Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Florin Musetoiu

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I`m very hyped by new things but sadly Win 10 mobile has crushed my dreams about a fast mobile OS with no issues ...

Went back to Win 8.1 just to try to fix my Phone before i update again to the Build 10586. But after i`ve seen how fast the previous OS was i decided to stay with it.

I don`t understand what MS is doing and why Windows 10 feels so clunky compared to the beauty of 8.1 ... sadly it`s an old OS and it shows it age but still kicks Win 10`s butt ...

Stuff that i miss from Win 10 on the current 8.1 :
- Mail app
-Store app
-Action center
-Settings with category
-keyboard
-Edge, is better than IE and for now there is no better alternative on 8.1

Everything else is better on Win 8.1. Even the battery ... i can pull 2 days of standby in 8.1 and in 10 i must charge the phone daily ... some might say it`s not a big thing ... well batteries have limited numbers of recharges ... i don`t want to be stuck to the wall all the time.

I don`t get the Windows Maps... they want to replace Here maps, they are based technically on the same maps but with far less features... even the voice navigation is limited ... why on earth would i want to give up Here maps for an inferior product ?

Photos in Win 8.1 can show Facebook pictures, on Win 10 only Onedrive ... and sometimes it crashes on video playback with some green artefacts.
People app loads instanly in Win 10 is always waiting.
Contact ID in win 8.1 is more stylish and faster than the one in Win 10.
And they still have this ridiculous ringtone process to connect to a PC to copy the damn song in a particular folder ... Seriously MS ?

Even the Windows Central app is way faster on Win 8.1 ... I seriously doubt that MS will make a fast OS from Win 10 on the older phones ... Btw i`m using a Lumia 930.

FuzzyLogician

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920. First time with insider build. Upgraded directly with no resets.
Issues:
1. Lost notifications for Messaging (Skype and sms).
2. Messaging crashes if I open a group Skype chat.
3. Cannot open maps apps or maps section in settings.
4. Phone app crashes occasionally.
5. Swiping crashed email app, but I think that is fixed with app update.
6. Wunderlist live tiles no longer update, even after removing and repinning.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Messaging app crashes when you try to launch it on my icon. Then when you launch a second time it opens. Other than that I have had screen responsiveness issues a few times that I have never had before. Other than that it's running great. I just hope they finally get a fix for messaging. The linked inbox needs to come back also, was finally working perfect when they pulled it.
Yeah me too on the msg app. Was doing that in 581 for me too. Also noticed the app list brightness when closing out of apps. It doesn't dim all the time, stuck apps in the store 0x803f8006 and screen flickering. Didn't have screen flickers in 581 that I noticed.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Rich Capture is still broken for some users (myself included, 830) even after completing these steps.

I can only get it to function with the flash switched on. When it is off, the image never gets past the processing stage before giving up and saving a 720p preview image.

Same for me. It seems to be a bug in the Windows Camera app, however, not in Photos Plugin. When I use Lumia Camera Beta (which still can be installed on the 1520) Rich Capture without flash works fine. It seems that Windows Camera just doesn't properly create the HDR image.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the UK. Worked great on 8.1, not sure how i can force it - not like i can delete cortana and redownload!
I don't know if she can be uninstalled. Try changing region, language and speech to US and then back to UK. Don't forget to download speech update.

Last edited:

Aria N

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Did a factory reset for my Lumia 640 and from there to the latest build. Much improved again since previous build but still not without plenty of bugs, small and big. The biggest ones are that I can't download offline maps or language packs for the keyboard.

You should download and enroll into insider program to download language packs.

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Does the Outlook Calendar not have a live tile that shows the actual date? My tile is just the Outlook Calendar icon...kind of ridiculous if that is the case.

Try to add an event, then you can delete it. Wait until live tile refreshes. This should result in visible date on live tile.

striderbih

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Same for me. It seems to be a bug in the Windows Camera app, however, not in Photos Plugin. When I use Lumia Camera Beta (which still can be installed on the 1520) Rich Capture without flash works fine. It seems that Windows Camera just doesn't properly create the HDR image.

It works on my 1520, I'm getting sharp, 15MP images using Windows camera, rich capture without flash. But Photos plug-in is not same as on 10581 - now it's without presets (Natural, Artistic, No HDR...) - only "custom" slider.

rgosh

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Went back to 8.1 and I am surprised how fast and responsive it is.

Really not happy with UI consistency in Windows 10. I don't know what MS is up to?

Ask Sonnie

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Camera will be dismissed and removed from s.o.
The latest Windows camera updates are pretty good (except too few advanced settings, on my personal opinion, and the missing video stabilization on mine), they update once a week...

Edit lighting (edit rich capture) not working for me, both in photo app and windows camera. Did a hard reset already, 1520 here

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I don't know now what I did wrong (or right) to keep Lumia Camera working
I reset the phone again, and waited for the Nokia Camera to be installed (which it isn't from the beginning). Then I moved it to the SD card and this time I have removed the SD card from the phone and let all the apps update and such. Will insert it again later on and see what happens, and also back up the SD card to my computer.

Joseph Avena

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Install working great only 2 minor issues already reported via Windows Feedback. When opening Message app sometimes it opens then closes, then I need to reopen. Visual Voicemail mot working at all, will be following up with ATT to see if my VM needs to be reset. Other than that the phone is working really well & fast slick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion