Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Brett Sites

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Icon (Had to set phone in freezer during update process due to overheating.):

Restored via Windows Device Recovery Tool.
Did not restore from a backup.
Let apps update so as not to interrupt them.
Installed Windows Insider.
Updated to Windows 10.
Let apps update.
Reset phone via Settings -> Reset your phone.
Let apps update.
Uninstalled unwanted apps.
Still have 12 apps with errors downloading in Store.
Installed wanted apps and set appearance and settings as needed.
Copied music and pics over as needed.

No text history prior to Tuesday. (This is not cool at all in spite of having history on Outlook.com.)
Favorites and Music synced from One Drive took a while to appear. Music appeared this morning.

People can sometimes still show no contacts. It will let me search and find people. Sometimes it does show all contacts.

When I opened Lumia Camera, I received a message that Lumia Camera is no longer supported and it told me to click on the button "Open Camera" which leads to Windows Camera. I have since uninstalled Lumia Camera, which at least for now is sorely missed.

All apps installed thus far seem to work ok. Hey Cortana works. Even though Device Hub and Motion Data show updates are needed, both work ok. Fitbit works ok.

Still playing as it's been good enough to be my daily driver the last couple of builds. Really hope they get the text backup issue resolved asap.

Last edited:

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 1520 AT&T Unlocked

10586 still running well. It found another update and is going through the process. I will keep you posted on any changes.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone who has upgraded from 10581 to 10586 without hard resetting? And you had upgraded from 8.1 cyan to 10581 directly, also with no hard reset? I'm looking for someone with this path to see what issues I could come across.

Lumia 1020
This was my path, up until just a few minutes ago.

Lumia 1020, RM-877 059W473 US CV
I started at 8.1 Cyan, then Denim, then did the Insider slow thing to get 8.1.2; then 10581; then 10586; never with a reset.

At 10581 I noticed that "Alarms" could not access my ringtones, unless I browsed to the folder in "my music"

This morning, after installing 10586 yesterday, my alarm notifications were on the screen but there was no audio. None at all. I woke up when my wife hollered "are you going to work today?"

I did a factory reset and am in process of restoring last night's backup, taken just before the upgrade. The backup took *forever*

bulgar4e

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
wifi calling is still not working on my 640 on tmobile. I can toggle it, but it never makes calls over wifi. Is this supposed to be working in the final release?

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhh, just a few minutes ago ALL the apps that were failing to update updated!
Nice gorgeous clean looking Store now.

My 1520 is a rocket ship today. Progress indeed. Now where is my 950XL? :)

storesmall.png

Last edited:

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Last nights update to Outlook mail removed the feature because it was causing crashes on some folks phones. I imagine they are working on it.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I cannot link email accounts in this build. I was able to do it in 10581.

Anyone else?

That's due to an app update to the Mail + Calendar app. The previous update added the linked-inboxes feature, but it also caused a lot of app crashes, so they sent out another update which removed the linked inbox feature.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Gah I'm having issues. My OIS in my Lumia 1520 seems broken. Can't even get a sharp image outside in daylight, the OIS is functioning but seems broken. Now I can't revert back to 8.1 because I can't establish a USB connection to my PC for the Windows Device Recovery Tool. It just keeps beeping, it finds the phone but loses contact every few second and on and on in a loop it goes. So the recovery tool can't access information about my phone hence I'm not able to roll back to 8.1. Figured I would do that before I return the phone for a refund.

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Access point
Audio
Network+
Touch

Nothing of these works, in L920. Tried accessing from the store yet it doesn't open. No glance, no double tap to wake, nor can even access audio equaliser.

The previous build had no issues at all except for glance. This build is worse than the previous one!!

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Me too, boot loop, revert to 8.1, install current W10M build, hard reset, restore from backup. All apps and updates ok, no apps or updates that won't install this time around. Was a bit miffed at having to go through so many steps, I thought after the last build we wouldn't have to do this anymore, but hey... It's all good now.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little disappointed with the new build. I expected it to feel a bit more polished than 10581, but there is still a lot of work to do.

The majority of the bugs I found on my Lumia 830 using 10581 are unfortunately still present in 10586.11.

Things that are fixed:
1. The Storage bug (obviously)
2. Alarms & Clock now lets me set sounds other than just "Default".
3. The People app now lets me set ringtones and sounds for individual contacts (previously it would open the Store to find an app for the task).

On my Lumia 830, I still have these issues:

1. Lock screen flickers and looks awful when changing music tracks (the background flickers to the accent colour briefly on each track change).
2. Changing music tracks from the volume toast menu looks like a buggy mess (track names fly in and out repeatedly before the track begins to play).
3. Screen is still blinking every now and again. (randomly turning black for a second or so).
4. Screen tearing is visible throughout the OS when scrolling quickly.
5. Store still shows errors for lots of built-in apps \ legacy settings. This is probably because I didn't downgrade to 8.1 first, but still, they should sort it before the OTA as it will only confuse new users if a bunch of errors appear.
6. Rich Capture in the camera is still broken for me when shooting a HDR scene without flash. Images never get past the "adding the finishing touches" stage before failing and saving a 720p image. Rich Capture does function correctly when using the flash though.
7. The facebook app (non-beta) was updated to 10.1 in the previous build, but I can only find the 8.1 version in the store in 10586.
8. Social updates (from Facebook...etc) are still not available for groups in the people app (in WP8.1 you could see social updates for a smaller group of people). This is despite the text in the W10M people app stating that social updates can be viewed only for those people in the group. This probably just needs an app update.
9. The dialler is still so slow, it takes forever to populate the smart dial list of contacts.

nunoliveira

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my Lumia 925 and so far this build has been worse than the previous one. I have 13 updates that send me a 0x803f8006 error. I tried multiple solutions and none of them worked. Doing a 2nd Hard reset and check how it goes from there. If the problem persists I'm rolling back to 8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb