What should be done till W10M Release

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, Recently I think about one thing: The release date of windows 10 mobile is pretty soon, but there is still a lot of things to be fixed. I decided to conduct an enumerated vast list with all things that still not working properly at W10M. Despite the Gabe's notes in twitter about existing (known) bugs at W10M there are still a lot of things that didn't mentioned. I suggest to make a numerate list of that bugs, mentioning build number. Let me begin.

1. Screen Mirroring Background support
It doesn't work under lock screen. For example, if you listening the music via screen mirroring on your TV and your phone switches to lock screen mode - screen mirroring stream interrupts. Build 10581

2. Unstable work with mouse and keyboard. W10M allows user to connect Bluetooth-capable mouse and keyboard. If you try to work with that you will notice that sometimes mouse pointer are not calibrated. For example, If you try to connect to Remote Desktop via default MS app on phone it is clear that pointer just shifted and it necessary to programmatically calibrate it's position. There are still a lot of other apps which not optimized to handle mouse input on phone. Build 10581

3. Universal Music Controller animation. Under UMC I mean the buttons which pop-ups after you push on of the volume buttons while some song playing in background. If you tap on next/previous button in UMC you will see that animation of "switching the title to next song" is like it stacked to something and works really bad. Still on build 10581

There are still a lot of minor but sense things which I will try to add to this topic later.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You'll get better attention from Microsoft if you simply up-voted the relevant items in the feedback app.

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This is not for microsoft, I suppose, that all suggested options already in their feedback-app list. This is just for people who would like to look at complete dictionary of bugs&gaps.

Dear forumers, would you be so kind to add a number to bug/gap you've found.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
There is an Cisco AnyConnect app in market for W10M which allows to connect on vpn via default ms setting option choosing Cisco protocol.

I want to connect to an openvpn encryption server, the company is PIA. I don't believe one can do that using that app. Unless something has changed in the app recently...

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I want to connect to an openvpn encryption server, the company is PIA. I don't believe one can do that using that app. Unless something has changed in the app recently...
as well as I concerned, openconnect was made as replacement for anyconnect. I successfully tried to connect to Cisco servers via openconnect, maybe it works vice versa. Are openvpn and openconnect the same thing?

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
as well as I concerned, openconnect was made as replacement for anyconnect. I successfully tried to connect to Cisco servers via openconnect, maybe it works vice versa. Are openvpn and openconnect the same thing?

No they are not. The cisco app is specifically for cisco configured servers but openvpn is an opensourced encryption protocol, like l2tp etc - used by just about all Commercial vpn providers, like private internet access etc. As of now it looks like wm doesn't support it. Which sticks considering even ios has access.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I just hope they can upgrade the store server and app. They are really and slow and painful to use now. Only two downloads can be running at same time (and the speed download just socks) and rest of the apps have very short timeout period which require user to keep activate them. There's no auto-update running at background is also ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99