Experiences after upgrading from WP 8.1 to W10M 10586.29

DracShadow

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I also had that problem after hard reset fresh install of wp10 , no store, cant do anything.... 30 mins later the phone installed everything itself and the store showed up. Did you give it time to download ?

DracShadow

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi GrandGerminator, my phone automatically download the leak 10536 and I just give it a shot then nothing bad happened. I stay in 10536 for a while then I did a hard reset (don't know why) and it just destroyed my phone (no setting, no store, just keep telling me to download them...it seems that these core functions are more like separate apps than bundle into the core of the OS?). Then I just roll back to 8.1 and did a registry hack (you can follow the "windows 10" thread at ATIV S session) and I got 10586.

I also had that problem after hard reset fresh install of wp10 , no store, cant do anything.... 30 mins later the phone installed everything itself and the store showed up. Did you give it time to download ?

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 LTE. upgrade was smooth, running smooth with full day battery life with 4G on at office and wifi at home. Keep in mind that this build works well on new devices and also that a hard reset is a must for a good experience.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Went down to 8, then back up through 8.1 to 10586.29. Lumia 1020, no hard reset after reaching 10586.29.

Plus points- I have 2 creative studios, the old nokia one and lumia creative studio beta.
I also have nokia camera and not lumia camera. I made sure not to update them

Battery drain is there, especially on cellular or wifi. Standby time is kind of okay but the moment you use an app and exit the battery drops faster on standby even though you're not using anything

Experience is quite good and I don't like going back to 8.1 as I don't seem to miss anything

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Nope, I was shocked by what I saw and I'm not satisfied by the performance of 10536 in terms of speeds so I decide to rollback and got the newer build which is way nicer than the old 10536 :)

However I do have the feeling that I'm using some face-lift wp8.1 only, which I'm not sure what to expect in the future. The features support across different languages/regions are inconsistent. Change region/language/font size require multiple reboot and the 4-column support are not avaliable in all region/language which is crazy. Cortana tied up with region/language is just sucks as hell. Why can't I set my phone in Taiwan/traditional Chinese while keep the cortana working in English/bing search? MSTW is clearly short in manpower and I don't see them capable make traditional Chinese cortana avaliable in any near future. This forced we users in Taiwan either using full English UI to get cortana or just let go this important feature which is very sad fact to be aware of.

Last edited:

erionzani

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
jumped from 8.1 to 10 (10586.29) via insider preview. Running now for five days as daily driver, everything seems fine. First battery life was not so good, but now seems to have settled. With normal use, getting through the day with 35-45% left.
Nokia Lumia 1020

Last edited:

quietlion

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded 640XL from 8.1 to 10. Got an error message about trying to use SD card but failing. After the failure, Fitbit and Microsoft Health apps refused to run. Restored to 8.1 using Device Recovery Tool, waited for all apps to update, then upgraded to 10, waited again, ran Windows Insider, updated again, then did hard reset and waited for all apps to install. Mostly working but text messages from the last month or so not restored yet. Hopefully they will show up eventually but this seems to be a common problem.

John Rugo

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded my L830 and have had only one issue, and was solved ultimately by a Hard Reset.
I could not set the Start or Lock screen images. Once I did the Hard Reset everything worked great.

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
jumped from 8.1 to 10 (10586.29) via insider preview. Running now for five days as daily driver, everything seems fine. First battery life was not so good, but now seems to have settled. With normal use, getting through the day with 35-45% left.
Nokia Lumia 1020
Are you kidding? I had nothing but issues on my Lumia 1020. These are just two of the many issues I had: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILUjhhSiGk

erionzani

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Are you kidding? I had nothing but issues on my Lumia 1020.

Well, I'm sorry is not working out for you. My Nokia 1020 is solid (beside some OS-glitches), using it as my daily driver. I would make a short movie to show but I've said goodbye to google services long time ago...
Reading all these users having problems, i have to point out that there is a nice "how to" guide from a user named "ajayden" to upgrade to win10M(.29). Look for it in section Windows10Hub \ Window10Mobile \ Win10InsiderPrev \ Sticky - Guide How To Install WIn10 Ins.Prev. It worked for me. If you have the time, try it once more time that way. Oh and yes, the known yellow tint of the Lumia Camera has disappeared for me !
Hope it helps

Last edited:

DracShadow

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Nope, I was shocked by what I saw and I'm not satisfied by the performance of 10536 in terms of speeds so I decide to rollback and got the newer build which is way nicer than the old 10536 :)

However I do have the feeling that I'm using some face-lift wp8.1 only, which I'm not sure what to expect in the future. The features support across different languages/regions are inconsistent. Change region/language/font size require multiple reboot and the 4-column support are not avaliable in all region/language which is crazy. Cortana tied up with region/language is just sucks as hell. Why can't I set my phone in Taiwan/traditional Chinese while keep the cortana working in English/bing search? MSTW is clearly short in manpower and I don't see them capable make traditional Chinese cortana avaliable in any near future. This forced we users in Taiwan either using full English UI to get cortana or just let go this important feature which is very sad fact to be aware of.

You are lucky to have cortana running at all :p I have to change region and "trick the phone" into using cortana which should not be the case. Even so, wp10 support for older devices is not finished yet, so lets give them a chance and see what gets cooked in the pot ! (lets hope its a good meal ! )

anubhavsrivas

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I am using Lumia 730 and running at latest build. Installed the windows 10 build 15 days before, find out few bugs. First the Cortana live tile stop working after few hours. Once you open the cortana, it starts working. It seems the background process is not running properly. I need to refresh to by opening to get the Live tile working and the same goes weather live tile. However, some of the live tiles are working properly. Done hard reset and soft reset many times. The navigation bar is also defective, when you hide the bar at start screen it shows the reflection of the background image when you swipe up to hide up. It show up for a very short second. It happens every time. Lock screen has also a bug, whenever i unlock the phone after a long time it fluctuates. I add the weather to show the updates and never come up until I open the weather app and after few hours the status of weather on lock screen goes off. It seems I need to refresh everything in a regular time interval. Waiting for the official upgrade. Also, If anyone know, let me know, how to install if the official windows 10 mobile comes up on the insider running windows 10. My windows device recovery tool is not installing getting error. I would not be able to roll back. Your help will be appreciated.

RUCKUS_US

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the insiders W10M and I've received an update today and it's installing now. There's no change log so I'm gonna have to snoop around to figure out the changes. Will keep everyone posted.

Bobcat665

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you need to install the correct language pack for your region? (That's *IF* Cortana is actually officially available in YOUR country - it's available in mine and I don't live in the US. :winktongue:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo