Why doesn't rich capture work on my Windows camera?

nick_dulvar90

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
i have a lumia 1520 with the latest windows 10. when i am taking photos and i want to see the photo the phone takes too much time to show the photo and when i take with rich capture on it takes even more time and when i finelly can see the photo when i push to chose the best photo nothing happens.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: why rich capture doesn`t work in windows camera?

I had the same issue on my Lumia 640, believe it or not. (Yeah, I know the 640 doesn't compare with the 1520, but follow this anyway.)

There is a conflict between the Photos plug-in app, and Lumia Camera, and there were some other legacy Lumia photo apps that were also involved. When I uninstalled all of those, the issues went away and I was able to start choosing the best lighting, and things sped up a bit as well.

Hope the same works for you. Can't remember all the app names, as they are now "gone" from my phone. You'll probably know if you have them, though.

nick_dulvar90

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

thank you. i uninstalled all the lumia photo apps and now it`s ok. it`s still slow, but at least rich capture works

BlueSky7043

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site

I have uninstalled all the apps that start with "Lumia" and still couldn't edit the rich capture. What should I do next?

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It still doesn't work on my Lumia 830 either, even with the latest app updates. It says "adding the finishing touches" for 3 minutes before giving up and saving the 720p preview image.

wandraaa

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
It still doesn't work on my Lumia 830 either, even with the latest app updates. It says "adding the finishing touches" for 3 minutes before giving up and saving the 720p preview image.

After uninstall other Lumia Legacy App (save for cinemagraph and creative studio) try capturing photo with rich capture on. After the process ends, press adjust lightning icon, you will be directed to install photo plugin, just install it, it should work normally now.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
After uninstall other Lumia Legacy App (save for cinemagraph and creative studio) try capturing photo with rich capture on. After the process ends, press adjust lightning icon, you will be directed to install photo plugin, just install it, it should work normally now.

Tried this, but it still results in the same problem. However, I have found one situation where Rich capture works - flash intensity. If I take a photo with the flash it completes the processing after 10 secs and allows me to "choose the best lighting". When I switch the flash off and take a photo of a contrasty scene (HDR), the processing fails again, resulting in a 720p image...

Sagnik Dey

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Tried this, but it still results in the same problem. However, I have found one situation where Rich capture works - flash intensity. If I take a photo with the flash it completes the processing after 10 secs and allows me to "choose the best lighting". When I switch the flash off and take a photo of a contrasty scene (HDR), the processing fails again, resulting in a 720p image...

I have the exact same problem with my Lumia 640 xl since I upgraded it to windows 10 and started with Microsoft camera. I wrote to Microsoft Community but no help... What is the solution?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my Lumia 640 xl since I upgraded it to windows 10 and started with Microsoft camera. I wrote to Microsoft Community but no help... What is the solution?

Do you updated Microsoft camera app or is still pending in Store? it's updated quite twice a month

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans