10.0.10586.29 - Affected phones list

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I actually found the battery life good on my 640.Couple of things I do though is:

Turn off location,turn of glance,email set to sync hourly , screen brightness to medium, touch vibrate off, double tap off, button click sound off. Automatic store updates off,store live tile off,background apps limited to 5 or 6.

Yeah, I'm a bit like that, but with some differences:
- I have location on
- Email is syncing at the default time (based on my usage)
- Screen brightness is low
- Store Live Tile is on
- I have some more background apps

Also on a Lumia 640, and battery life is great.

Sent from mTalk

9sag9

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
My 1320 sucks in battery since the cumulative update........ it was a beast before the update .. Now seems to be .. It's not even near to alphabet E in the word BEAST.. .. 30-40% drop rate per hour...

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I applaud the OP for getting this together (some scientific evidence, though allegorical).

What you (all) need to understand is the apps factor in ... each device is different (even the exact same model, same carrier, etc.) because of the subset of apps installed.

In addition to your model, check Battery Saver >> Battery Use for that app consuming the most power. You may find some empirical evidence, that way - pointing to an app, on a specific device(s) ...

I want to install the latest Insider build on my Lumia 1520, the missing Battery % display on live tile, is keeping me from doing that. Minor, I know, but ...

Last edited:

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'm a bit like that, but with some differences:
- I have location on
- Email is syncing at the default time (based on my usage)
- Screen brightness is low
- Store Live Tile is on
- I have some more background apps

Also on a Lumia 640, and battery life is great.

Sent from mTalk

U hard reset at all?

Kevin Hill2

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
My M8 is running great on the new build maybe even better than before, 45% after a day and a half of use, and I didn't have to do a reset.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Installed .29 on my 735 today afternoon. Coming from .586.11
No hard reset and after few hrs everything seems ok. Will know better tomorrow afyer all night charge and workday and confirm my status. Cheers!

eryvile

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
925, no degradation in terms of battery life compared to the .11 build, never did a hard reset, all good (considering it's a preview).

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Installed the new build and about an hour after I picked up my phone to discover the screen was messed up. Much like if you dropped & broke it.
This was a constant problem a few builds ago. A usual soft restart & all is good.
Nokia 1320

Same problem here very annoying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)