Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

tripranav

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I upgraded my Lumia 640 XL to WP 10586 and after that the text size for whatsapp was tiny, which I really liked. But after some days I hard reset my phone and then installed whatsapp again and saw that the text for whatsapp is huge now.

The text size in the display settings is at recommended level. (Tried changing it but this does not effect the text size of whatsapp.)
Then tried changing the text size setting in whatsapp but that is at 100% (which is the lowest) and increasing it further makes the text size of whatsapp huge.

I tried un-installing the app and re-installing it after the hard reset but it is still showing huge text :(

Any solution for it?

Maurizio Borgo

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
after audio update with lumia 735 under extra function the option for disable the ringtone with rotate to down the phone doesn't work.
before update audio it works correctly.

Last edited:

Ackhmed

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Anyone here on 640 XL Build 10586.11 experience very long time for app to install to SD card? I'm using SanDisk 32GB over WiFi connection, but still it took very long time for the install to complete with no movement at progress bar after it finished download (half-way stuck). I tried installing smaller apps, they are installed, but also took some time, longer if the app is bigger.

Any solution or workaround on this? Thanks.

640xxxl

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Not receiving any notification or sound for new sms. If I didn't open Messaging I wouldn't know I have new SMS. Seriously...

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
check the app is background enabled, then soft reset

This situation of having to background enable features that are basically critical things that the phone MUST do is not on! I can understand that control over apps that are able to run in the background is necessary, but things like "Outlook Mail" and SMS should always be background enabled. And in the last build, I think they were, but not in the current build, at least not for me on the current build.

Still don't get notifications for SMS and Outlook Mail on the lockscreen, though I do for Whatsapp and Windows Central... Live tiles for Mail and SMS work correctly though.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I discovered that my calendar is not syncing and my microsoft account has lost my phone.
Also, I'm not sure if it's related to this build, but Cortana no longer see's appointments etc from txt messages. I'm not sure if this has been missing for some time or I just forgot about it...

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
ok...I know I keep saying I'm going back to 8.1 but I'm on vacation so taking some time to mess with my 1020 a bit more to try and figure out why the battery dies so fast.

I think I found something really unusual looking at the data usage just now. I have a 3GB data plan and when I was running 8.1 and traveling 1 to 1.5 weeks of the month where I use data a majority of the time I'd be lucky to hit 300MB of my plan. I did a hard reset of my 1020 a couple days ago and my data usage is currently at 487mb, looking at what is using that dat it is not my apps that show very little use. Listed at the very bottom of the app usage list is "System" using 99% of that 487mb chunk, what is Windows 10 mobile doing when I'm on cell? No wonder my battery starts to drain when I'm disconnected from Wi-Fi and at that rate I'm going to use that 3GBs long before my month is up.

Anyone else seeing high data usage for "System" when on cell network?

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
ok...I know I keep saying I'm going back to 8.1 but I'm on vacation so taking some time to mess with my 1020 a bit more to try and figure out why the battery dies so fast.

I think I found something really unusual looking at the data usage just now. I have a 3GB data plan and when I was running 8.1 and traveling 1 to 1.5 weeks of the month where I use data a majority of the time I'd be lucky to hit 300MB of my plan. I did a hard reset of my 1020 a couple days ago and my data usage is currently at 487mb, looking at what is using that dat it is not my apps that show very little use. Listed at the very bottom of the app usage list is "System" using 99% of that 487mb chunk, what is Windows 10 mobile doing when I'm on cell? No wonder my battery starts to drain when I'm disconnected from Wi-Fi and at that rate I'm going to use that 3GBs long before my month is up.

You are on to something for real, because i noticed fast battery drain and my phone lasts 8-9 hours of normal usage on this build. I own lumia 925 and i just checked usage details, but i'm always on wifi and my ''System" used 2.45 GB.......o_O

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I am almost always on WiFi here. However, 'System' has used 1.5GB as has Edge. My guess is that the data usage is related to telemetry broadcasts due to the OS still being in "testing" mode.

That is a good catch, though!

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Lets hope that this battery problems are due to testing, or because OS isnt fully developed yet and they need info about our devices....Or, if battery drain isnt related to this, it might be a big problem

Edit:

Since my last post the "SYSTEM" data usage went up from 2.45 GB to 3.03 GB, the phone was locked and I left it to charge didnt touch it at all....Definitely there is something to do with battery drain and Microsoft work. I wonder how much will that system data usage go up tomorrow when i wake up, i will leave my wifi ON and i'll report the results. Or this could just be summed up downloaded data...Who knows...

Last edited:

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Since my last post the "SYSTEM" data usage went up from 2.45 GB to 3.03 GB, the phone was locked and I left it to charge didnt touch it at all....Definitely there is something to do with battery drain and Microsoft work. I wonder how much will that system data usage go up tomorrow when i wake up, i will leave my wifi ON and i'll report the results. Or this could just be summed up downloaded data...Who knows...

Messed around a little more and got some interesting results.

I charged my phone to full then disabled WiFi and also set the "restricted data usage" to "Always" and over the last three hours 100mb was taken from my data pool. In those three hours my battery dropped from 100% to 74%, I turned on WiFi and immediately got the little arrow on the WiFi icon showing activity. This arrow stayed on for almost 15 mins straight, the phone started to get warm, my Battery app started notifying of quick battery discharge and phone dropped from 74% to 65%. However, I didn't see any additional data usage on cell or WiFi so not sure what it was doing during that timeframe but it made the phone a bit sluggish.

A friend of mine upgraded his 930 and says he gets excellent battery so I don't get what's going on.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am almost always on WiFi here. However, 'System' has used 1.5GB as has Edge. My guess is that the data usage is related to telemetry broadcasts due to the OS still being in "testing" mode.

That is a good catch, though!

That's an interesting theory. I wonder then, if we changed the amount of diagnostic and usage data we send to Microsoft (via Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics), maybe that will cut down on the system usage and result in less battery drain. It's worth a try.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I got the chance to squeeze on a Lumia 950 XL today for a little bit in a store. They had it up for display but no info at all regarding model, name, specs or anything it was just there nameless next to all the other Windows Phones.

It was loaded with 10586 software. You know, regardless of how nice of a phone the 950 XL is, it did not convince me or make me want to trade my Lumia 1520 for it. While you can tell it has a faster processor than my 1520 as it loads apps faster, the OS itself was no smoother on the 950 XL than on my 1520. There was the same kind of stuttering that can be seen on my 1520. So it's clear the software is not very well optimized for the time being and it will probably become as smooth on a 1520 as on a 950 once it's better optimized. The camera however is a very big step forward. It takes great images.

Very nice phone for sure. But I will continue using my 1520 that I'm sure of.

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
That's an interesting theory. I wonder then, if we changed the amount of diagnostic and usage data we send to Microsoft (via Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics), maybe that will cut down on the system usage and result in less battery drain. It's worth a try.

I guess that makes a good point, i'll try that

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

I tried that last night and changed it to basic and it didn't help. As a matter of fact, I went through all the settings on the phone and disabled everything that would cause data transmission that I could find. I disabled all background tasks for all apps, Cortana, Location Services, set diagnostic to basic, disabled sync settings and monitored for the next hour on cell network only and lost another 100mb.

This morning I logged into my cell provider site to look at the details of data usage and found that data usage was normal on Nov 20th, the day I upgraded initially, right through until I did a hard reset on the 24th. After the hard reset data usage was normal for 2 days until Nov 26th in the middle of the night while sleeping, 1:19am used 88mb, 4:03am used 140mb and at 7:05am used 100mb. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)