Battery % tile

Dorkito

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
The "Battery Saver" setting was moved to settings -> System -> Battery Saver.

There you can change all of the Battery and Background Apps settings that you use to be able to do on the "Battery Saver" App on WP 8.1 ... and although you can pin this setting to start, it won't show the battery charge status like the app did.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
You should get a one of the free battery apps in the store.Many of these are much better for notifications and statistics.Although,there can be a delay between the live tile and actual battery percentage at times.I use (Battery by Arthur Semenov).Its tile is fairly consistent and has notifications for low battery,and battery full with stats for longest charge,drainage etc.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Why on earth did they take away such a useful feature - or at least give developers the ability to create an accurate live tile themselves??

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Still on Battery Saver on Win10M, I'm on build 10586, L920. The back light does not dim and the nav bar lights don't go off when battery saver comes on (just like it was when battery saver was broken in 8.1 back then) Am I the only one with this problem or is this a bug in 10586?

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Nothing's adherently wrong with that.

The point is, why take a step "backwards" in technology when we're supposed to move forwards? Why "remove" something that was there, and useful, and leave us with an extra step? Isn't the point of "live tiles" to be able to give us important information "at a glance" without having to do anything? That's the issue we're pushing...

Davide Carozza

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Sadly, it isn't quite the same as the old Battery Saver. It looks like you have to pay for the premium version to get real time, and it needs an internet connection to work. I don't think any app can update in real time at the moment, as it's a limitation of the OS. But this might be close enough for some people.

adhi depp

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Real time battery information is simply not possible. This is a limitation of the OS. You'll get the update every 15 minutes on both apps, PhoNetInfo and Battery Tile.

And why does Battery Tile need an internet connection for getting battery information? There's simply no reason for this... PhoNetInfo is more transparent and shows additional information.

Thx for your explanantion

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel