Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Running build 10586 on my Lumia 730 and there are no glitches except for occasional frame rate drop while scrolling start screen..otherwise it's running great. Upgraded from windows 8.1 as my daily use device. :)

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
ok I was updating from 10581 and as expected my phone kept rebooting, now it shows a lightning bolt and gear screen and it doesn't respond to any reset tries and it's not detected by windows recovery tool!

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
ok I was updating from 10581 and as expected my phone kept rebooting, now it shows a lightning bolt and gear screen and it doesn't respond to any reset tries and it's not detected by windows recovery tool!

Have you tried the button combo reset method? Sorry I do not recall the exact combo but includes holding "down power +volume down" until reboot and then immediately holding "volume down" to show "!". Then there is a four key combo to Hard Reset.

Mahmoud Hussein

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried the button combo reset method? Sorry I do not recall the exact combo but includes holding "down power +volume down" until reboot and then immediately holding "volume down" to show "!". Then there is a four key combo to Hard Reset.
yes I tried it (volume up + volume down - power then volume down) it doesn't respond!

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: New W10M Build

Even when there's a "99% success rate", a 1% error rate is still valid :) - but then, this is not merely 1%, LOTS of people are having LOTS of problems.

I'm not saying that you're wrong - it does seem that lots of people are having lots of problems, but how do you know it's not 1%? Do you have an accurate number of how many have been sold and of those sold, how many people are having problems? Or are you just guessing? Maybe it is 1% and that 1% is just really vocal. It could be 50%, it could be 80%, it could be .5%. I'm assuming most of us on here don't have access to sales or activation data, so everything else is just a guess.

shahidkazi

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded my Lumia 1320 to this version. The upgrade took a long time to finish (about 1.5 hours).

- The OS does seem snappier and more stable (but will need to use it for a couple of days to confirm).
- The switching between apps is faster though i did notice that some of the thumbnails of the apps and the labels were swapped (e.g. showed the thumbnail of outlook for groove and settings for outlook, etc)
- The option to select storage location and storage status of both internal and external memory is back
- The messaging app still randomly closes at times
- The jittery lock screen widget for groove still exists
- The OS did freeze once for me since yesterday (normally freezes 3-4 times in a day needing a hard boot)
- Will need to use it for a couple of days to know if battery life is improved

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
yes I tried it (volume up + volume down - power then volume down) it doesn't respond!

Its volume down and power button until ! Shows.
Its the same as pulling the battery out.
I had the reboot loop problem on my L520, connecting to my PC and running WPRT got it to stop. I did not run thru WPRT back to 8.1, just got it to see the phone.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

erichunt

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Just about everything is working flawlessly on my 830... except Cortana. Long press on the search button used to launch Cortana and she'd start listening. Now she just sits there and does nothing. I also used to be able to say "Call my Wife" and Cortana would call my wife. Now whenever I do that she just crashes. Been happening since build 581.

Any ideas?

trnz007

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Is there any device specific bug present? I heard some users complaining about volume down key not working on lumia 720. Can you confirm it?

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
After much struggle with language settings Cortana now working, overall its better than 581, just some app update issue.

Jasper Besmonte

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
This build and the build before causes my phone to freeze after some time. I need to remove the battery in order to fix this and the freezing is so random. Anyone else have this trouble? I have a Lumia 520.

Tonytoronto2015

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Well, installed on my 925 over previous build, most worked ok but few bugs i had with previous version was still present. Well, some are of those bugs are fixed, like extremely slow Cortana when using bluetooth, battery usage always showed 0, and few smaller ones. Now, i got some new ones and way worst than the previous.
-- Messaging app crashes when opened most of the time, whenever it feel like it it works.
--Quick actions cannot be changed, crashes app
-- Cortana still slow, and dumber now. When using bluetooth, if you tell her to text someone, you can see she got the message perfectly and than decides it did not understand, try again. So freaking annoying. btw, Still wont work if Canada used as location.
-- Cortana, used to read text really quick, now the dumb thing will wait forever until it does. Looks like messaging app needs to open cortana to in turn read the message, pathetic how long it takes.Was so nice and fast on 8.1, horrible now
-- Cortana in general became dumber and slower. If this major feature of the OS, the OS ****ed.
-- Did i mention cortana sucks
--

pthomasn

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded on 640XL. The whole operation took 45 min including download of about 70 mb over mobile hotspot. nothing new observed. Same as previous build. Still cant personalise sounds and ringtone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss