Windows Camera vs Lumia Camera (Or the Nokia Default Camera)

Gaz B

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyone else who feels that the new Windows camera is super crappy.
Low light photos are plain pathetic. Even the photos taken in artificial lights arent that great. Photos go blur if you move your hand even a tiny bit.
Colors are poor.
Honestly I miss the Wp 8.1 camera and the Lumia Camera.
Phone: L920
Version: 10549.

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Honestly night photos are crap but compared to currently lumia 925 wp 8.1 the camera has improved. At least there are no more postprocessing that destroys photo quality and gives blurred and washout images. Im back to 8.1 and photos quality is pretty much SH*T. They ruined down camera algorytm after portico update in 8.1.....Stupid marketing, destroy old ones in order to buy new phones....

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I would have to differ in opinion - the new Windows Camera takes sharper photos than Lumia Camera, and it even launches faster than LC. Then again, I'm using an L1020 with OIS.

I've noticed a difference in how the new algorithm prioritizes low ISO values over high shutter speeds. Meaning, when the available light decreases, Windows Camera tends to extend the shutter speed first as much as it can without becoming too long so as not to compromise image quality by not increasing the ISO value. For phones that have OIS, this is great since the image would have been still stabilized. Unfortunately, for non-OIS phones (or phones that have earlier-generation OIS systems), the resulting image using this algorithm may not be as great, especially if the user doesn't have stable hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes