10586.29 Update Problem - Lumia 1520 - Low Storage Warning & Stuck At 0%

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Same issue as I am reading with the 950 owners.

1. Phone is hot
2. All app installs are pending because this update it holding them up
3. Battery draining quickly
4. Stays at 0% for 10 minutes and then I get a low storage warning with over 24 gigs free
5. While plugged in turning off the phone it turns back on non-stop trying to do the update.

This all started when I got home, plugged it in to charge connected to wi-fi and I made the mistake of "check for updates".....

Last edited:

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
*SOLVED* Using Lumia 1520

1. Restore the phone via the built in restore feature in settings *edited (took 40 minutes to get back to where I was 2 days ago)
2. Reinstall/Install Windows Insider Preview App
3. Enroll in fast updates
4. Restart phone and check for updates
5. Install update (specific for insiders) *edited

So far so good......

Last edited:

Anthony199

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey man! having exactly the same issues.
Phone has been hot for around two days (not all the time), and store updates not even downloading.
Check for updates and started downloading, but it has been stuck at 0% for like 10 mins now and i have a really good connection.
Battery is draining like crazy.

What do you mean by "1. Restore the phone via on board software "?

Is this going to solve my problems?

halflifecrysis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Restarting the phone did nothing in regards to these steps. In my case I had to restore because all downloads (including insider app) were halted and stuck pending from the botched push of .29. I can only speak to the steps that worked for me after hours of frustration.

The problem was not anything the end user did wrong. The problem for some was we had 8.1 devices upgraded to 10 version XXXX.11 through insider. In my case I un-enrolled later. Then MS pushed the update to my device as is if I had a 950xl.

That push caused all the issues, leading to me to finally restore my device, but using the OEM restore feature (in settings) still kept me on 10 version XXXX.11 so it was not like I rolled back to 8.1. Anyway I then reinstalled insider app, re-enrolled for fast updates. THEN the update read "XXXX.29 preview". So indeed a different push for insider versions of 10.

So my steps above are just a cut to the chase "lets get it done" approach. From start to finish from restore to .29 preview build being installed was about 70 minutes.

The only thing I can't speak to is how battery life is going to be.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss