Is anyone else happy with build 10586.11 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marpamcy

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I always reset my phone on every update and then restore my backup. So this is what i did with the latest build 10586.
I had to run Windows Device Recovery Tool first went back to 8.1 due to the known bug but everything run just fine.
On the first setup screen i selected customized settings and removed some options "send associated info to Microsoft ..bla bla" "send typing and inking data...bla bla.." etc.
After downloading all app updates my 930 is up and running very smoothly and most of all i have noticed the battery lasts longer than with any of the previous previews i have tested. I know it's only two days but still i can see the difference.

Mike Nelson5

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Cortana is just horrible everything else I guess is working ok. If I ask how long it will take to get to one of my favorites or ask it to remind me to do something when I arrive it gives me web results it doesn't recognize home and many others saved in my favorites even though its there Cortana bing and maps don't seem to be integrating well at this point my battery life saw no improvement over the previous build which is kind of a bummer I can barely get 8 hours with my 1520 that's about 5 hours less than with 8.1 for the same use. This build on my surface pro significantly increased my battery life but not on the phone by a long shot. I sure hope 10586 is a whole lot better on the 950s than it is on my 1520 yikes. I also had to roll back and I did a hard reset because hey Cortana refused to learn my voice after a hard reset that started working fine.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
More than satisfied, although like some, Cortana is a car crash!! Live tile doesn't update after a couple of mins. Still takes an age to read texts back :( Apart from that, not bad. Had one crash trying to update store. But who hasn't had issues with store ;)

tyee44

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
my nokia 1520 upgrade went very smooth. Much easier for me than when I install build 581. I now have correct sd card useage (my 128GB card shows as well), and all my music, audio books, and movies transfered to the new build as well. I installed astrill vpn, on the upgrade. Something i could not do before now. App Upgrades continue to arrive thru the store. i have only 4 minor apps showing errors so far. I cannot tell if battery life is better yet. All in all I am satisfied

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
my 928 is doing fine, 10586 seems good enough, fast and reliable, maps apps is crashing though, settings says they cant get to my offline maps data and to try again, anyone know how to fix that? it might've corrupted my previous offline maps

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Let's just say it is usable but not necessarily flowing or fluid on my L830, tad better on L1020 due to its better screen touch sensitivity...

In general I'm finding the photo app clunky and unappealing in appearance, sad they removed "linked" inboxes in Outlook Mail as it worked better for me, camera, well, feels outdated with little change since like forever (went backwards w/10), would be nice if things like panorama etc were selective through a simple click rather than a separate app, more tiles capable of being rendered transparent would be nice too.

Overall I am finding latest build of W10M to be inconsistent (as previous builds), the outcome never seems to be similar/same no matter what action is performed, still experiencing resuming/loading at times and some of MSs own apps crashing on occasion, store sometimes lacks description w/updates, shows "update available" w/down arrow but no icon or description as to what it is (similar to what happens on PC too).

Cortana, who's that LOL? ;-)

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty satisfied. Batery life is the same as previous build, though it's good. A bit less than 8.1, but it's almost the same, and it's way better than previous builds. Stability is ok, speed is ok, apps still suck, but yeah. Also, I didn't do a reset since two builds ago.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Cortana is just horrible everything else I guess is working ok. If I ask how long it will take to get to one of my favorites or ask it to remind me to do something when I arrive it gives me web results it doesn't recognize home and many others saved in my favorites even though its there Cortana bing and maps don't seem to be integrating well at this point my battery life saw no improvement over the previous build which is kind of a bummer I can barely get 8 hours with my 1520 that's about 5 hours less than with 8.1 for the same use. This build on my surface pro significantly increased my battery life but not on the phone by a long shot. I sure hope 10586 is a whole lot better on the 950s than it is on my 1520 yikes. I also had to roll back and I did a hard reset because hey Cortana refused to learn my voice after a hard reset that started working fine.

Ah ha!! I forgot about the hard reset. Gonna try that and see if Cortana behaves herself!

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Very satisfied on my 1520 except for:

1) SMS not restoring and the messaging app crashing when trying to attach anything.
2) Edge favorites syncing still buggy

I was able to train my voice and Cortana is working great for me. I must say, battery life is excellent on this build! Streaming Pandora on the new W10 app and using Waze didn't kill my battery as usual..

Diego Ceccacci

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Very satisfied on my 1520 except for:

1) SMS not restoring and the messaging app crashing when trying to attach anything.
2) Edge favorites syncing still buggy

I was able to train my voice and Cortana is working great for me. I must say, battery life is excellent on this build! Streaming Pandora on the new W10 app and using Waze didn't kill my battery as usual..
How perfect? I can do 3 days with 8.1

MobileOperator

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Geez this build is sweet i gave it a run upgraded from 8.1 with all apps installed no hard reset, its super honeslty i dont get why so many people are saying its not that good, its superb for me Lumia 535.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
No I think its still a work in progress, Id settle for being able to send a text without the app crashing every single time or being able to scroll without the whole phone freezing up and restarting. This build is pure pain.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No I think its still a work in progress, Id settle for being able to send a text without the app crashing every single time or being able to scroll without the whole phone freezing up and restarting. This build is pure pain.

This build and the previous build are the first where I haven't ran back to 8.1 after a couple of days. Overall it is quite usable and feels less beta ans more official for me on my 640 xl.

However I share the same issue as you. The messaging app is ao unreliable and annoying. I had to disable the skype integration. It never works and my notifications always randomly stop working. Soon as I disable the skype integration,the notifications for text all come in. That's easily the only major complaint I have. That and it crashes randomly and messages take ages to load sometime.

hd256

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I can say I'm really happy and proud of what Microsoft have done so far with W10M, obviously I expect a lot more in the future but I think we're now on a good point. This build (RTM) still have annoying bugs but I hope they can fix it in the NEAR future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo