Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Wajeeh Maaz

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Why tinker with the registry if the option is really available? Go to Settings >> System >> Display and start playing around with the DPI, the lowest should get you 5 quick action buttons and 2 wide tile layout.
The lowest I get is 125%, which just gives me smaller text and settings (I love this, I'm not complaining). I think I have to tweak something in the registry to enable lower DPI scaling, I really want the 4 rows of tiles :unhappysweat:

Astar_27

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Anyone tried in Lumia 520!!??

Yes I did , unfortunately it turned out to be a length Process it got stuck in loop then I had to go back to windows 8 and come back to this build.... And yea this build has still some issues with store in 520 it causes lags but over all experience is improved considerably , cortana can now understand my native accent and respond in the same also there are less "resuming" screens , considering the fact that we are trying to run it on 512 mb ram phone it's pretty impressive from where it started.. Overall I am happy for now.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Build 10586 on my Lumia 535 finally feels buttery. Loading of apps from usual multi-task mode has greatly improved! However, I still think, there are still UI glitches needs to be polish..

one sample is "Settings> Extras" page..

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Updated my Icon from 8.1 to 10586.11. Everything seems to work just great except for Windows Maps. And since it's a Windows app, I can't uninstall and reinstall. It tries to open, then immediately closes. I, like may others, have also discovered that Here Maps and Here Drive are no longer functional either, so now I'm kinda stuck without a good map app.

Aside from a full wipe and reload, any suggestions?

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi! upgraded my lumia 1520 to 10581 about a week or so ago and was having a problem with messaging. I'd receive a text but it wont notify me. I have to open messaging app to see if I have any msgs since it doesn't give me any notification. I now have just upgraded to 10586.11 and still same problem. no notification that I have new text msg and yet when I open the app there are some unread messages!
What should I do? Haven't done a hard reset yet.
thanks in advance for the help.

Make sure Messaging is allowed in Background apps.

Florin Musetoiu

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
For the ones that get error 0x803f8006 to the Lumia apps and few other the solution is to revert to Windows 8.1, let the phone do all the updates and then upgrade to Win 10 again. If you do hard reset on Win 10 you`ll get again that error, those apps update only under 8.1

PS: did they changed the way a pinned contact looks on the screen again ? I`m getting a circle inside a square and if i set the contact to be large the picture is shown half and then the name below ... i find this utterly retarded.

The only trouble I have is related to edge. Page crash, no inprivate browsing and no full-screen browsing.

You have inprivate browsing in Edge ... look again.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Build 10586 on my Lumia 535 finally feels buttery. Loading of apps from usual multi-task mode has greatly improved! However, I still think, there are still UI glitches needs to be polish..

one sample is "Settings> Extras" page..

My 535 is also enjoying this build. But don't you have like a dozen of apps in your store queue (extras+infos, mixradio, etc), with an update error?

Benji Gledhill

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
As with the last few builds i'm pretty satisfied with this one on my 930, but ... my battery life is pathetic still !
I had the loop bug while updating so hard reset after update and restore from back-up (like the last few builds) and my battery just doesn't hold it's charge. Bearing in mind i got the phone in august. Battery Saver says 13h when taken of charge at 100%. I don't play games, but i browse the internet a little bit, use messaging and messenger, i also keep data on and use bluetooth if i'm listening to music while commuting, so it's pretty light use (mainly because i know that if i use it too much i'm out by 2pm)
I find that if battery saver is on the charge is alot better but haven't tested to see how long i can get with it activated for any length of time. AIDA64 says 0% wear level,
Does any one have a potential fix ?

Also i was havening problems with Bluetooth music playback using an Audi's audio system, it was connecting and music was playing in Groove but no music in the car, eventually after playing around connecting/disconnecting and changing sources i got it to work but still a big pain. Never had any problems with my JayBirds though.

