You got your linked mail inbox; now how do you know which email came from which account?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This was something I had asked some months ago when a lot of people were clamouring for linked mail inbox.

I've tried it out and I cannot see a way to now which email in my inbox came from which account. I can only see when I open the email but not in the email list

So how do you differentiate emails by email account? Or is that a feature that we now have to ask for and wait for a few weeks?

Ekmeet Singh

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I think the point of having a all in one linked mail inbox is to see all ur mail in a single view without going in different mail box. And since linked inbox is now an option u can turn it off to know which mail is from which mail box by manually opening each and every mail box.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
You see it in the "to" field of the opened mail. There is displayed which mail address it was sent to. The same account is used when you answer an email.

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
This was something I had asked some months ago when a lot of people were clamouring for linked mail inbox.

I've tried it out and I cannot see a way to now which email in my inbox came from which account. I can only see when I open the email but not in the email list

So how do you differentiate emails by email account? Or is that a feature that we now have to ask for and wait for a few weeks?

Ehhmm, in W8.1 you can not see this as well, so it's working exactly the same now.
If you want to see which mail belongs to which email account, don't combine them!.....

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ehhmm, in W8.1 you can not see this as well, so it's working exactly the same now.
If you want to see which mail belongs to which email account, don't combine them!.....

I don't want them linked but I was wondering for those who wanted them linked how they would differentiate without opening individual emails

Ekmeet Singh

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't want them linked but I was wondering for those who wanted them linked how they would differentiate without opening individual emails

Well the linked mail box is mainly to see all the mail in a single list so for example if we have goot too many useless advertisement mails that we don't want to open can be selected together irrespective of which mail box and can be deleted in one go. And the point of having linked mail box is not to see different mail boxes.

Thmoas De Grauw

May 22, 2015
Visit site
It's very easy, you have 3 accounts and you can assign a color to each of them. In the list view they simply add a small icon with the color of the originating inbox.

This is exactly the same with different calendars.

This is how it should be. Every consolidated view should work this way (calendar, mail, and every other list that mixes multiple accounts or categories).

But this Microsoft, UI consistency they never heard of. I think you should create a GUI and then program it. Not program and then add some gui on the go, which is exactly what Microsoft is doing wrong.

elindalyne

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
It's totally a matter of triage. For example, I have 4 email accounts on my phone and have a 1 - 1 - 2 setup. One of these is my personal email. It has it's own icon on the start screen. Another is my work email. This is high priority and also has it's own icon on the start screen. The last 2 accounts are for an organization I help run. At certain times of year, this is super high priority, right now it's very low.

I can quickly see which inbox has new notifications via the start screen or the lock screen and triage accordingly. The only things currently missing from the linked inbox setup are notification headers actually reading the inbox and not just saying "Outlook Mail" and further customization options for inbox icons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos