Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Woke this morning and there were updates to some core apps. Was very pleased to see messaging app in the list because it was the ONLY thing I could find wrong on my 1520.

Ran the update.

Went straight to messaging app to try to read an old thread that crashed the app EVERYtime I touched it.

It opened! 3 year old thread in all it's glory.

I know not everyone has been as fortunate, but 10586 on my 1520 ALMOST makes me cancel my 950XL pre-order. It's that good. It's like I have the latest and greatest smartphone already. :)

Alas, I am someone who WILL use Continuum though. On day 1! Gonna be hard to take the SIM outta my 2 year old rejuvenated flagship.

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: RTM? I think not. The swear words are automatically censored. ****!

Ok, so here's how the fast ring screwed me over. I was on the slow ring on my Lumia 520, my daily driver. But as you know, the slow ring has been stuck on 10166 for ages now. It was working ok but I was getting frustrated by the loading/resuming screens and clearly it was playing on my patience. Every time I looked online a new build would come on to the fast ring 240,536, 572 or whatever. The bugs seemed to be getting fixed. The battery life was being improved and the builds were getting faster. Yet none of them were making the slow ring. So when 581 came out (It cleared the bug of having to go back to 8.1 I think) I jumped ship to the fast ring. The first installation, I got ****ed by the dropbox app which didn't uninstall properly(I removed it while making space for the update, didn't use it anyway), and the update kept giving me an error because of it during that annoying preparing to install time. I had to reset the phone and that somehow it went to ****.
PS: This site is a bloody horrible experience on WP.

so at least you know it's known bug. Next time, don't panic, just need to do a OOBE(out of box experience) first before a hard reset or windows recovery. Follow this instructions:

a. Disconnect the charger. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously. Release the pressed keys when phone vibrates and then immediately press and hold the volume down button until the phone displays an exclamation mark (!) on the screen. Release the volume down key.

hard-reset-wo-charger-2-50.png

b. Then press the volume and power keys in the following order: volume up, volume down, power, and volume down.

hard-reset-wo-charger-3-50.png

Attachments

• hard-reset-wo-charger-2-50.png
    hard-reset-wo-charger-2-50.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 70

Gaurav Vishal

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have installed it on Lumia 520, there is definite lag (more than 8.1), but its getting better with every use. The overall functionality is quite smooth. Love Cortana's notification even on desktop on missed calls. UI is still not finished though, the missed call notification and message notification even after dismissing reappears. But overall is good to go for daily driver. Bu fixes and improvements will come later on.

Arjun KR

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Using 640 XL here:
Unable to connect to PC via USB in the build 10586, says USB device not recognized. Glance not working, Auto brightness is unstable, always stays in high brightness.

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
i have installed this build on my 730...
am facing lot of issues
1. lockscreen flickering is still there while playing music (i have done hard reset twice)
2.speech to text is not working through out the OS even in cortana ( india )
3.lockscreen pin is not working...when i restart the phone works and when its goes to standby automatically it works..if i lock it and open it..its not asking for pin
4.app list ( app drawer) some times not showing the black or white shades at the back...simply the wallpaper it irritates a lot
5.on screen navigation goes dark grey (which was there before on 8.1 also)
6.store app crashes many times
7.most irritating bug is living image option is not there in windows camera on my 730 and rich capture edit also not available which supposed to be as per MS
8. duplicated apps are presents in my app list..i mean i have a flipkart app installed on my phone, same app duplicated and showing pending..i am not able do anything..same happening with many apps..

sobnekahcSmoT

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
This is the first build that has me going back to 8.1. I understand that firmware and software make a difference, but if this is what shipped with the 950, then the ship is sinking faster than I thought it could. My 640 locks up, gets non responsive to touches, and is just plain glitchy. Rebooting takes forever and sometimes locks up for 5 minutes with what appears to be a dark gray glowing screen before it finally shuts down. Errors galore updating apps, and Wi-Fi shuts off. I gave up after the 830 but decided to come back with the 640, because I really do believe that the platform could be awesome, but at this rate, especially missing yet another holiday season for MS spells certain doom.
Same problem here with Motion Data on the Lumia 930. Location is turned on. When I boot Motion Data I see the content for half a second before it disappears.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you guys hard reset on this build yet? I haven't had any problems training Hey Cortana on my Icon in quite a few builds.

What phone do you guys have? I have a 1520.3 and I could not train her on the previous build - I wonder if it's hardware/firmware related? This was 'supposed' to be fixed - they probably *still* have bugs - I'm not going to bother with another windows mobile build for another six months at least.

Ackhmed

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Already said many times, but again :
This is a store issue, server-side, for Lumia licenced apps. Gabriel Aul said, since Wednesday, that the Store team is on it.

It seems to be fixed device by device. 1520, 930 (not Icon), 830 seem now OK. It means: suddenly these apps will update correctly.

Everything you'll read (do a soft reset, hard reset, install and move to SD card, turn 3 times on yourself, turn off the device for 2*pi hours, etc.) is PURE SUPERSTITION.

I confirm, this morning : 11 apps pending on my 640 and on my 535 as well.

These apps are not updating but they work; and new updates (messaging etc) are not blocked by this queue, so it's purely an aesthetic issue at this stage.

So just wait & see ;)

I can confirm this with my 930. No Store download or error whatsoever. Everything just work. Front camera now produce 200% better images. =D

But there's still Store issue with my other 640XL, 525 and 820. Hope to get this fixed ASAP.

Rahul Pallam

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Guys I started updating on my lumia 720 today through slow ring ... Facing a major problem while installing ... Its showing a " :-( " bad smiley symbol. Unable to turn on my phone normally to 8.1.
Plzz help me out. How can I revert back to 8.1??
IMG_20151121_212553298.jpg
IMG_20151121_212543009.jpg

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
A question to 1520 users:
Does anyone have app scaling issues for any apps written for WP8.1, such as WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook Messenger etc. on this build? I updated from WP8.1, everything runs great. Only issue is, it appears as if the old apps. (probably written in Silverlight for WP8.1) do not see the device resolution as 1080 X 1920, and there's black bar (or blank space) just above the app bar at the bottom.

Like this on WhatsApp for instance:
wp_ss_20151121_0002.jpg

I don't have this issue on Lumia 1320, which has lower resolution than 1520.

Wondering if anyone else has this issue on 1080 X 1920 device (such as 930 or 1520), and would doing a hard reset resolve it?

SecondNuts

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 925 - installed automatically yesterday. Everything worked, store apps updated.. Placed it only wireless charging pad before bed, woke up this morning to a brick. Soft reset will vibrate, but nothing else. Tried Windows Device Recovery Tool, "Device could not be found"... tried the OOBE and I get no exclamation point. I get the short vibration after pwr + vol dwn.. immediately release buttons and press vol dwn... nothing.

Ideas?

Ph0n6

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the issue with inprivate browsing for M$ edge? My inpivrate browsing choice was greyed out for some reason?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers