10586.36 here it is

anon(9759897)

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Updated a few days ago. No issues with the OS so far.
But a lot of annoyances.
For example, my first phone was Nokia 1610 in early 90's. When you changed a ring tone on it, it would play it so you know what you are choosing. This has been the case on every phone I owned since, Ericsson, Motorola, Samsung... For some reason this does not work on Windows 10!?
Outlook app is pretty bad compared to Gmail and Inbox by Google. I have been manually moving promotional emails and social notifications to "clutter" but it is still not doing it automatically. Google was so good at this, I never saw any junk, now I am drowning in it!

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
.36 runs well in 920. Good battery life, smooth, working Apps Store, working Message+Skype without sucking too much battery, working Whatsapp notification. However, i still have these:
1. i still cannot assign custom ringtone to a contact, it still will try to search for app to do that in store and die. I don't know if anyone of you still facing that problem?
2. Launching camera, on rare occasion, will run into a totally green screen or totally black screen. I have to reboot to fix it. it is frustrating
3. Cellular data usage calculation is still a bit off. It was so accurate in 8.1 that I have expectation for it to works just as well, but it is not. I will miss 5% of the data usage.

yosoyyoberdi

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You're both wrong and right. Until now, the "re-enroll to fast ring and search for keyboards" trick worked, it worked for EVERY build until 10586 on all my devices. On 10586, it wasn't even necessary.

But now, on 10586.36, after hard reset, I lost keyboards and that old trick doesn't work.

I suspect MS haven't uploaded the languages packages for that build.

Well, it work on EVERY build for you, it didn't work on ANY build for me in any device and I'm not the only one. I guess that having a rom from a different country adds more complications and amazingly, MS hasn't been able to solve this in the last 10 months. Now I'm just stuck without keyboard, speech and no option to go back to WP8.1

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
No they aren't. This is for the W10M preview. PREVIEW. Fast Ring Insiders.

This is the exact build that are powering 950 and 950XL... if not, what do you think runs inside the new 950? :)
MSFT has nothing else. The "Preview" is the core OS, of course, it gets update just like fast ring.

Lehik

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I didn't read the whole thread but just wanted to point out that as soon as Lumia 550 came available (in my country), which was about two weeks ago, I bought one for my wife. Im not sure of the initial version of OS, but after few days of use the .29 came available, which I installed. The update worked fine (besides the false warnings about low storage). I heard afterwards that MS had pulled the update. Anyway, (even without being in Insider Program) the .36 came available on 18th and it has worked so far. I think the battery life was greatly improved compared to .29.

Zimmermann

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I think we all agree that so far it has been a bumpy ride. And for me it has'nt been a ride that installs a strong trust in where it is all going. MS is still struggling in putting out the software for a phone where Apple is winning every week in an other country.

Fahadg

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I have Windows Insider Preview build 10586.26 installed on my Lumia 430 and i am facing a problem that my phone battery is not getting fully charged even after putting it on charge for 5 to 6 hours. Previously on Windows 8.1 it was charging fine and getting fully charged in 2 hours. Any one facing this same problem on their phones??

Godson Arun Kumar

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Originally Posted by JohnGer Hi Folks,
On .36 preview, I am getting update errors for following apps lumia motion data, gestures and touch, rate your device and equalizer.
they download but fail to install.
Thanks. Common random iussue, it should be resolve by itself by store, these aren't crucial apps, not necessary a reset
Nope, they are crucial. Before hard resetting my phone on 10 TP, double to wake was working and I could access touch settings on my phone. After hard reset, I couldn't install this gestures and touch app and I'm not able to access my touch settings itself. So there you have it, no touch settings, no double tap to wake. I'm pretty sure that the Gestures and touch update fixes this.

NSS_nl1320

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I too face similar issue on my L1320. Earlier with .29 version it was only gestures & touch, help tips, rate ur device not installing and now with this .36 version there's an additional equalizer which does not install no matter what you do. Hope MS fixes this prob.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Who cares about apple. Not me. Junk OS/Junk hardware over there....

Because disgruntled users will go to what WORKS ! Much less the average consumer or business ... The Cool-Aid has a limit...... Eventually users get ticked and move on... Which means no developers. Which means no Apps. Which means the ecosystem DIES.

Which means..... W10M gets cancelled and you move to Apple or Google because there is NO alternative.

Some see it as "complaining" others see it as an indicator of frustration in watching OUR OS of choice die a death by ineptitude !

YMMV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos