Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I double that! It is indeed flawless. But are you able to access touch, display network+ from the "Extras"??

I can't access double tap to wake and the glance!
I can confirm that I can access all those options on my Lumia 920 and they work with no issues.The last one is with the color glance screen activated. It all works. Love it.(not sure why all the pictures came out in landscape orientation)
6a652e77ed72074526a38887d11bfd76.jpg
edc50d1cbdc11c8f158809055943dcd2.jpg
b584830d2a70b0cd2fe752fa0a9b3532.jpg
ae09840c46f0354d81976d6e0fa71b50.jpg
f7575f5729fc884f964c727fc8579064.jpg

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I double that! It is indeed flawless. But are you able to access touch, display network+ from the "Extras"??

I can't access double tap to wake and the glance!
I can access everything. Last build couldn't access display. Try holding volume down and power till it vibrates. Then go to store and check for updates, install anything and try again. See if that May help.

stoneshop

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Didn't read this whole thread yet but something strange happened this time on my L920. It is set to warn me when there is an update and let me choose the time to install it. This morning I read about this new build so I checked for the update and it was not found. Then I checked what build I was on and it appeared that I was already on 10586 �� Anyway, it updated when I was asleep and everything is running perfectly. Smooth, fast and battery life is on par with 8.1 Can't wait to get my L950.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall all the lumia apps as momments, selfie etc etc now should work

Rich Capture is still broken for some users (myself included, 830) even after completing these steps.

I can only get it to function with the flash switched on. When it is off, the image never gets past the processing stage before giving up and saving a 720p preview image.

Checkoff

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Will there be a firmware for each device when this version is getting rolled out officially?
Or is the RTM version without any firmware?

Krishna Teja Vedula

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok, maybe but sometimes you just want to make a quick search from the address bar...

We all want to do a lot of things mate :) we only get to do what we can. You can search from the address bar but still with no suggestions apart from the site suggestions of course. It won't even work on touch keyboards on laptops and tablets either

athem92

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I installed 10586 straight from 8.1 on a Lumia 1020.
I'm having some small problems:
- the phone is warm and battery is draining;
- "Network services" and "Rate your device" don't download with error 0x803F8006 (I tried a soft reset but nothing changed);
- 8.1 was way faster;
- Images on tiles are low-res (News, Weather, Groove etc.);
- Old apps such as Calendar and Settings still show up in the app list (they don't work though);
- Every app that uses maps crashes at launch;
- Dialing numbers is super super slow because it refreshes the smart dial numbers, it's almost unusable;
- The keyboard is slower than the 8.1 one, it doesn't always keep up;
- The Windows Camera app has a slow framerate.

I'm tempted by a hard reset, but since I need Lumia Camera I can't lose it...
Is this behaviour "normal" or should I restore 8.1? Thanks!!

akshay waghray

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Store app not showing in notification list

Store app not showing in notification+ apps list... Any idea how to get it... Earlier it was in 8.1. Also apps not updating automatically after putting too update automatically.. Plz anyone Help

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
For me lot more is broken then what is fixed, Cortana isn't working now, sometime action centre doesn't show on pull down, many apps are not updating, none of these issue were in 10581.

I have updated and then did hard-reset, thinking about to go back to WP8.1 for now :-(

lumia720

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Here are a few bugs that I found:

1) When setting a Start Screen Background from "My Pictures"; the background that is set is slightly more zoomed than what you chose and appears blurred.
2) After you change your lock screen and don't restart the phone, the phone shows the old lock screen for a second each time you press the unlock button until you restart.
3) Quick Status icons on the Lock Screen overlap with the navigation bar at times.
4) If you are using a "Full Screen Picture" for the start menu and navigate to the App List and lock the phone while still on the app list, once you unlock the phone, the background for the app list appears much brighter and goes back to normal brightness once you navigate to the Start Screen and then return to the app list.

If this is actually RTM, I am thoroughly disappointed.

Michael_JL

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue upgrading L1520 from 8.1 no hard reset only soft....fixed the Cortana training bu going into settings...time and language....region and changed the regional format from match phone language to English (United States)....where I'm located by the way, after which it recignized I had already trained it previously and now works fine.

akshay waghray

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Store app not showing in notification+ apps list... Any idea how to get it... Earlier it was in 8.1. Also apps not updating automatically after putting too update automatically.. Plz anyone Help

ucyimDa_Ruler

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I experienced so far may be related to the new Pandora app but I cannot listen to any stations that were previously pinned to the start menu. The other stations work just fine. I would recommend unpinning any stations from the start menu before the upgrade.

ucyimDa_Ruler

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
In addition, all of your alarms will be gone after the upgrade. Mine did not go off this morning. Be wary if you let the installation run while you are sleeping.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I installed 10586 straight from 8.1 on a Lumia 1020.
I'm having some small problems:
- the phone is warm and battery is draining;
- "Network services" and "Rate your device" don't download with error 0x803F8006 (I tried a soft reset but nothing changed);
- 8.1 was way faster;
- Images on tiles are low-res (News, Weather, Groove etc.);
- Old apps such as Calendar and Settings still show up in the app list (they don't work though);
- Every app that uses maps crashes at launch;
- Dialing numbers is super super slow because it refreshes the smart dial numbers, it's almost unusable;
- The keyboard is slower than the 8.1 one, it doesn't always keep up;
- The Windows Camera app has a slow framerate.

I'm tempted by a hard reset, but since I need Lumia Camera I can't lose it...
Is this behaviour "normal" or should I restore 8.1? Thanks!!

A lot of the issues you are having should be fixed with a hard reset, however, there are still many issues and glitches with the latest build.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I have 10586.11 on my CV L635 (512MB). It runs surprisingly well given the low RAM. Apps do occasionally crash, but then apps crashed on WP8.1 as well. I have encountered only one bug so far: app list shading is gone after launching an app and going back to the app list. With this build, W10 finally feels truly usable on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos