Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

vndtt

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
10586 installed on a Lumia 535. Smooth as it gets, only issue is Cortana, which doesnt work at all. Live Tile is dead, and no recomendations, except the weather. I'm from Spain. Also, Rate your device can't be updated on the store, thats the only app in that situation.

iHReehan

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
wp_ss_20151120_0001.png

Only 2 issues the Store icon still crashes while opening the store & In Personalization the lock screen shows Facebook as the selected app Instead of the original one for few sec

Last edited:

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have also installed to a Lumia 535. Again, very smooth when it's working.

The 12 erroring stuck apps are now down to one, Rate My Device.

However, it hangs, becomes totally unresponsive to touch, several times a day, meaning a soft reset is needed. If it hangs in an app on the SD card, the card reports as corrupted on restart. Never had this on earlier builds.

The Automatic brightness is erratic, it will leap from a suitable brightness to eye searing, and then you manually change it to low, a few munites later it will leap back to what low is supposed to be!

Also, if you move an app using Storage, it loses its icon. If you move it back, the icon reappears (!) This one has been reported on Feedback, please upvote.

I really cannot believe this is a later build than the 950 is shipping with. We are all on a beta test programme that we chose to be in, this stuff comes with the territory. But shipping a device to potentially new customers with what is beta software is not acceptable.

Last edited:

Baba Saheb Beera

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Guys I installed 10586 on my Lumia 620 and its working very well so far. But I want to leave the insider program now. Is it ok??Or Will the phone builds have an expiry date too??

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Guys I installed 10586 on my Lumia 620 and its working very well so far. But I want to leave the insider program now. Is it ok??Or Will the phone builds have an expiry date too??

I don't actually believe that's going to happen, I mean, the expiring date and so, so, you can keep it going. On the other hand, I recommend you to keep the Insider Program app on board for any new build coming up with better performance and things like that.

On the other hand, how is Build 10586 working on your Lumia 620? I'm highly interested on how Windows 10 Mobile is working in such devices. Some impresions and pics as an extra if you can, please :)

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
My unit is 1520 and I upgraded from 8.1.

- I got stuck at migrating your data... 20 of 24
- I did a soft reset and it brought me to the start screen
- I thought it went well since most of my 8.1 apps are intact.
- But I lost Lumia Camera and to my horror, messaging, outlook and cortana is not working even after doing several soft reset.
- I have no choice but to do a hard reset, and opted to start fresh and not use my back-up
- I lost my banking app, Bank of the Philippine Islands, not compatible w/ w10.
- But most apps are working! Lumia camera is back, and Hey Cortana
- I find it not as smooth as 8.1, but seems stable, 2nd day using it as main driver.
- The edit rich capture/get best lighting for microsoft camera or photo app not working.
- Need further observation, but battery seems to be draining fast. I'm out of juice in 3 hours of browsing, and discharges at 10% per hour when on standby (wi-fi is open)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to install/update all the Lumia related apps? Mine always fail in the store now. I have this issue both after upgrading and a hard reset. On a hard reset (which is what I am running now) I just have more Lumia apps that fail, when I upgraded I only had one that failed (Motion Data).

RkNguyen

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm using L1320, and update from 10581 to 10586, not found any issue. (But i had an issue when update from previous build to 10581. It made my 1320 bricked, and took me 2 days dying to try to save it. And i went from 8.1 to 10581, and go on to 10586 normally, no reset)

One issue is: I cannot use BACK UP from previous build. The system is clear, need to manual install all my apps .

I also updated all apps in store + system update. But LINE cannot run on this build (and 10581 as well).

L_Capture.PNG

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
My 1520 runs like a champ on 586.11.. Now upgrading my 830 and will all confidence i can say it's ready to use as daily driver.
My hype for win10 is still there.

Aleksi

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Did a factory reset for my Lumia 640 and from there to the latest build. Much improved again since previous build but still not without plenty of bugs, small and big. The biggest ones are that I can't download offline maps or language packs for the keyboard.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
My unit is 1520 and I upgraded from 8.1.

- But most apps are working! Lumia camera is back, and Hey Cortana
It will disappear again. After a hard reset the Lumia Camera is on the phone for like 24 hours then it just vanishes and the tile on homescreen is replaced with Microsofts ****ty ripoff of the Lumia Camera. I have no idea if there is a way to keep the Lumia Camera app on the phone but probably not. MS wants it gone obviously and replace it with an inferior app for our phones.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to install/update all the Lumia related apps? Mine always fail in the store now. I have this issue both after upgrading and a hard reset. On a hard reset (which is what I am running now) I just have more Lumia apps that fail, when I upgraded I only had one that failed (Motion Data).

It's a server / busy network iussue, it resolvers by itself next hours / days when users free download channels after the big update wave

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
10586 installed on a Lumia 535. Smooth as it gets, only issue is Cortana, which doesnt work at all. Live Tile is dead, and no recomendations, except the weather. I'm from Spain. Also, Rate your device can't be updated on the store, thats the only app in that situation.

I had these issues too, Cortana started working after setting region, language, speech to US and downloading language update.

Live tiles worked after setting up Microsoft account and opening each app, i.e. people, news, store and photos.

Sent from mTalk

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Camera will be dismissed and removed from s.o.
The latest Windows camera updates are pretty good (except too few advanced settings, on my personal opinion, and the missing video stabilization on mine), they update once a week...

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It will disappear again. After a hard reset the Lumia Camera is on the phone for like 24 hours then it just vanishes and the tile on homescreen is replaced with Microsofts ****ty ripoff of the Lumia Camera. I have no idea if there is a way to keep the Lumia Camera app on the phone but probably not. MS wants it gone obviously and replace it with an inferior app for our phones.

I thought of losing it so I transferred the app to SD, so the update will not apply (app need to be on the device). I still have it and using it :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear, all these app updates that fail and Lumia camera disappearing are affecting those who hard reset, right? I don't hard reset after updating so I can keep Lumia camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234