W10M 10586 delayed

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft is rolling out the Fall Update for Windows 10. This is a major update. Also, Xbox One is also getting upgraded to Windows 10.

The pressure this puts on the servers means that Microsoft will be busy trying to keep that upgrade going smooth and will not be rolling out the mobile build for a few more days. Expect it next week, folks.

You may now lynch me for reporting.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: W10M 10586 delayed to keep servers from overloading

I am ok with it being delayed, but to characterize the delay as being delayed due to overloading servers is a bit much I think. I mean, we're just not that many in number. I think it's just that it takes resources to put the update out and they want to focus on PC's and XBOX for a few days.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure where the "overloading the servers" story came from. From what Gabe says on Twitter, the same teams are used for the windows update service. Kind of makes sense for them to make sure that desktop and xbox updates are progressing well before adding mobile as well. I get the impression that this is a logistic decision rather than network bandwidth.

Might be wrong, but that's how I read the tweets.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Everybody is assuming that Windows 10 Mobile is going to be 10586 also. It may be 10587, 10589, 10591...

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I am ok with it being delayed, but to characterize the delay as being delayed due to overloading servers is a bit much I think. I mean, we're just not that many in number. I think it's just that it takes resources to put the update out and they want to focus on PC's and XBOX for a few days.

yeah, may not be overloading. I made an assumption, and I can be wrong. They did state they were doing a rolling update for this, and that it would take several days. I made the connection because I know how servers work. If there wasn't a heavy load, they wouldn't have a need to roll it out over several days. They just want to make sure it doesn't overload, else they'd flip a switch to open it up everywhere at once. Not how it is done, though.

Sorry if I caused annoyance or confusion with my assumptions. Just another reason for the pitchforks. ;)

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Everybody is assuming that Windows 10 Mobile is going to be 10586 also. It may be 10587, 10589, 10591...

If we're having a vote, I vote for 10613. It's my favorite number after 9.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
If we're having a vote, I vote for 10613. It's my favorite number after 9.

I'm curious the significance, although perhaps I should know it. :)

Funny guys. All of ya.

Why can't most threads around here be as light hearted?

See, this was Microsoft's plan. Get rid of all the haters, now they're going to pull something awesome out to reward those of us who stuck it out!!!

(I woke up from a dream this AM where they surprised us with a Surface phone and the 950s were a distraction. :confused: )

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
As many of you, I can't wait for the next build, but on the other hand I need a good product. It's better to wait 2, 5, or 25 days if it will make us satisfied users at the end.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
No build today, my love has gone away
The mobile stands forlorn, a symbol of the dawn
How could they know just what this message means
The end of my hopes, the end of all my dreams
No build today, it wasn't always so
The company was gay, we'd turn night into day

(Hermans Hermits)

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
No build today, my love has gone away
The mobile stands forlorn, a symbol of the dawn
How could they know just what this message means
The end of my hopes, the end of all my dreams
No build today, it wasn't always so
The company was gay, we'd turn night into day

(Hermans Hermits)

:cry: (We need an emoji of a lighter.)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Pitchforks and torches now 1/2 off... Get 'em while they're hot and pointy.

I'll wait till they are 75% off, selection might not be that great but, I should be able to be prepped for the wait on Verizon sending the final/RTN W10m to the Nokia ICON :)

I hope soon, over all the current build is good(minor issues), ACCEPT for Cortana, I cant call Hey Cortana and send a text, she just closes out. And no way to mute Cortana when she goes off (8.1 the power button would quiet her)

It's bad enough that I have been thinking about rolling back to 8.1 (I need to send a text to my wife when I am driving and I wont touch my phone)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss