Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

511pf

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine is Lumia 830, mine always has glance on. I believe if you have an backup on the cloud, you may just do restoration when setting up,i got glance and glance background worked, of course , since the msn weather for win10m is different one to the wp8.1, it dosn't support glance and the lock screen, yet.

Yeah, I think the W10M weather app killed glance weather. Not sure how I would get the old weather app back. The better solution would be for Microsoft to fix the issue, which I assume they're working on.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
MSN Weather isn't even in the Lockscreen list (I guess that's why you can't set it for Glance). They should first fix Weather for the lockscreen (-->feedback app!)

teaMJPx

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the issue of the APPS not updating which forced me to go back to 8.1 and then update to 10586. I like the new build. I do have to say there are still issues with:

1.) Bluetooth connectivity not being always there as sometimes I hear the sound broken up and can even see it when a video is playing. Kill BT and then everything works as it should.
2.) Netflix dies from time to time, not often but it has happened once or twice.
3.) Messaging still has glitches, it wont say "Resuming..." anymore but it might as well as I see the blank screen (black) when launching it from the notifications menu.
4.) I can see a faint glow on the screen when I use the power button to turn off (this was a bug too when 8.1 was released, maybe from glance?), I can notice it at night, when its dark as you see the small flash happen each time.
5.) Still the TMOBILE SIM issue, I have to add it to the access point even though it creates the exact same access point but it is unable to use it for some reason. You add a new access point with the exact same info and it works.

Other than those, which have been an issue for some time, this build is almost ready for what used to be RTM, maybe it is RTM but I think it could be polished just a little more before calling it a true RTM build.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Had a battery problem on my L520. The battery icon would keep blinking, even after it was removed from the charger.
Yesterday morning the phone battery had run down, even though it was on the charger all night.
I did a backup, hard reset, then restored backup. I let it charger all night, it seems better today.
Only used about 20% battery in 16 hours.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone quiet Cortana ? So, if you leave Cortana to ALWAYS read texts out loud, SO when you get a text from someone, she wakes and says "Text message from <who ever> would you like to read it or ignore it"

On 8.1 if you hit the power button it quieted her down...On Windows 10, it does not work... So bad that I have to disable her reading texts (I like it leave it on because when I am driving I get a text I don't have to TOUCH my phone)

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
1. Stop shouting
2. Not every device has a microsd card slot
3. What about dual sim devices?

You may want to readjust your reaction as your solution is not universal.

I wasn't "shouting", it was a way to make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN people see it, as the same silly mistakes are being parroted high and low; it seems the caps WORKED :)

ntatic

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
After hard reset Outlook calendar live tile is not working. Only icon and title is shown, not current date. Anybody know how to fix it?

RkNguyen

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, "Transfer my Data" is not working on my L1320, build 10586. When i tap it, it shows a picture (phone + arrow in) then jump to start screen. Nothing happens then.
Do you know how to fix that ?
I cannot stress this enough, and it absolutely baffles me as to why people don't do this:

USE "TRANSFER MY DATA" TO BACKUP YOUR SMS AND MMS TO MICRO SD CARD - PROBLEM SOLVED.

beyondinfinity

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded a L1520 to latest Windows 10 build, everything works ok except Here Maps, Here Drive and Windows Maps. They are all installed long before the update, but they no longer launch. When tap on icon, it appears to launch but then just crashes and brings you back to start screen. They were moved to my SD card prior to update to make space for update.

Anyone know how to get maps to work again?

In case anyone else wondering, a hard reset fixed the issue for me. Unfortunately it looks like Here Maps is not going to work anymore. On launch it pops up a message saying to use the new Windows Maps app.
However Here Drive still works.

vipul W

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,

As my 10586.11 update on Lumia 730 failed I tried to hard reset and now my phone is not detected by computer and hence I cant move back to W8 either (Recovery tool wont detect my phone). I am kind of stucked ...

Any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb