10.0.10586.29 - Affected phones list

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
This build is giving me Phantom Touches on my 930. Core apps are crashing and navigation flat out does not work. It feels slower than before, and live tiles no longer update. Personalization doesn't work anymore either. Can't change the start or lock screens at all. Camera buggy. No option other than hard reset.
Did you go back to 8.1 before upgrade? I know it's not necessary, but it went so smooth for me that way, and none of the problems you describe.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Update went fine, was actually out of the house when i started it, after it finished 98% battery 2 hrs later 4%. Did a Hard and soft charged it to 50% in airplane, left the house 1 1/2 hr later dead. Got mad and bought the 950, that same day, problem fixed lol. Haven't recharged 1020 since Saturday so not sure how its doing now.

Carry on wayward 1020.

SnakeHaveYou

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I had a high battery drain before a hard reset..
After the hard reset, i have a drain too, but not as high than before on a Lumia 735..

With the previous build it lasted more than 24hs.. now maybe 10? 14?

Thats on mine

JJAndersen

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
My 630 is also affcted by this, but not all the time.

I havn't found out what causes this, but I can see that while I was not using my phone it starting to drain the battery by 10%/h at 00:00.
When I looked at what apps had used the most I could see that Edge browser had used almost 50%.

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
5 times weird screen this morning on L1320 this is getting very annoying but the good thing is Gabe Aul is now aware of this issue i talked to him on Twitter

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I decided to give it another shot. 10586.29, hard reset, NO restored backup.

Device seems stable, everything looks and works good. HOWEVER, it's still killing 20% battery an hour. I was reading Windows Central articles for an hour and went from 97% to 76%. There is NO WAY reading webpages for an hour uses that much power.

I really wish I knew what exactly is happening.

Edit: I am now at 50% after 2 hours of use. I started using the WP Central app to read after the 1st hour to see if Edge was the culprit. Doesn't seem to be the case.

I turned off ALL background apps and power cycled the phone. When I doubled-checked, the HTC Photo Edit app had turned itself back on. I then deleted every HTC branded app on my phone. At 9:50 am I had 50% battery. I will check back in an hour from then.

Last edited:

salindasa

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 625 - Working great except playing music on background from any app (groove, mixradio) and using any other app makes the phone lag and freeze

hughjazz44

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I had my phone at 44% battery. I power cycled and when I checked it again it was 25%. 19% just vanished instantly. How is battery life measured, anyway?

Also, to follow-up my previous post, my battery continues to drain rapidly. I've plugged in twice today.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Same here... it is hammering my phone. Hot, no apps will install, stuck at 0%, error messages telling me I don't have enough room when I have 24 gigs free.

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
*SOLVED* Using Lumia 1520

1. Restore the phone via on board software (took 40 minutes to get back to where I was 2 days ago)
2. Reinstall/Install Windows Insider Preview App
3. Enroll in fast updates
4. Restart phone and check for updates
5. Install updates

So far so good......

Last edited:

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
is it stable enough to run on daily driver?? Lumia 1320... apart from screen freezing any major issue??:sweaty::sweaty::sweaty:

I'm running L1320 with build 10586.29 following issues:

- Battery is ok! but still draining a little
- Sometimes phone freezes and you need to do a soft reset and loose 20/30% battery (in my case)
- Sometimes when waking phone you get that weird broken screen issue a soft reset will solve that

Apart from that good and stable build it is good enough for daily driver but if you can't live with those issues don't install it!

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm running L1320 with build 10586.29 following issues:

- Battery is ok! but still draining a little
- Sometimes phone freezes and you need to do a soft reset and loose 20/30% battery (in my case)
- Sometimes when waking phone you get that weird broken screen issue a soft reset will solve that

Apart from that good and stable build it is good enough for daily driver but if you can't live with those issues don't install it!

We have EXACTLY all the same case with my 1320. hard resets does nothing though

Vijay Rodge

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

these issue have been carried since 8.1 update 1 for me... Soft resetting does seem to solve the problem temporarily though this takes a major hit on the battery... can't afford that since i have only this phone.. will be buying 950xl sometime around new year i guess but first want to see the builds getting stable though:wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077