Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Plzz check #575 post from me ... unable to install the update... a ":-(" is being displayed

You'll have to install the software recovery tool on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer, and then flash the software from the recovery tool onto the phone. Then try Windows Mobile 10 Insider again.

tohoshinki

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
After a hard reset, this build now works like a charm on my 930. I'm really impressed. The new core apps in W10M are actually a LOT faster than the core apps in 8.1. The animations are smooth, everything seems to be working nicely.

Despite all the negativity this week in the WP community.... W10M shows a lot of potential, and I'm really happy. The new music player IS SO FAST. It's night and day's difference to the trash I put up with on Xbox music 8.1.

Australian Cortana drops the beta tag, it works really well and she has a new voice which i love. W10 is the first mobile OS to have full transit directions for the entirety of Australia which is incredible. Neither Apple Maps nor Google Maps come close.

Battery life is good. Dare I say better than on 8.1? Still not a fan of the new photos app though, it feels clunky compared to the old one.. Nothing compares to the WP7 Photos Hub.

The core experience is excellent. For all the basic smartphone stuff, Microsoft nails it in W10M. Music, Camera and OneNote are the three things I use most in my day (the flashlight toggle also), and they're all lightyears ahead of anything in 8.1. I really hope developers jump on board and update their existing apps.

New Facebook Messenger, Tumblr and Instagram apps can't come fast enough.

Dushan Bogicevic

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
This actually happened to my on my lumia 820 a few builds ago. I fixed it by connecting it to the PC, running the windows device recovery tool. Note that i had to put the phone into flashing mode for the app to find it. After that it worked fine. Trust me i freaked a lot when i saw that.

Gulshan D

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
A question to 1520 users:
Does anyone have app scaling issues for any apps written for WP8.1, such as WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook Messenger etc. on this build? I updated from WP8.1, everything runs great. Only issue is, it appears as if the old apps. (probably written in Silverlight for WP8.1) do not see the device resolution as 1080 X 1920, and there's black bar (or blank space) just above the app bar at the bottom.

Like this on WhatsApp for instance:
View attachment 117125

I don't have this issue on Lumia 1320, which has lower resolution than 1520.

Wondering if anyone else has this issue on 1080 X 1920 device (such as 930 or 1520), and would doing a hard reset resolve it?

Yep.
I'm using Lumia 730 and Whatsapp and some other apps I use got scaling issues. I can't hide my on screen navigation bar by bottom edge swipe. If I hide the navigation bar on start menu and then open whatsapp, then the nav bar will automatically appear.
It's just that whatsapp and some other apps will just fit in that much area of the screen or some ****.

vipul W

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
If u knw how to downgrade to windows 8 from W10 then I assume that u are aware of windows recovery software..
Here is something u can try..
Try resetting ur device again while it is connected to pc and the recovery software is searching for it..

Search for 'Sad Lumia' on YouTube and go through the first video (would rather post a link but the forum needs at least 10 posts to paste a link)

I hope it works for you!

diet abendan

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi! upgraded my lumia 1520 to 10581 about a week or so ago and was having a problem with messaging. I'd receive a text but it wont notify me. I have to open messaging app to see if I have any msgs since it doesn't give me any notification. I now have just upgraded to 10586.11 and still same problem. no notification that I have new text msg and yet when I open the app there are some unread messages!
What should I do? Haven't done a hard reset yet.
thanks in advance for the help.

Wajeeh Maaz

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was/am messing with my L635 (10581) s registry and I'm trying to find the value that will let me change the perceived screen size or the DPI values, so that I can try the 4 rows of tiles on my start screen. It isn't a resolution issue (it works on the L535 with the same resolution) so does anyone know the value to change in order for it to work? Thanks :D

terryb99

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Flawless upgrade from 10581 to 10586 on my 925.
T-Mobile WiFi calling worked great yesterday. Left the house while on a call. It transitioned from WiFi to 4G without dropping the call.
To test further, I made another call while in 4G, and it transferred over to WiFi when I got back home.
Never did that before, always dropped when I left WiFi
:)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was/am messing with my L635 (10581) s registry and I'm trying to find the value that will let me change the perceived screen size or the DPI values, so that I can try the 4 rows of tiles on my start screen. It isn't a resolution issue (it works on the L535 with the same resolution) so does anyone know the value to change in order for it to work? Thanks :D
Why tinker with the registry if the option is really available? Go to Settings >> System >> Display and start playing around with the DPI, the lowest should get you 5 quick action buttons and 2 wide tile layout.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Folks who're having issues after updating from 10581 directly try resetting back to 8.1 stock and then update again, the difference is night and day. I preformed a hard reset after the update and it's working just fine on my 830.

Orlando Parkinson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I Did the update on my 620 from build 10581 an it did got stuck in the loop... i tried the reset using the hardware keys but that didn't work, i had to use the software recovery tool on my computer... rolled back to 8.1.. when i got to 10586... i still had issues... apps weren't working properly... and whenever i switch off the phone.. it would stuck on the nokia logo... i had to remove the battery for it to boot successfully... however.. i did another reset this time via settings... now everything seems to be working fine.. an later that evening i saw another update pop up... an i did the install... everything is fine so far...

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Still not as smooth as 8.1 but its getting there. I hope they will fix the camera postprocessing that destroys picsture quality, for people who cant shoot in RAW

rhrhd

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Ah, I'm late. My Lumia 630 DS isn't friendly lately.

I'm trying to upgrade from 10581 to 10586 (without hard reset):
1. It was successful.
2. No issues.
3. Working great and faster.

Then I wonder how it will perform if I do hard reset?

Well, it was a bad choice guys.

After hard reset:
1. I try to choose start phone clean (not restoring from backup), then I found a bug where I couldn't sync my microsoft account, people, mail, calendar. Workaround: Hard reset again and restore from backup
2. After hard reset, my Lumia screen always set at high brightness. I even can't change it. Every brightness settings is broken. Workaround: Maybe I should go back to 8.1 (not yet try it)
3. Cortana taking 45% of my battery and I don't even use her yet. Workaround: Turn off cortana, turn off "get to know me" in speech, inking, and typing.
4. Because of bug no. 2 & 3 I can't even charge my phone.

That's it.

Don't do hard reset.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
The fact that Microsoft think it is acceptable to have enough of a delay inbetween switching apps to warrant designing in a "Resuming . . . . ." dialogue to make you acutely aware of this, instead of masking it with something pretty, is beyond all belief. How iOS deals with this, and has for years, is that it masks any load times or delays with elegant, fluid zooming in/out animations which, whilst not getting you to the app faster, don't come across as half-baked and draw attention AWAY from the mundane, ugly fact that they are drawing your attention towards MORE by telling you they've not solved the problem, and are, instead, content with making you stare at a "Resuming . . . . ." dialogue with NOTHING about it which could ease your annoyance at that app not having loaded faster.

Think of it like this: if you're sitting in a busy restaurant with hungry children and there's a big queue, what's more likely to make you return to that restaurant for another meal:

#1 Free drinks whilst queueing, and nice surroundings (distractions, but they WORK), and colouring books for your children and maybe a TV to watch?

#2 The owner coming back every few minutes and apologising profusely, further drawing your attention to the inconvenience repeatedly?

I love LOVE Windows Phone platform, but since I come from a mixed iOS/Mac user background, the flaws which are never EVER seen on iOS due to this innovative use of animations and beautiful screens to stare at WHILST things load behind the scenes, are shamelessly laid bare and with no attempt to soften this blow by persisting in having "Resuming . . . . ." ... Microsoft may find that they need to re-assess their design model before they are taken MUCH more seriously than at present; the aesthetic of Windows Phone is minimalist and, whilst that does a LOT in it's favour, it serves to offer a HUGE negative in the respect of being forced into a black void with five animated dots 15+ times a day!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The trademark catchphrase of Windows Phone is "Resuming ■ ■ ■ ■ ■"

Only seen this twice since I've been on 10586. Been a few days now. L830. But it will be dependent on what you do on your phone. You'll never get away from some of this. The only alternative is kill background tasks when something needs more memory rather than saving them of to be resumed. Then it will be slower as the apps will have to load from scratch.

Mr Kaja

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 925 - installed automatically yesterday. Everything worked, store apps updated.. Placed it only wireless charging pad before bed, woke up this morning to a brick. Soft reset will vibrate, but nothing else. Tried Windows Device Recovery Tool, "Device could not be found"... tried the OOBE and I get no exclamation point. I get the short vibration after pwr + vol dwn.. immediately release buttons and press vol dwn... nothing.

Ideas?

Computer see your device as "QHSUSB_DLOAD"? In this case, there are some tutorials over internet, even here. Look for example on some blog or or insider forum (pages ~40-60)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss