Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
This build is a bit better than the previous on 520, Edge definitely better and faster, here is my experience after 24h

1. Random freezes on Start screen or between app transition animation, happens alot, multiple times per hour, but never on other screen and never while idle
2. Typing lag very much, it already lag while I type this, especially the backspace key
3. Due to keyboard lag, word flow is really hard to do and often misses a point which gives wrong word result
4. Store is really, really, slow. No kidding, after upgrading there's 30 apps need to be updated, it took me up to 6 hours to get them all done, and they're not actually done, but most installation actually failed with some error code, download speed is normal, it's the installation that always stalled
5. SMS and other apps notification sometimes doesn't get through unless the app is opened. Yes, even SMS
6. Store again, if new apps is set to be installed on SD card and you try to install apps that NOT allowed to be installed on SD card, installation failed without any information except meaningless error code
7. Store again, again, if you have lots of apps updating, over 15, don't ever try to go to download page, it will freeze your phone
8. UI inconsistency as always
9. You can't find social apps from People app
10. LinkedIn integration is gone
11. Selecting text is harder to do, double tapping a word doesn't automatically highlight it, but it works on 2nd try.
12. All apps still run way slower compared to 8.1, just like last build
13. Not much resuming screen, and apps that are resumed is resumed correctly, not restarting the app. This only true for UWP apps of course.
14. Unlike in PC, Quiet Hours still require Cortana here, which I don't have

Will run this build as far as I can hold it..

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This build is a bit better than the previous on 520, Edge definitely better and faster, here is my experience after 24h

1. Random freezes on Start screen or between app transition animation, happens alot, multiple times per hour, but never on other screen and never while idle
2. Typing lag very much, it already lag while I type this, especially the backspace key
3. Due to keyboard lag, word flow is really hard to do and often misses a point which gives wrong word result
4. Store is really, really, slow. No kidding, after upgrading there's 30 apps need to be updated, it took me up to 6 hours to get them all done, and they're not actually done, but most installation actually failed with some error code, download speed is normal, it's the installation that always stalled
5. SMS and other apps notification sometimes doesn't get through unless the app is opened. Yes, even SMS
6. Store again, if new apps is set to be installed on SD card and you try to install apps that NOT allowed to be installed on SD card, installation failed without any information except meaningless error code
7. Store again, again, if you have lots of apps updating, over 15, don't ever try to go to download page, it will freeze your phone
8. UI inconsistency as always
9. You can't find social apps from People app
10. LinkedIn integration is gone
11. Selecting text is harder to do, double tapping a word doesn't automatically highlight it, but it works on 2nd try.

Will run this build as far as I can hold it..

I owe a 520 too, I suffer none of above expect random crashes exiting Messages app (never use back button!!!).
You have to enable Messages app in backgroud for working.
A question: do you have video stabilization option in Windows Camera? It was there 3 updates before

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Does auto quiet hours not work with W10 latest? Took the plunge and joined preview from 8.1 yesterday. All seems ok so far, but noticed my phone didn't go into quiet hours at 10.35pm.

Gone into Cortana to try set times for it - nothing there! Trying to edit inner circle causes it to crash also.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I owe a 520 too, I suffer none of above expect random crashes exiting Messages app (never use back button!!!).
You have to enable Messages app in backgroud for working.
A question: do you have video stabilization option in Windows Camera? It was there 3 updates before

Well lucky you! The slowness of Store is really troublesome. Messaging is working, I do alot of texting so I know that it's working, it just randomly stopped working and then I open the app the messages are coming in a stream. Yes it was there yesterday after build upgrade but now it's gone, probably updated.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Does auto quiet hours not work with W10 latest? Took the plunge and joined preview from 8.1 yesterday. All seems ok so far, but noticed my phone didn't go into quiet hours at 10.35pm.

Gone into Cortana to try set times for it - nothing there! Trying to edit inner circle causes it to crash also.

May be its region or device, inner circle and quiet hours working fine for me.

Sent from mTalk

Motel75

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
As with the previous build, there is a minor aesthetic bug: When you close an app and return to the All Programs list, the background picture behind the list is no longer dimmed, but is at full brightness.

Sabin V Abraham

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Basic apps - Phone and Messaging are lagging.
Specially phone app is little slow while dialling a number.
Lumia 720 (512 MB RAM)

Last edited:

Saurabh Vaidya

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
After updating,
Sd card storage option shows correctly but no app is working as it was on previous build.
Groove music not showing any songs.
, photos arent showing also no videos in film & tv app.
Though i can browse sd card through file explorer but cant access any music or picture.

I did hard and soft reset also.
It shows fix sd card error message. But it is unable to fix errors.
Any suggestions?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
After updating,
Sd card storage option shows correctly but no app is working as it was on previous build.
Groove music not showing any songs.
, photos arent showing also no videos in film & tv app.
Though i can browse sd card through file explorer but cant access any music or picture.

I did hard and soft reset also.
It shows fix sd card error message. But it is unable to fix errors.
Any suggestions?

The only way is checking in a laptop with sd reader

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Messaging app crashes when you try to launch it on my icon. Then when you launch a second time it opens. Other than that I have had screen responsiveness issues a few times that I have never had before. Other than that it's running great. I just hope they finally get a fix for messaging. The linked inbox needs to come back also, was finally working perfect when they pulled it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss