10586.36 here it is

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I had same problem on my 930. About 2 days my phone battery overheats and it was drain very quickly (6-8 hours). It's seems lika a lot of data transfer was in the case. Now is normal and stable.

I had the same. I also disabled many background tasks like movement, touch and several others (sorry, translated from the German words) and now battery life is also really really good. Hardly any heating and since 8 hours with moderate use and wifi and gsm on I'm down 29%.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Odd quirk arrived with .36 on my L925... whenever the phone connects to a Wi-Fi access point I get a "You're near your data limit" notification. Cell data remaining seems to be stuck at 4 GB (what I set the monthly cell data limit to). Going to remove my data plan limit info and re-add it to see if that fixes the quirk.

Edit: So far so good, with the remove and re-add of the cell data limit info. Data usage seems to be updating and numbers seem accurate (didn't zero the Used value, yay!), and no unnecessary notifications so far.

Last edited:

yosoyyoberdi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I did a hard reset in order to try to solve my connection problem and now I can't download speech or keyboards... 10 days for 2016 and this is still happening. Doing great, Microsoft!

Office365EduMx

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Yes, same issue here with Cortana issue on a Lumia 640 XL, I just reinstalled my app and re-enrolled my device with the insiders app and its working now.:love:

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I did a hard reset in order to try to solve my connection problem and now I can't download speech or keyboards... 10 days for 2016 and this is still happening. Doing great, Microsoft!
After hard reset you have to go back to insider app and email again. Reboot and keyboard will be there.

The issue is not ms rather a hard reset removed the insidet settings putting downloads back to real server which doesn't have them for your build.

yosoyyoberdi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
After hard reset you have to go back to insider app and email again. Reboot and keyboard will be there.

The issue is not ms rather a hard reset removed the insidet settings putting downloads back to real server which doesn't have them for your build.
If I read once more that bull**** of "redoing the insider app and rebooting" I'm going to kill someone... I've tried dozens of times with every build and it has never worked. Only thing working is going back to WP8.1 and I can't do it because my phone isn't connecting with the computer...

Anyway, so that happening has anything to do with Microsoft, is that what you are saying? Like some kind of magic makes that happen... The truth is Microsoft hasn't been even able to fix a simple server problem in 10 months.

hidayat225

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
L830 here.

Hard reset of 8.1 with Denim.
Installation of Win10 mobile .29. Update all apps. No issues and phone very stable and reliable. All functions working normally.
Insider upgrade to .36. No issues and no obvious differences. Battery life excellent with no heating issues. 64GB SD card set for photos, videos and music with no issues. Applications stored on phone. YMMV.

Happy so far.

How about black screen for milliseconds?

Tonytoronto2015

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Anyone confirm if hard reset is required with 640 ? So far it has been required to have things work properly.. not really excited to hard reset again.

Any features return that were missing from 8.1?

1. Scan a bar code without having to install an app ? (i.e. Bing vision)
2. Detect a song playing from Cortana ? (now you need some app)
3. Quiet hours automatically turn on during busy times on your calendar ?
4. Edit the quiet hours response ?
5. Glance does not show items from lock screen?
6. SMS reply/creation using Cortana via Bluetooth performance fixed ? 8.1 was fast.. .29 lousy :(
7. Cortana voice command to "Play MyFavoritePlayList" work ? Worked perfect in 8.1 leave a spinning ball on .29 and no music

Otherwise.. I think I'll wait for next build....
Most of the issues you mentioned haven't been fixed, if anything there's now more issues to deal with. The cortana issue has now forced me to go to Android. I'm in the car most of the time and its RIDICULOUS how long it takes and how bad its gotten. Was amazing on windows7, fast and reliable. Got worst with Windows 8-8.1, but still very usable. Its garbage with windows 10. Many times will recognize the right command (i see it on the screen) and will come up with doesn't recognize command, please go again. The new delay horrible, how it didn't get detected during testing beyond me. Unless its a new feature. I liked the O/S for the most part, but Cortana has killed it for me. They have fallen so far behind Siri and even Google now its not even funny. Having somewhat human voice was nice, but when cortana dumb has she is, no point keeping her.

vitorsnery

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a good experience with this build on the Lumia 930. The only issuas are the occasionally "loading" screen (specially when opening WhatsApp) and the main one that is the battery. The most time I had using W10M was 10 hours, which means 10% per hour, what is way too much for a light use!
Do someone know a way to extend battery life other than disableling background apps (which I already did) and sync settings?

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
These are PREVIEW builds in beta testing. Why does everyone complain..? Get over it.

Well, the point of beta testing is to answer the complaints on newer versions, but for some reason, Microsoft keeps pumping out one pile of sh** update after another. It might be only a few amount of folks doing the complaining, but they are the ones who deserve the most attention. Otherwise, we'll keep on staying behind the curve, or in perpetual beta mode. (like some apps that aren't worth mentioning)

NitOxYs

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, the point of beta testing is to answer the complaints on newer versions, but for some reason, Microsoft keeps pumping out one pile of sh** update after another. It might be only a few amount of folks doing the complaining, but they are the ones who deserve the most attention. Otherwise, we'll keep on staying behind the curve, or in perpetual beta mode. (like some apps that aren't worth mentioning)

There's the Feedback app for these issues. Use it. That's what these builds are for, feedback and continual improvement.

Tonytoronto2015

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
No they aren't. This is for the W10M preview. PREVIEW. Fast Ring Insiders.
Sorry buddy, these are RTM.. they now come loaded on hardware being sold. They no longer Previews. While they may not being released to general public yet, this what they will get "eventually" get. And i'm sure many won't be happy.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
yosoyyoberdi said:
If I read once more that bull**** of "redoing the insider app and rebooting" I'm going to kill someone... I've tried dozens of times with every build and it has never worked. Only thing working is going back to WP8.1 and I can't do it because my phone isn't connecting with the computer...

Anyway, so that happening has anything to do with Microsoft, is that what you are saying? Like some kind of magic makes that happen... The truth is Microsoft hasn't been even able to fix a simple server problem in 10 months.

You're both wrong and right. Until now, the "re-enroll to fast ring and search for keyboards" trick worked, it worked for EVERY build until 10586 on all my devices. On 10586, it wasn't even necessary.

But now, on 10586.36, after hard reset, I lost keyboards and that old trick doesn't work.

I suspect MS haven't uploaded the languages packages for that build.

thr4

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here (unsurprisingly). Done a hard-reset, can't install speech packs and typing suggestions for keyboard. Tried the insider program re-enroll, did not work.

I assume there is no solution for 10586.36 then?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786