Ph0n6

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
3WgIad5.jpg

If only it was that simple. The funny thing is I search everywhere but no one encounter my problem, which is pretty frustating. I hard reset once in 8.1, upgrade and reset once more, so I doubt hard reset will help here.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys I have never installed any windows 10 pv built on my main driver Lumia 1020 i was on windows 8.1. I was test windows pc 10 on my Lumia 535...infact the latest built is working great on my Lumia 535 than Lumia 1020...
After I installed on Lumia 1020 i did a hard reset still soon many issues...
1) Cortana is not working
2) glance screen only showing time no date
3) battery life is average
4) windows store giving error while downloading apps. And more bugs
Buy windows 10 mobile 586 working great on my Lumia 535 why ?intact iam typing from Lumia 535

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My report goes something like this for my Lumia 930.

Reboot loop with latest build, so restored to 8.1, upgraded to latest W10M build, hard reset, restored a W10M backup from day before. All apps and updates installed ok, no stuck downloads.

Seems to be more buggy than last build, for me at least.

Alarms have been ok so far, no need to cancel it twice or more when it goes off.

No emails this morning, opened Outlook, manually initiated a refresh and mail came through. Verified that it is set to collect every 15 mins, so not sure why it didn't collect any mail overnight.

No notifications on lock-screen for any apps, though I did get a single number appear just once, but even then it didn't have the usual icon next to it, so I'm not sure what the notification was actually for. Can provide screenshot of this if anyone is interested.

Some live tiles don't seem to be working, missed calls, texts and Outlook tiles ok, but others such as Windows Central, Amazing Weather (see text below) not working.

Amazing Weather - gets to splash screen then comes up with message saying "Error occurred". Have screenshot of this too. Obviously live-tile does not work either as mentioned above.

I think there are a couple more things that I can't think of right now, but will edit this post later if I remember.

Overall it's ok still, performance pretty good, nice n smooth, battery life about the same as it was on 8.1 Being on the insider program means that I'm not expecting perfection, but I hope for Microsoft's sake that the new Lumia 950's don't suffer these issues.

Benji Gledhill

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Speccy, What do you mean by battery life like on 8.1, as in how long ?
I never had 8.1 on my 930 for more than a few hours so i don't have a reference, and at the moment i'm getting less than 13 hours

Cheers

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I was/am messing with my L635 (10581) s registry and I'm trying to find the value that will let me change the perceived screen size or the DPI values, so that I can try the 4 rows of tiles on my start screen. It isn't a resolution issue (it works on the L535 with the same resolution) so does anyone know the value to change in order for it to work? Thanks :D

It's not the same resolution. 635 is 480x854 while 535 is 540x960

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Guys I have never installed any windows 10 pv built on my main driver Lumia 1020 i was on windows 8.1. I was test windows pc 10 on my Lumia 535...infact the latest built is working great on my Lumia 535 than Lumia 1020...
After I installed on Lumia 1020 i did a hard reset still soon many issues...
1) Cortana is not working
2) glance screen only showing time no date
3) battery life is average
4) windows store giving error while downloading apps. And more bugs
Buy windows 10 mobile 586 working great on my Lumia 535 why ?intact iam typing from Lumia 535

Battery life average - check app permissions and apps that can run in the background. Also give the phone a couple of days to settle down and then check battery life
App updates - this is a known issue, affecting a majority of Windows 10586 testers
Cortana - I don't have it my region so can't help you there except to ask you to check the language settings - see if everything matches
Glance screen - any settings for that? Check time and date settings perhaps

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My report goes something like this for my Lumia 930.

No emails this morning, opened Outlook, manually initiated a refresh and mail came through. Verified that it is set to collect every 15 mins, so not sure why it didn't collect any mail overnight.

No notifications on lock-screen for any apps, though I did get a single number appear just once, but even then it didn't have the usual icon next to it, so I'm not sure what the notification was actually for. Can provide screenshot of this if anyone is interested.

Some live tiles don't seem to be working, missed calls, texts and Outlook tiles ok, but others such as Windows Central, Amazing Weather (see text below) not working.

These issues, especially about mails not syncing could be because these apps can't run in the background. Can you check your app permissions. Check for others and enable one at a time and see if it makes a difference

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786