besdes having my phone on the charger with Wi-FI on (overnight), it didn't install all my apps...ugh. Last night upgrading from the past build ended up in a reboot loop, having to go back down to 8.1, upgrade and hard reset again, then restore my backup (every build so far I have had to do this)

Something I dislike about Windows 10 mobile (an issue that was added in later builds). Verizon installs a bunch of apps, of course I remove about 95% of them (only 1-3 I keep because I use them), when I go into updates and check for updates. Even through the app was Uninstalled, it keeps re-installing it with no way to cancel it (only if it fails to download for some reason).

Even though "My Wife" is listed in Cortana as "wife", when I say "Send a text to my wife" she will come back with "Who is your wife ?", I have set it a few times and I still get prompted for it...

And I have seen a few "loading..." screens, then the "store" has crashed a few times on me when trying to view my downloads (see a update for it, so wriing this one off for now)

Not bug free at this point.

Tech King

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok!
Lumia 928 upgrade Journey :)

so updated from 581 and got the reboot loop after upgrade finished... hard reset via buttons did the trick, well got it back to the start screen (fresh install no restore... I don't usually restore from builds)
started customizing, app updates, only to realize that non of the extra apps(audio, glance etc) are not updating via store... I can access but not updating.. 13+ apps with error issues... so... hard reset via system>about>reset :( :)

moments later... up and running again, app updates all good... or so I thought..

cant get the new facebook app although it was on the previous build... no update via store... weird... cant even download the beta app either... device not supported.... huh???

found a bug in notifications and actions... cant change 1 and 3 actions... settings app crashes
still don't know how to add favourites in photos or see a favourites folder... anyone has one????

but overall good build so far... no other issues than the ones stated for now :)
looking good MSFT

Last edited:

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
how is the heating issue? my lumia 1320 used to overheat alot. thats the reason i reverted back to 8.1.

is it solved? especially when i used sim data and hotspot..
On my L1520 the last few builds I couldn't use... battery would drain doing nothing, and phone was hot.... This build finally fixed it and is working perfect! I left it off the charger and on my desk all night... and the battery is still at 85%... FIXED!

sulistyarso

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Anyone who has upgraded from 10581 to 10586 without hard resetting? And you had upgraded from 8.1 cyan to 10581 directly, also with no hard reset? I'm looking for someone with this path to see what issues I could come across.

Lumia 1020

Its ok if no hard reset. Problem occur when hard reset on 10581 then update to 10586. Update installed but, you will got bootloop on nokia logo. I think its ok if not hard reset, but for clean test, i prefer to hard reset. And every update without hard reset, i think internal storage become larger and larger.

anon(5715364)

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
11 apps with the 0x803F8006 error

Pinned mail tiles no longer go the correct inbox, always the last one open before shutting outlook mail down.

Mail notifications are grouped into 'Outlook Mail' instead of separate inboxes (accounts are not linked in the options)

Bluetooth to car has no controls / track information displayed (worked on 8.1)

Apart from the above, the OS seems snappier and more responsive.

Karpito

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My WhatsApp notification resets to "none" every time I soft reset the phone. It's been happening with previous builds.
Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb