After 10586, to Remain or not to Remain - the Insider's Dilemma

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm staying in the fast ring. 10586 is pretty solid albeit some quirks still need ironing out. The day I decide to stop the Insider's update program is the day a build physically installs an extra SD card slot into my Lumia 930. ;-)

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, I also voted to stay on fast ring. But not out of fun or satisfaction but desperation. By time WP8.1 is (even more) retarded and limited compared to the other two mainstream mobile OS. So if you wanna catch up even a little you "have to" enroll in fast ring.
Bottom line of all those threads about how the latest build is doing for you then can often be summarized as: "running pretty well, smooth...." followed by: "but... except....although...hardreset... roll back..." and so on.
I not use me WP as daily driver anymore but follow the latest news and always install the latest build. But I not see a bright future...

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
After 10586 came out I switched ALL of my devices (phone and PCs) to slow ring. Once there is a new build for the fast ring I will wait a bit to see how it goes and then decide whether or not I want the new one to install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa