Many Bugs in Lumia 930 after W10M 10581, how can I fix them?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Many Bugs in Lumia 930 after W10M 10581

Hi,
I am on WI fast ring. Updated my Lumia 930 to Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581 from 10572. It was getting heated so did a hard reset (clean slate). Now a few problems include-
1. Cortana not working (India English default), shows cards, but pressing mic doesn't do anything
2. Speech not working, pressing microphone icon will give "Try Again" in Edge and Text messages.
3. Double tap to wake is not available as pressing Touch in Extras doesn't do anything.
4. Thankfully Loudspeaker microphone on Skype is up and running but it's not on Whatsapp and Video recording on Microsoft Camera app and normal phone calls on loud speaker!
5. Lumia Camera won't load.

Frustrated, I went to a Microsoft store nearby, the guy said that OS has corrupted and you need to downgrade. I downloaded Windows Device Recovery Tool, and connected L930 to PC via usb and guess what, it's not getting detected. The phone gives a message "Device is charging slowly" even though I am using the same cable that came in the package. Did a soft reset, and the PC detects the phone till Nokia logo is there on the screen, then automatically ejects it when Windows logo flashes. I even disabled "USB selective ejecting" on my PC. But it didn't work

I have no clue what can be done next. I went to the store again, the guy advised to wait for the next build. :p.
If anyone has any clues please help.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Many Bugs in Lumia 930 after W10M 10581

Have you also download nokia recovery tool because it contains certain drivers such as Lumia BootMgr etc. & may also work on dead phones(haven't tried). Also if you've other usb ports try plugging into those ports.

WallOfShame

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

First of all sorry for posting it as Guest, I forgot that I hadn't signed in.
Have you also download nokia recovery tool because it contains certain drivers such as Lumia BootMgr etc. & may also work on dead phones(haven't tried). Also if you've other usb ports try plugging into those ports.
I tried on multiple usb ports and on multiple laptops running Windows 10 and Windows 8, but it didn't work.
Will try Nokia recovery tool and update you. Thanks.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Hi,
I am on WI fast ring. Updated my Lumia 930 to Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581 from 10572. It was getting heated so did a hard reset (clean slate). Now a few problems include-
1. Cortana not working (India English default), shows cards, but pressing mic doesn't do anything
2. Speech not working, pressing microphone icon will give "Try Again" in Edge and Text messages.
3. Double tap to wake is not available as pressing Touch in Extras doesn't do anything.
4. Thankfully Loudspeaker microphone on Skype is up and running but it's not on Whatsapp and Video recording on Microsoft Camera app and normal phone calls on loud speaker!
5. Lumia Camera won't load.

Frustrated, I went to a Microsoft store nearby, the guy said that OS has corrupted and you need to downgrade. I downloaded Windows Device Recovery Tool, and connected L930 to PC via usb and guess what, it's not getting detected. The phone gives a message "Device is charging slowly" even though I am using the same cable that came in the package. Did a soft reset, and the PC detects the phone till Nokia logo is there on the screen, then automatically ejects it when Windows logo flashes. I even disabled "USB selective ejecting" on my PC. But it didn't work

I have no clue what can be done next. I went to the store again, the guy advised to wait for the next build. :p.
If anyone has any clues please help.

Hmm wait so Skype was also working on windows 10.??? I saw some pple post that after update to 10581 nothing works except call. I'm also having mic issuse if nothing works except calls ill have to fix it even though service here is bad.I havnt tried insider preview on the 930 yet because its still under warranty. I'm in India :/. But if like u said all these worked for u then it shud work in 10586 maybe it was the problem of build 10581.

WallOfShame

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Hmm wait so Skype was also working on windows 10.??? I saw some pple post that after update to 10581 nothing works except call. I'm also having mic issuse if nothing works except calls ill have to fix it even though service here is bad.I havnt tried insider preview on the 930 yet because its still under warranty. I'm in India :/. But if like u said all these worked for u then it shud work in 10586 maybe it was the problem of build 10581.
Hi Deepak,
Please read what happened in 10586...as the story continues here ! :p

WallOfShame

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Did you have the problem with secondary mic? While on 8.1?just want to make sure if tat is wats causing this.
The bug is partial. On W8.1, my secondary mic's volume is very low, not that it's not working at all. But looks like this defect very peculiar to L930 all over. Actually on 10586, I was able to talk on Skype in loudspeaker mode, so the secondary mic was working then. I am yet to test it on Skype on 8.1.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

The bug is partial. On W8.1, my secondary mic's volume is very low, not that it's not working at all. But looks like this defect very peculiar to L930 all over. Actually on 10586, I was able to talk on Skype in loudspeaker mode, so the secondary mic was working then. I am yet to test it on Skype on 8.1.
Hmm ik its on a lot of 930's and I'm going to give mine for repairs after I heard about wat happens when u upgrade to 10. Maybe when u upgrade to windows 10 the Skype call on speaker uses the main mic and Cortana and all uses the secondary one,just a guess. My mics are also not fully damaged I can hear myself in recorder if I shout at them and I was able to train hey Cortana by shouting near the mic for the third step.

WallOfShame

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Hmm ik its on a lot of 930's and I'm going to give mine for repairs after I heard about wat happens when u upgrade to 10. Maybe when u upgrade to windows 10 the Skype call on speaker uses the main mic and Cortana and all uses the secondary one,just a guess. My mics are also not fully damaged I can hear myself in recorder if I shout at them and I was able to train hey Cortana by shouting near the mic for the third step.
Agreed. Mics are not fully damaged, it's just that something is causing there volume to be set to low. But then they have not given any option through any software to increase the volume of mics.

deepak12345

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Agreed. Mics are not fully damaged, it's just that something is causing there volume to be set to low. But then they have not given any option through any software to increase the volume of mics.

Yea they can do that or maybe just turn of noice cancellation feature when the mocs that record only low volume are used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte