Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

sraina

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I also have the 640 XL, so I tested this for you. "Set a reminder in 2 mins" and Cortana sets it. In 2 mins both my 640 XL and my Windows 10 PC alert me, so all seems well. I hope you fix it :)

Cortana reminders work without fail. I use office365 for my office email - it seems some of those reminders don't work. In particular the ones that are meeting invites forwarded to me. This used to work flawlessly in 8.1

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
same here, no mail and no contacts, it says "unable to sync, error 0x86000c0a :/

Me too :unhappy:

• In Email app when I force sync the message says: Having a problem syncing to dub404-m.hotmail.com at the moment. Error 0x86000c0a.
    I have no emails showing.
  • Calendar app opens, but no events show.
  • People app shows no contacts!

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
10586 is running fine, better life is better than 10581 (Nokia 920).

Some sharings after 1.5 days:
- Great battery life
- Here Transit got an update, installed, now it won't load
- Still cannot assign Ringtone to a contact, I read that it works for some people even in previous build
- Latest Photos upgrade added video trim, nice
- Camera still no burst mode. Pictures quality seen improvement - or is it my eyes? :)
- Still no panorama mode in camera
- Not seeing resuming/loading much
- MI Band apps that wouldn't load with bluetooth on is now working fine
- Lumia cinemagraph is hitting into error, I think it can't find the new photos location or something
- Here Drive+ works well
- Battery Saver not showing % in live tile, and not telling us time since last charge (was having this in 8.1)
- Edge works well, even running Google photos site very well but won't run Google Hangouts site in proper way (no way to send message)
-

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Despite the initial issues after upgrading from build 10581, I rolled back to WP8.1 and upgraded again and it now looks very good. Some animations are a little sucky, like opening Settings from the Action Center. Aside from that, I still can't update Rate Your Device and Network Devices, but the rest is going great!

Ackhmed

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Reporting from Lumia 930. All is good. This is the best performing build yet. That's as generic as it gets but this is on par if not better than 8.1 Update 2 in terms of battery life, UI fluidity, opening apps etc. Upgraded from 10581 directly and encounter no boot loop because I didn't hard reset it.

My only problem now relies on WhatsApp which still shows 0.5 seconds of "loading.." everytime I open it. Other than that, it's superb!

Interestingly, I now can download Rate Your Device and Network Settings without error only after I leave Windows Insider program.

CuteBug

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Had to Roll back to 8.1 from 10581 on my Lumia 720.
Took me a long time to install 10586 finally and it was worth the wait.

Definitely better than 10581 but not as smooth as 8.1.

Just a question, how to I enable numeric lock on my mobile when you swipe up the lock screen. That option doesn't seem to be there now.

Jude HMQ

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
L930 here, and yes, battery drain isn't as much as yours, but much higher than the previous build, and i cant seem to figure out where its all going. Phone does seem a little sluggish too. Any one else with a L930 Experiencing this? apart from the sys apps not downloading?

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft is confusing the very savvy Windows Phone user with their mobile strategy, me!

Here Transit is working very well in 8.1. It tells me my bus numbers, routes, estimated time accurately. So they have the information with them because it works in 8.1.
Okay, now that I am on 10586 (supposingly RTM but MS is not saying it) - Here Transit received an update this morning, I installed it. Then upon launching, it says I need the latest version and asking me to check the store, then it closes.

Great. Now I use Microsoft Maps, it has Transit little icon too, but now when i try to go to a destination, it says we have no transit information for your area!

Why Microsoft? Why? This is frustrating!
You have the information, you even offered the latest version of Here Transit to update in Store, but it is just not working!
And if I go to the Store and search "Here Transit" i get nothing.
This is weird.

How much patience do a faithful WP user needs to have to stay in this platform?

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Funny was just thinking to start a new thread on battery drain. Did a device recovery from 10581, went back to 8.1 and then up to 10586. Have L930. Battery is horrible. Have checked to turn off almost all apps in the background except essential ones. Hey Cortana not setup. So not sure why. I am actually not even using as a daily driver. No simm. Email accounts are set to either manual or every hour except for two primary accounts. Anyone with some suggestions?

Edward Baylon

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
This feels like RTM. Everything just works as expected.

It is better if you upgrade from windows 8.1, with this you will have a much smoother process tried this on my 635 and it is great, 635 has only 512mb ram but now i have not seen the resuming much better than windows 8.1 in resuming apps.
I upgrade my 1520 from the last preview build and as expected it is in boot loop.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
battery performance update. after update to 586, the battery's performance has been dropped: before, with 581 I lost 3% overnight, but now I lost 20%. anyone else has such issue? 640xl dual sim

patb63

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Okay, here's my status:

Lumia 1520, updated from 10581 to 10586
Had done a hard reset, so had to use keys to break the loop
My 1520 is working better, but still can't connect to laptop via USB
Hey Cortana doesn't do anything when I click on it in Extras
Had to reconfigure everything in my Band 2, but it's working now
Can't get phone to see the ringtones I downloaded from Onedrive

This one seems soooo close!!!

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
battery is great on my 920. i only did soft reset after everything is done (apps update and all that).
Better than 10581. is there anything you missed?
check background apps.

Not sure what it is. Almost no apps tunning the background. Starting use on SIMM now. Put down the L830. Lost about 20% in last hour. Seems really poor. Everything else is working great. Maybe just L930? Not sure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99