10.0.10586.29 - Affected phones list

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It's becoming both very frustrating and confusing for us insiders since the last build came out. Part of us is having serious battery drainage issues while others have reported that this build is by far the best yet.
One of our friends in other topic suggested making a list of affected phones. I opened this thread with a hope that you guys will be willing enough to report your status and experience so far so we can understand whether this really is a phone model thing.

Below will be presented list of both affected an not affected phone models, and will be edited by the time.

So, post your current statuses.

Affected phone models

-HTC One M8

Not affected phone models

-640 LTE

Misc

-930 seems to be in both categories, as well as the HTC One M8. Except these two all others are in seperate ones. I'll wait a bit longer for the final conclusion.

Last edited:

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
It's been less than 24 hours. It is way too early to actually measure the battery life of the build. The first day or so is always battery intensive, especially if you hard reset.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It's been less than 24 hours. It is way too early to actually measure the battery life of the build. The first day or so is always battery intensive, especially if you hard reset.

That is true. But this topic remains here, and you guys can always update your current status, so can i my first post.
My intention with this topic was purely to understand whether this is a phone model thing or something else.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
1020, I got a blue screen (sad face) that I couldn't get out of, had to use Recovery Tool and go backwards, not a very good experience

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Installed the new build and about an hour after I picked up my phone to discover the screen was messed up. Much like if you dropped & broke it.
This was a constant problem a few builds ago. A usual soft restart & all is good.
Nokia 1320

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the HTC One M8. I had the 10586 build on my phone, and the battery would lose 20% an hour or more with light usage (mostly web browsing on LTE). I would have to recharge my phone midday, and even when I got home from work, it would be near empty again. I restored WP8.1 and battery life is normal again (less than 10% hour with light usage).

When I had 10586 installed, I tried everything to reduce battery consumption. I turned on Battery Saver at 100% with no background apps allowed, set brightness to 25%, turned off all radios, etc. Then I would just look at locally stored photos and videos and waste time to see what happened. It would still annihilate the battery. It's gotta be something related to the OS and not an app. And reboots had no effect. Battery life was always terrible.

Also, unrelated to battery life, sometimes when I launched an app (It would always do it with YouTube) all the Start screen tiles would disappear and not come back, even after pressing the Windows key. And one time the full apps list disappeared and both screens were empty. I had to long press Back and switch to another app, then go back to Start screen to get it to snap out of it.

I really want to use WP10, but it was far too buggy and drained my battery hard. Also, the phone was always warm, so clearly it was always busy doing something.

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
after installed this 586.29 and soft reset, found the email has an notification err. it always show the new notification even all the mails have been read. very strange, has anyone else experienced this problem? 640xl ted dual sim

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I actually found the battery life good on my 640.Couple of things I do though is:

Turn off location,turn of glance,email set to sync hourly , screen brightness to medium, touch vibrate off, double tap off, button click sound off. Automatic store updates off,store live tile off,background apps limited to 5 or 6.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Using Lumia 1320 and my phone has still freezing start screen, its been happening since build 10581 and until now hasn't been fixed though its less frequent now.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
520: battery and performance little better than before, only Cortana is still slower than 8.1 opening messages, needs core app update I guess

Balaji C

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 930- After installing this build, started seeing No internet in the wifi. This used to be there in office network and public network with different wifi adapters. But never noticed this issue in home. But after the installation, noticing this issue in home network as well. No battery drain or other issue. just the Wifi is screwed up.

kristofpetho

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the HTC One M8. I had the 10586 build on my phone, and the battery would lose 20% an hour or more with light usage (mostly web browsing on LTE). I would have to recharge my phone midday, and even when I got home from work, it would be near empty again. I restored WP8.1 and battery life is normal again (less than 10% hour with light usage).

When I had 10586 installed, I tried everything to reduce battery consumption. I turned on Battery Saver at 100% with no background apps allowed, set brightness to 25%, turned off all radios, etc. Then I would just look at locally stored photos and videos and waste time to see what happened. It would still annihilate the battery. It's gotta be something related to the OS and not an app. And reboots had no effect. Battery life was always terrible.

Also, unrelated to battery life, sometimes when I launched an app (It would always do it with YouTube) all the Start screen tiles would disappear and not come back, even after pressing the Windows key. And one time the full apps list disappeared and both screens were empty. I had to long press Back and switch to another app, then go back to Start screen to get it to snap out of it.

I really want to use WP10, but it was far too buggy and drained my battery hard. Also, the phone was always warm, so clearly it was always busy doing something.

I just set up 10586.29 on my HTC M8 and have 0 problems. I did do a hard reset as well as set up the phone as new. Battery life has been incredible...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)