10.0.10586.29 - Affected phones list

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just unplugged my phone from charger 3 hours ago and then I realized I have 47% battery literaly doing nothing with the phone. WTF
Then I see Shazam drained like 60% on background with no option to turn off background for it? I am really confused.
wp_ss_20151207_0001.png

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, I just unplugged my phone from charger 3 hours ago and then I realized I have 47% battery literaly doing nothing with the phone. WTF
Then I see Shazam drained like 60% on background with no option to turn off background for it? I am really confused.
View attachment 118423

Remove Shazam and see if phone acts normal again if so install shazam again if battery drains again then must be a problem related to shazam

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
It's becoming both very frustrating and confusing for us insiders since the last build came out. Part of us is having serious battery drainage issues while others have reported that this build is by far the best yet.
One of our friends in other topic suggested making a list of affected phones. I opened this thread with a hope that you guys will be willing enough to report your status and experience so far so we can understand whether this really is a phone model thing.

Below will be presented list of both affected an not affected phone models, and will be edited by the time.

So, post your current statuses.

Affected phone models

-HTC One M8

Not affected phone models

-640 LTE

1020 should not be in the list as the latest build is working perfectly on the phone.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
L1320. Lock ups, screen 'inverts' colours to grainy low res darks, text loses pixel density. Battery definitely drains quicker. Cortana is a complete basket case. Takes an age to read a text for you. Live tile only operates when news is an interest, despite having sports as well. Remove news, and she goes on holiday. Cortana beta was WAY better. Noticed heat build up as well around the camera. Have to soft reset 2 or 3 times a day. Hard reset twice since release of .29 Shame really as the email, settings, and general feel is far more user friendly, with stuff arranged logically. Writing this post has seen heat build up by 12 degrees C according to my handheld temp gauge. Lens cover VERY warm now. Looks like back to 8.1😓

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I checked all your responses, thank you all. As me, you've probably come to concuslion that is not a phone model issue, but rather individual ones.
Considering this there's no point of having this thread active anymore, again, thank you all for participating.

Conclusion:

This is an individual issue rather than phone model one. Reports vary from bad to worse, to equal to the previous build.

Gauravs90

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have lumia 820 and I have experienced no battery drain with this build and also this build has great battery life than any other build

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a 520 and double tap worked twice out of 5 times to wake the screen. I turned it on
in the previous update and tried it again with 10586.29 and it still doesn't work as planned.

BB_Nicky86

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I've had nothing but problems with my 1020 on the last 2 builds with constant battery draining and cortana is basically useless. she takes 30+ seconds to respond to you.

I've literally given up, when they can make W10M work smoothly i'll do it, but i'll stick to what works. WP 8.1. They expect to launch this OS relatively soon and it's unreliable. Yes i know it's a technical preview, but the last version was released to the public on the 950. Yes i'm comparing a bugatti to a fiat 500 but they both have internal combustion engines and work.

I'm not expecting a glitch free experience, windows 8.1 can't offer that. I'm expecting the same experience but improved. I've provided feedback on all the issues I've encountered.

James LYNCH2

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I have just seen latest announcement titled " DECEMBER 4, 2015 5:25 PM
Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29"
where the last of the feedback issues says:-

" Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
'
Well, I have build 10586.29 and I still cannot send SMS messages let alone MMS messages so could you please advise
on how to fix this issue, please?

ridl8349

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 830, ATT variant works fine after some tweaking. Gen 1 Band had Bluetooth issues, had to reset the band, unpair from phone, reinstall the Health app and now seems to be working. Bad battery drain in the beginning but then realized it was still installing the programs.

npoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So far the last 3 builds have been problems free with my Lumia 920 (and Messaging + Skype signed out from Skype). This new build in my Lumia 920 has a great battery life; I think that it is at WP8.1 level; I'm super happy now.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, I guess we all have different issues. Maybe, just maybe, a firmware update may reduce some issues. After all, they are attempting to blanket every device with it, and we all know devices do differ somewhat. Maybe those of us running 'older' devices just need to grin and bare it for now. As mentioned above, it is a TP, and we know what we are getting when we sign up. I would happily stay with it, but Cortana is doing my head in. How can a beta far outstrip a release? I use her a lot to track flights when I'm on the road to an airport pick up. She was great at it. All she does now is show the news, if she shows anything at all!! I've even disabled the news and she still shows it. Shame really as edge, linked inboxes, band, logical settings layout, nicer store front etc all work fine, plus edge can use google search engine!!

Oh well, let's open WDRT.....🙁

Tactik

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
1020 No issues that I can see. I got into work this morning and it was already updated. I did not even notice except I saw this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99