Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
You echo my sentiments to the letter.

It got to a point with W10 *previous builds* that I had to resist the urge to snap the phone in two in a fit of rage because the damn thing would just reboot or lag or hang whenever I tried to do anything with it...
Case in point:
- Tried to show a photo to someone : nope. Start screen animation froze while opening the Photo app, and boom, reboot.
- Tried to take pictures here and there : nope, by the time the Camera app is ready, it was way too late. Or it just didn't take the shot. Or reboot!
- Tried to answer the phone : nope. Freeze. Reboot.
- Glance : hahaha! Nope.
- Oh you wanted to open this App? Cute, but Nope.
- Bluetooth in the car? Nope.
- Ask Cortana to play some music? Pfff. Nope.

The situation would always deteriorate with time : the longer I stayed on a build, the worst it would get.
Sure it was generally not bad just after a fresh install and hard reset, but three to four weeks down the road it just became a Nope phone.

W10 is nice to look at, the settings are better organized, and all that, but I'll take a fully functional 8.1 phone over a pretty face, tyvm...
Looking forward to the day W10 will be polished enough for me to want to try it again.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
It got to a point with W10 *previous builds* that I had to resist the urge to snap the phone in two in a fit of rage because the damn thing would just reboot or lag or hang whenever I tried to do anything with it...
Case in point:
- Tried to show a photo to someone : nope. Start screen animation froze while opening the Photo app, and boom, reboot.
- Tried to take pictures here and there : nope, by the time the Camera app is ready, it was way too late. Or it just didn't take the shot. Or reboot!
- Tried to answer the phone : nope. Freeze. Reboot.
- Glance : hahaha! Nope.
- Oh you wanted to open this App? Cute, but Nope.
- Bluetooth in the car? Nope.
- Ask Cortana to play some music? Pfff. Nope.

The situation would always deteriorate with time : the longer I stayed on a build, the worst it would get.
Sure it was generally not bad just after a fresh install and hard reset, but three to four weeks down the road it just became a Nope phone.

W10 is nice to look at, the settings are better organized, and all that, but I'll take a fully functional 8.1 phone over a pretty face, tyvm...
Looking forward to the day W10 will be polished enough for me to want to try it again.

Yep, that's about it.

"Looking forward to the day W10 will be polished enough for me to want to try it again"

You must have a lot of patience; that will probably be Christmas 2017 :grincry:

Pity those who are lumbered with the VERY expensive 950 / 950 XL, with NO chance of an 8.1 downgrade; oops!

Last edited:

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Seems like when memory is low, that is when apps do not open. Any solutions here? I try to move apps on my SD card but I always get that infamous error message...0x80073d0b.

I am on the 640XL with a 64gig microSD. Would be nice to move all apps onto it that is not part of the OS (ex: calendar, calculator, motion data).

Besides this, the OS is the best preview build to date. I think this memory issue I am facing is what many of us are and could be probably the biggest issue we have which is leading to all our complaints (random reboots, apps shutting down when trying to open, etc).

Any suggestions besides a factory reset? ;-]

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Here is another significant issue I find with my Icon. With 8.1 pictures were awesome, and instantaneous. WithWin 10, there is a significant delay before it actually takes the photo. It is no longer my point and shoot device. I see a great picture, press the button, and the subject moves before it actually responds. Example: A really cute, full face pose, push the button, the kid has time to turn completely sideways, and then the shot clicks with a blurred photo. That NEVER happened with Lumia Camera and 8.1. The photos with that software were so good people compared them to DLR cameras, and the Lumia's won. Now, maybe 10% of the photos are even saveable. Also, sometimes the camera button simply does not take the picture. I go back later to view the photos, and half never were taken or saved !

THIS!
Camera and speed of capturing have been disappointing in W10m 10586.11.

glossywhite

Banned
Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Would someone with a 640 XL please confirm as & when the stuck updates in Store go through to completed status, as I **may** retry this preview build in a few days, but not until that's fixed. Thanks folks :)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Would someone with a 640 XL please confirm as & when the stuck updates in Store go through to completed status, as I **may** retry this preview build in a few days, but not until that's fixed. Thanks folks :)

Sorry Glossywhite, on my 640XL some stuck apps did go through but others still remain.

Network Services
Touch
Motion Data
Lumia Storyteller

Still all fail.

Apparently, they are not compatible with the device so not sure why they are trying to update then? Hopefully it will get fixed on a device by device basis as everyone has said.

Sparkz7

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Just my input: No random reboots or fatal freezes or heating issues in my 535. Battery seems to be better than in 8.1 but charging is slower. Did not soft reset for 2 days and it is smooth. I installed from 8.1 perhaps that is the case. Everything i need works smooth.

fgaudet

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
"Looking forward to the day W10 will be polished enough for me to want to try it again"

You must have a lot of patience; that will probably be Christmas 2017 :grincry:

Well, if I read that's it's stable, and most of the stuff works, I may give it a try. Mmm. Yeah, may end up 2017. If the phone survives that long!

Pity those who are lumbered with the VERY expensive 950 / 950 XL, with NO chance of an 8.1 downgrade; oops!

Ouch. Yes. The 950 looks very interesting, but not with the current buggy W10. Nope. Been there. Nope nope nope.

Feels very much like make or break time for MS : if they can't get W10M in tip top shape for the 950, people will burn it to the stake...

ChristodoulosK

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I own a Lumia 930. I love that I can capture slow motion video now but my problem is that when I try to edit one the editor doesn't seem to open.
I am on 10586.11. Did already had reset twice. Anyone with the same problem? Any workaround? Hope they fix it with a camera update..

Found the solution just had to uninstall Lumia moments

Last edited:

Ivan Vergot

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded, have a few questions....
Is there a way to unsync skype from messaging app? I find it annoying and i would much rather have it separately.
And my lock screen notifications don't seem to be working. They just dont show. (Action center and live tiles work ok). Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Just upgraded, have a few questions....
Is there a way to unsync skype from messaging app? I find it annoying and i would much rather have it separately.
And my lock screen notifications don't seem to be working. They just dont show. (Action center and live tiles work ok). Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Yes, enter Video skype and in settings tap Exit / Log out and confirm
It's the only way. Forgetting to log out from skype leaves it forever online and linked in messages

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb