Outlook notification

mihai guta

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that outlook notifications did not disappear from lockscreen after you delete them from the notification center? Lumia 640, 10586

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Only one of the many, many, many things broken with the whole Notifications thing. Probably the weakest part of the whole experience these days. We remain hopeful.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Outlook notifications are completely wacko. sometimes I get them, often I don't. Sometimes the Live Tile shows new emails received, often it doesn't. Sometimes Lock Screen shows a notice, often it doesn't. Totally screwy.

rick0415

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Outlook notifications are completely wacko. sometimes I get them, often I don't. Sometimes the Live Tile shows new emails received, often it doesn't. Sometimes Lock Screen shows a notice, often it doesn't. Totally screwy.

Same issues here. It's frustrating.

LemonyVengeance

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I've installed the latest fast ring build and even with notifications enabled in the phone settings, as well as in the account settings for my individual accounts, I STILL don't get sound notifications for emails. the only notifications I get are live tile, which then alerts me on my MS Band 2.

this really upsets me.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Same here. My 950 XL is fully updated and MS released updates for more than a dozen apps AGAIN last evening. STILL, no email notifications that are audible even tho the settings are correct.

How MS can release a new product and OS that can't even notify someone of a new email just blows my mind.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
This has been an ongoing issue for a long time...even prior to Windows 10 to some degree. Syncing and notifications for outlook are just borked...and my biggest annoyance with Windows 10.

Hell, even on my Windows 10 PC, I have a notification on my live tile for email that I read, and deleted, days ago.

I have my doubts it will be fixed anytime soon...for phone or pc...as it's been going on for so long.

640xxxl

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
It's same for me. You get message, read it, delete it, but live tile still shows notification. Also, it's on glance. Remove it from lock screen, it's still there! Very annoying.

dustman86

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
This issue popped up today for me after upgrading to 10586.29 and was only "resolved" by performing a reset on the phone and reconfiguring outlook.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that outlook notifications did not disappear from lockscreen after you delete them from the notification center? Lumia 640, 10586
my phone 640xl lte dual sim with 10586.29 after soft reset, I still have notification issue: there are always '2 new mails' notification on the display. even after I read, or deleted them, the notification is still there. before with 10586.11 there was no such issues.

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I finally got that issue fixed, and all I needed to do was delete & recreate all of my mail accounts (I have 3). Once I did that, the live tiles & lock screen counts started working again. No hard resets required (which makes sense, since this is an app problem, not an OS problem).

Joel Earnest

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I finally got that issue fixed, and all I needed to do was delete & recreate all of my mail accounts (I have 3). Once I did that, the live tiles & lock screen counts started working again. No hard resets required (which makes sense, since this is an app problem, not an OS problem).
I've just got one account (Outlook) on my phone and can't figure out how to delete it.

Last edited:

mihai guta

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

And how do you delete the basic outlook account, the one that is requested at the beginning?

bpsmicro

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
And how do you delete the basic outlook account, the one that is requested at the beginning?
Ah, I don't use my Live account for any actual e-mail/calendar stuff at all. My Live account is purely for OneDrive, device registration, and whatnot. Any Live e-mail is forwarded to my "real" mail account, which is on my own Exchange server. So my "advice" above won't work if your mail account is also your primary phone account. I suspect that in your case, you're talking hard reset (again). :-(
Sorry for the confusion.

Brad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon