Windows 10 Mobile Insider Build 10586 Thread

KK SARMA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Anybody Installed 10586 on Lumia 520?

Mine got stuck at ..

Migrating your data step 18 of 22 63%

for over an hour.. please help what should I do?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
...... it could be the way you have been using your phone or the apps you have installed.

I have been using my phone for a long time now (with W10M, of course). I keep my phone as clean as possible. I have less than 40 non-core apps installed. This problem is new to me.

What phone are you currently experiencing these issues on? With what apps? Are these apps installed on the internal storage or microsd card?

Lumia 830. Non-core apps, but not all. Any random app you can think of has this issue. All of my apps are installed on the phone memory.

I have also seen apps not opening immediately after I force close them, delaying for a couple of seconds helps.

I don't try to open the apps immediately after closing them. In fact, as I said before, the apps don't open at all. I am attaching the screenshots of what happens when opening such apps from the Start, from the All Apps list and when holding the back button.

1.png 2.png 3.png

Your mileage definitely does vary so not sure what's the real culprit.

I think some apps' files may have been corrupted as those apps start working after I reinstall them.

Update:- All of the apps have surprisingly started working, I don't know how. Anyways, great they're working now.

Last edited:

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Its rare but sometime actions center stops responding, swiping down from top do nothing. Only restart solve it.

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm having continued problems with driving mode. After the upgrade from 8.1 to 10 M, driving mode stopped working properly. I did a hard reset on 10586 and it started to ignore text messages as in 8.1. However, it has now stopped doing that again and reading out my texts over Bluetooth like before I did the hard reset.

Is this a known bug? Does anybody know a work around?

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm reverting back to 8.1. My l925 is my only phone and battery life is killing me on last build. I need to use my phone, not acting like having antique and not touching it at all...

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Had to go back to 8.1.lost cell signal today and a some apps crashing have made me nervous.Have been using w10 as daily driver last few months on 640 so sorry to have to revert back now.Still happy to wait for firmware or whatever it takes to make this thing stable

Julius Velasco

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
586.11 seems pretty stable on my 930. Battery life is good much better than 8.1. The only bug I had was the flash led wouldn't work for camera or flashlight but it sorted itself out after a day or two. Groove music and maps seems much more stable on this build(I used to want to throw my phone out the window when groove stubbornly refused to play music offline dispite being downloaded.). Overall the OS seems pretty much finished. Now just waiting on the 950xl to make it to the UK......

Hi, I also have Lumia 930. when recording video using the Windows Camera app the sound is very very very low. how about you???

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Another bug that has cropped up a couple of times now, trying to scroll up or down through the app list... Occasionally the swipes get messed up, so that to go up or down through the list, I have to swipe left or right (instead of up/down), it's very annoying when it happens, but a reboot solves it. I don't think I've seen anyone else report this issue yet, but I my be wrong.

Still enjoying W10M though, despite it's quirks. Though I wish I could get Outlook Mail notifications on the lock-screen working. Got all my other notifications working now, but no joy with this one.

andrew-in-woking

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Another bug that has cropped up a couple of times now, trying to scroll up or down through the app list... Occasionally the swipes get messed up, so that to go up or down through the list, I have to swipe left or right (instead of up/down), it's very annoying when it happens, but a reboot solves it. I don't think I've seen anyone else report this issue yet, but I my be wrong.

Still enjoying W10M though, despite it's quirks. Though I wish I could get Outlook Mail notifications on the lock-screen working. Got all my other notifications working now, but no joy with this one.

Hi speccy
Have you enabled notifications in the Outlook Mail settings? It is found under Settings and then Options and under Notifications you will see a toggle for "Show in action centre" and two tick boxes.

My problem is that tapping on a notification sometimes takes me to the email and sometimes takes me to my inbox, which I do think is a bug. I have noticed that in this build, some apps' (e.g. Windows Central) notifications do not go to individual articles like in previous builds. I therefore think that there is a bug with "deep linking" into apps in this build.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi speccy
Have you enabled notifications in the Outlook Mail settings? It is found under Settings and then Options and under Notifications you will see a toggle for "Show in action centre" and two tick boxes.

My problem is that tapping on a notification sometimes takes me to the email and sometimes takes me to my inbox, which I do think is a bug. I have noticed that in this build, some apps' (e.g. Windows Central) notifications do not go to individual articles like in previous builds. I therefore think that there is a bug with "deep linking" into apps in this build.

I did have a play with these settings before, but had no joy. I went to have another look just now and the mail app has updated itself and now everything is a little different, so I'll have a play with the now updated version of "Outlook Mail" and report back later. Interestingly, it has a SWITCH for "Show in action centre", but tick boxes for both "Show notification banner" and "Play a sound". I'm not quite sure why one of these is a switch and the other two are tick-boxes, they basically do the same thing, so why the distinction? Also, shouldn't there also be an extra "tick-box" here that says "Show on Lock-screen"... That would make so much more sense, but I can see why they've done it I guess, as the lock-screen is managed elsewhere.

I think I may have figured out why I wasn't getting notifications, I have my Microsoft account which I do NOT use for email, and I have have a separate Outlook.com email account. These are both in the list for lock-screen notifications, one as "Outlook Mail" and the other as just "Outlook". I think swapping one out for the other may well solve this.

Thanks for the suggestions, they at least kick-started me into looking into it again :)

Pleased to report that I now have email notifications on the lock-screen. I have a Microsoft account and and also a separate Outlook.com email account. In the lock-screen setting where you select which apps you want notifications from, I had the wrong one selected... Easily done as they are listed as Outlook Mail and Outlook in the list! Anyway all sorted. Just need some tweaks to Outlook Mail which can be a bit flaky at times, and another bug where very occasionally, the touch-screen goes haywire and swiping left and right, moves the screen and up/down, reboot resolved it, but weird and annoying... Using Win10M as my daily driver on Lumia 930, and despite the quirks, I have no show stopping issues, battery is good, apps all working, no errors. looking forward to the next build now :)

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Updated lumia 730 to 10586 w10 after a hard reset battery draining so fast. Any solution. please reply?

use search function in forum. We told about it. System is updating all core apps and sync your account OneDrive, and that drains battery, data and overheating. Two or three days and it'll stabylize.
That's like a new notebook out of the box

hurkanasmaci

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
use search function in forum. We told about it. System is updating all core apps and sync your account OneDrive, and that drains battery, data and overheating. Two or three days and it'll stabylize.
That's like a new notebook out of the box

Well, I have been using wm10i on my Lumia 1520 for over a month now. I have two major problems, one being the battery although the reason might be the battery' itself. It drains like hell, %30 in 1 hour minimum. Also the percentage drops even though it's charging and then my phone turns off because there is no battery left. Like I said, it might be because the battery is gone, it's probably a bad coincidence but it is happening. The other problem is that I can't seem the make VPN work. I tried soft reset, hard reset, different VPN protocols, different VPN providers, connecting on different places and so on. Nada, it's not working, I couldn't find anything on the internet either. Any suggestions?

Domestoboto92x

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Finally installed on the Lumia 1320 here. Installation was a nightmare, had to remove both SIM and MicroSD cards, then restarted to install fully, took about 2 hours. It does warm up considerably being used while charging, but so far no app crashes detected. Mobile internet works fine, calls and text as well. But I keep getting dime a dozen error codes, checking if it's just our internet line acting up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99