Is anyone else happy with build 10586.11 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5408460)

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you hard reset after upgrade. Hard reset delivers correct firmware deployment and often fixes a lot of strange things going on with your phone.

Yes, I have done so a couple of times, the last two occasions have resulted in it appearing in the "extras" menu along with the glance command which wasn't there before either. If I open glance it is empty , and if I open Hey cortana it shows a cog image for a second or two and then says it isnt available for this phone. Very odd !! btw Thanks for replying, its very much appreciated!

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've just installed this build on my 1020. This is the very first time I have used Windows 10 Mobile . I can't understand why anyone is happy with this build. Compared to Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Apps are always crashing, I can't get Cortana to work, when I swipe up and down the start screen just slightly, it teleports me to a different section of the start screen making it very difficult to use, the new photos app is terribly slow, the list goes on and on. I installed this build because I heard that this is the build that Microsoft will release. Microsoft better not release this. The only reason I'm not downgrading my phone back to 8.1 right now is because I have some apps that are no longer available and I don't want to loose them.

Skulls138

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I've just installed this build on my 1020. This is the very first time I have used Windows 10 Mobile . I can't understand why anyone is happy with this build. Compared to Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 10 Mobile is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Apps are always crashing, I can't get Cortana to work, when I swipe up and down the start screen just slightly, it teleports me to a different section of the start screen making it very difficult to use, the new photos app is terribly slow, the list goes on and on. I installed this build because I heard that this is the build that Microsoft will release. Microsoft better not release this. The only reason I'm not downgrading my phone back to 8.1 right now is because I have some apps that are no longer available and I don't want to loose them.

If you don't hard reset, it's gonna' be a bad time, honestly. I learned that.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
My HTC One didn't have many problems with the last build although after couple weeks button freezes got to be more common. This version seems to be very stable on this phone and almost makes me think its close to the end. I have noticed a bit of a loop one time restarting the phone. ( I restart my Apple IPhone 6 plus once a week or when it starts acting strange.) The loop consisted of starting up but then restarting a couple more times before I finally saw the bright red Verizon screen.

I'll be honest about it. I actually like the phone again and may forgo the 950 for the time being. It doesn't have the camera of the 950 nor Continuum but it is very snappy now. Runs most everything just fine. I am running low on battery near the very end of the day but I'm not sure that I haven't been playing with the phone a lot more then previously.

MG

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I've not had a major issue with any build thus far, really just incremental improvements in fluidity and battery life on my 925. Minor gripes like MSN Weather doesn't work with the lockscreen, no custom alert pre mail account in Outlook (which I'm sure will be fixed in an app update) and unable to change the quick action buttons.

Might get a 950 at some point when the price comes down a bit, continuum and OTG might be useful depending on where I'm woring by then.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I think its total crap. The longer I used it, the more apps crashed or froze. Had to restart my 1520 a few times a day. My wife's 1020 slowed to a crawl and had similar crashes and freeze as my phone. Had to revert back both phones to 8.1 today. I really loved the new features, apps, and started to like the new look. Someday I'll install W10M again, but for now, no thanks.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I wish some people on here would get a grip. Android Lollipop released...major bugs, since been 3 updates and yes still moans from users around various issues. iOS 9 released...guess what, major bugs and more fixes follow. It's life people. I have been using the last 3 builds on my daily driver and getting by just fine. Yes there are bugs, which will be ironed out in time I'm sure but the way some prima donnas on here react is ridiculous. It's almost like there is a competition to see who can make the most over exaggerated moan or act the most outraged. Pathetic.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Pretty happy on l1520, no hard reset or anything. Yep there are few issues but its definitely significantly better that just usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs