Black background for outlook mail app emails

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I know that there is a theme for dark but that is for the mail list, not the actual email itself. Is it possible to have a dark theme for the emails when you read or compose them?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, it hasn't been a thing for a very long time. (ever?)

I noticed also in Outlook 2016's Dark Grey theme, the reading pane is white as well.

I feel its a matter of maintaining visual consistency across the board since emails are typically done black/colors on white.

Last edited:

beachedwhale42

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I don't think it's possible. I even got tired of this in Gmail and Outlook.com, so I tried to do this in Thunderbird (I know, way off topic, but it's pretty open and plugin-friendly, which is why I mention it), and couldn't get it to do it.

Sadly, most emails are sent as black text on a white background, not unlike a normal letter. Outlook is simply displaying the email as it was sent. As a programmer who uses green-on-black, I'd love to see the ability to inverse the colors in Outlook, or set color defaults.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I don't think it's possible. I even got tired of this in Gmail and Outlook.com, so I tried to do this in Thunderbird (I know, way off topic, but it's pretty open and plugin-friendly, which is why I mention it), and couldn't get it to do it.

Sadly, most emails are sent as black text on a white background, not unlike a normal letter. Outlook is simply displaying the email as it was sent. As a programmer who uses green-on-black, I'd love to see the ability to inverse the colors in Outlook, or set color defaults.

Worth a shot anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb