Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Does anybody know something about support for selfie sticks on this build? I'm planning to buy it soon but i cant find some info about this. The stick i considering to buy has connection via headphone jack and idk will this work on 10586 on lumia 925

anubhavsrivas

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday installed Windows 10 build 10586 and Everything was running fine just a small bug in live tile of Cortana. I have directly updated from windows 8.1. So looking at it I reset the device. After the reset it has started creating problems.
Cortana stopped working. It doesn't search anymore. It also not listening.

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Another 1020 update.

Decided to once again do a hard reset, after it was complete I didn't setup Cortana and initially didn't have location services running, disabled some apps from running in the background. This time around everything is running with what I would consider about par with 8.1 on the battery utilization, also the issue of "System" using a lot of data no longer occurring. However, I am once again not getting notified of SMS messages which the hard reset fixed before this last one fixed. So at this point I don't know what the issue was and I suspect I may have to do yet another hard reset to fix my SMS issue, I'm hesitant though since at the moment my battery is working fine.

Tomorrow I might enable Cortana and see if things remain consistent.

wolfee48

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed only one of my calendars it's showing up, I'm missing my secondary calendar.

Anyone else only have their main calendar showing and not multiple calendars?

Edit:

I figured it out. I had to change sync settings, save, then change back to force calendar to appear.

Last edited:

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I had recently done a hard reset of my phone with build 10586. Prior to the reset, my in-call volume used to be always at 7 or 8 or even higher at times with no audio problem. But since the reset, even a volume level 5 hurts my ear drums. The call sound quality has decreased considerably. A fix would be another hard reset but then what's the guarantee that the call quality will restore? A hard reset is done to fix problems and not create them.

Also, since today morning many of the apps do not open. When an app is opened, the screen goes blank with only the wallpaper showing. I thought the problem was with an app. So, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and it started working. But now some more apps have started doing the same.

Too many bugs Microsoft! Please fix them.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I had recently done a hard reset of my phone with build 10586. Prior to the reset, my in-call volume used to be always at 7 or 8 or even higher at times with no audio problem. But since the reset, even a volume level 5 hurts my ear drums. The call sound quality has decreased considerably. A fix would be another hard reset but then what's the guarantee that the call quality will restore? A hard reset is done to fix problems and not create them.

Also, since today morning many of the apps do not open. When an app is opened, the screen goes blank with only the wallpaper showing. I thought the problem was with an app. So, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and it started working. But now some more apps have started doing the same.

Too many bugs Microsoft! Please fix them.

Soft reset first. Ensure you have not core apps updates pending in store. Check and tap Dowloads and updates

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure this is a bug or defect, but the fact that the call log no longer tells me how long a call lasted is a significant loss. And inexcusable.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
i am having issues with getting sound notifications from text or email.
have set both text and email to default and get not sound when new ones arrive
have tried setting text and email to different sounds (other than default), still no sound when new ones arrive.
in settings, under sounds and manage sound apps, i have both text and email set to show banner and sound. but am getting none of that now.
this seemed to start when MS pushed the outlook update that gave the linked emails, then the very next update took the linked email accounts ability away.
have not hard reset since that update but can not figure out what would be keeping both email and text from sending out the sound and keep the banner from showing up on screen.

I have uninstalled ALL but the core apps at this point and still does not give out any sounds when new items arrive.

Lumia 928. thinking of going back to WP8.1 due to this.

any ideas other than hard reset?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Soft reset first. Ensure you have not core apps updates pending in store. Check and tap Dowloads and updates

I have restarted the phone several times. There aren't any updates pending. Not core apps, third party apps are the ones which have become 'corrupt' (I call them as such). No problem with core apps. I cannot just keep reinstalling every single app. Wtf, Microsoft!

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
i am having issues with getting sound notifications from text or email.
have set both text and email to default and get not sound when new ones arrive
have tried setting text and email to different sounds (other than default), still no sound when new ones arrive.
in settings, under sounds and manage sound apps, i have both text and email set to show banner and sound. but am getting none of that now.
this seemed to start when MS pushed the outlook update that gave the linked emails, then the very next update took the linked email accounts ability away.
have not hard reset since that update but can not figure out what would be keeping both email and text from sending out the sound and keep the banner from showing up on screen.

I have uninstalled ALL but the core apps at this point and still does not give out any sounds when new items arrive.

Lumia 928. thinking of going back to WP8.1 due to this.

any ideas other than hard reset?

I have the same problem L830, i tried hard reset but it didn't help. So don't bother with the hard rest

David Bladen

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
586.11 seems pretty stable on my 930. Battery life is good much better than 8.1. The only bug I had was the flash led wouldn't work for camera or flashlight but it sorted itself out after a day or two. Groove music and maps seems much more stable on this build(I used to want to throw my phone out the window when groove stubbornly refused to play music offline dispite being downloaded.). Overall the OS seems pretty much finished. Now just waiting on the 950xl to make it to the UK......

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have restarted the phone several times. There aren't any updates pending. Not core apps, third party apps are the ones which have become 'corrupt' (I call them as such). No problem with core apps. I cannot just keep reinstalling every single app. Wtf, Microsoft!

After that, I confirm you the only way is a hard reset. Apps works perfectly on most of us. I've performed by myself two Hard Reset due to famous boot loop bug, and I got more smoothness on my daily drive little 520. It's not normal that apps closed everytime after opening. According to all threads, it's a random device iusse (lumia's are various quite as desktop pc's), and Hard Reset closed most of iussues. Feel free to follow my personal advice. Good luck.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
After that, I confirm you the only way is a hard reset. ....... It's not normal that apps closed everytime after opening.

I too think the same. But the apps don't close after opening. In fact, they don't even open! When you tap them, the background, though dimmed, is shown, and when you press and hold the back button, only "Start" is shown. Which means the app has not even opened!

Even though the devices are different, the software is almost the same except for a few texts which differ from device to device. So, I don't think it's my phone's problem. Anyways, hard reset seems to be the only resolution :cry:

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem L830, i tried hard reset but it didn't help. So don't bother with the hard rest

makes me worried now what the W10M release will be like if they cant even get the sounds to work consistently across devices that are supposed to support W10M.
I have been a big supporter of MS and there mobile efferts but this bug/issue is the one that has me looking at the 'dark side'.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I don't think it's my phone's problem
You may be right, the problem might not be your phone but it could be the way you have been using your phone or the apps you have installed. What phone are you currently experiencing these issues on? With what apps? Are these apps installed on the internal storage or microsd card?

I have also seen apps not opening immediately after I force close them, delaying for a couple of seconds helps. I am currently using an 830 as my daily driver, 640 and 925 as my backup devices, all running 10586.11. None of them experienced any issues yet as mentioned in your comment above. Your mileage definitely does vary so not sure what's the real culprit.

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread [MEssaging and Skype Video]

Hi all

I am aware of some problems being reported about the functionality of the Messaging + Skype and Skype Video apps in Windows 10 Mobile, but I am experiencing some strange behaviour and I can't tell if it is the same as that which has been reported here already.

I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 which I upgraded from Windows 8.1. Update 2 to Windows 10 Mobile preview build 10581 and then to 10586, all without doing a hard reset. After the update to 10581 and also in 10586 I had the "Messaging + Skype" app installed and it seemed to work well. I don't actually remember seeing the "Skype Video" app in my app list but it's possible that it was there and I just didn't see it. I was able to swap between SIM Text and Skype in the Messaging + Skype app for all my contacts that were on Skype.

However, I have recently done a hard reset and not restored from a backup as I was having a few other problems with the OS and some apps. Those problems seem to have been solved but I now have a problem with the Messaging + Skype app.

Firstly, the app is no longer called "Messaging + Skype" it is just called "Messaging" and for most of my contacts, that are on Skype I do not have the option to switch to "Skype" from "SIM Text". What I do notice is that this option is only enabled for contacts in my people hub who have "Microsoft Messaging" as an account.

Has anybody else observed this behaviour? Is there a known solution to this problem?

It looks to me as though it is a problem to do with the linking of my Microsoft Account and my Skype Account but I could be wrong on that of course.

Thanks and God bless

Andrew

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread [MEssaging and Skype Video]

Hi all

I am aware of some problems being reported about the functionality of the Messaging + Skype and Skype Video apps in Windows 10 Mobile, but I am experiencing some strange behaviour and I can't tell if it is the same as that which has been reported here already.

I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 which I upgraded from Windows 8.1. Update 2 to Windows 10 Mobile preview build 10581 and then to 10586, all without doing a hard reset. After the update to 10581 and also in 10586 I had the "Messaging + Skype" app installed and it seemed to work well. I don't actually remember seeing the "Skype Video" app in my app list but it's possible that it was there and I just didn't see it. I was able to swap between SIM Text and Skype in the Messaging + Skype app for all my contacts that were on Skype.

However, I have recently done a hard reset and not restored from a backup as I was having a few other problems with the OS and some apps. Those problems seem to have been solved but I now have a problem with the Messaging + Skype app.

Firstly, the app is no longer called "Messaging + Skype" it is just called "Messaging" and for most of my contacts, that are on Skype I do not have the option to switch to "Skype" from "SIM Text". What I do notice is that this option is only enabled for contacts in my people hub who have "Microsoft Messaging" as an account.

Has anybody else observed this behaviour? Is there a known solution to this problem?

It looks to me as though it is a problem to do with the linking of my Microsoft Account and my Skype Account but I could be wrong on that of course.

Thanks and God bless

Andrew

Yes I have encountered this both times I did a hard reset. There seems to be some bug with the linking of the contacts which messes things up. To fix it I had to go to outlook.com and unlink-relink the affected contacts, then reload the contacts on the phone (sometimes this would mess it up again tho). At some point it seems to force a reset of the master list which then fixed everything.

kumarss

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Another 1020 update.

Decided to once again do a hard reset, after it was complete I didn't setup Cortana and initially didn't have location services running, disabled some apps from running in the background. This time around everything is running with what I would consider about par with 8.1 on the battery utilization, also the issue of "System" using a lot of data no longer occurring. However, I am once again not getting notified of SMS messages which the hard reset fixed before this last one fixed. So at this point I don't know what the issue was and I suspect I may have to do yet another hard reset to fix my SMS issue, I'm hesitant though since at the moment my battery is working fine.

Tomorrow I might enable Cortana and see if things remain consistent.

Hows the battery backup after hard reset? Could you install lumia camera app and lumia panorama app after hard reset??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion