10586.36 here it is

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Over the last few days I've had lots of problems. Smashed screen look. A lot. Screen freeze even more so. Edge crashes. No video's will play, with FB, twitter or 6Tag. FB is still Sh#t and I'm having download issues. All updates & downloads results in "Error".
I have had this build installed since it's release so I don't understand why these issues are so severe. I'm hoping for an update very soon. Like, today! would be nice. lol

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Over the last few days I've had lots of problems. Smashed screen look. A lot. Screen freeze even more so. Edge crashes. No video's will play, with FB, twitter or 6Tag. FB is still Sh#t and I'm having download issues. All updates & downloads results in "Error".
I have had this build installed since it's release so I don't understand why these issues are so severe. I'm hoping for an update very soon. Like, today! would be nice. lol

Sounds like you really need to hard reset (and start from fresh).

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Just updated to 10586.36... Half my apps are saying cant open,there might be an update available in store. Even the windows insider app is giving me the error and the darn camera app..

Lumia 1020.

Scratch that, left the phone alone and now all apps are working.

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I went ahead and did a hard reset this morning. The phone was becoming unusable. After completion the very first thing that happened was a screen freeze. :eck: Soft restart and everything has gone back to normal... So far.
L1320.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
L535, sometime Action Center become unresponsive, I mean swiping down from top do nothing, nothing else solve this problem except restart. Anyone else experience this, any workaround?

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I went ahead and did a hard reset this morning. The phone was becoming unusable. After completion the very first thing that happened was a screen freeze. :eck: Soft restart and everything has gone back to normal... So far.
L1320.

Just flash back to 8.1 Windows 10 on Lumia 1320 is just a big mistake

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Just flash back to 8.1 Windows 10 on Lumia 1320 is just a big mistake

If your update didn't went fine, you can't blame it everytime as every 1320 in the world will brick! :D
W10 works pretty fine on others 1320 and on devices slower than yours too. Deal with it ! ;)
Relax and enjoy your 8.1 ^_^

safariking

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
If your update didn't went fine, you can't blame it everytime as every 1320 in the world will brick! :D
W10 works pretty fine on others 1320 and on devices slower than yours too. Deal with it ! ;)
Relax and enjoy your 8.1 ^_^

L1320 has a known smashed screen bug that happens 5 times a day it is slow freezing screens that is what i call bad very bad and yeah i really enjoy WP8.1 much better that 10

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
If anyone lives closer to my place, I am willing to help them for free to set up their phone without any issues during any of the weekends.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Off topic:

Things must be improving a lot of insiders aren't clamouring for a new build. When I was 10512, this forum had so many posts about when the next build is coming and people wanted it fast

thr4

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I still can't download any language packs or proofing tools (after a hard reset), therefore I can't use Cortana.
The other major issue is that when using the new Maps app for navigation, the GPS location display was progressively more and more lagging.

Otherwise I'm fairly happy with Win 10 on my daily driver 640XL.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Been a while since I chimed in on this type of convo. If MS didn't allow the general public to be on OS testing, these comments wouldn't exist. I shed not 1 tear for a bricked device or "snashed screen". These are known issues with a particular phone yet time and again someone thinks"won't happen to me", then blames MS. As if there isn't a disclaimer when installing Insider. SMDH. If every app is crashing or showing it needs a download, get back to the correct OS wait for the general rollout. Likely 2% are having that severe of an issue, and it's likely due to a funky install and the unwillingness of the installer to run a clean install.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I still can't download any language packs or proofing tools (after a hard reset), therefore I can't use Cortana.
The other major issue is that when using the new Maps app for navigation, the GPS location display was progressively more and more lagging.

Otherwise I'm fairly happy with Win 10 on my daily driver 640XL.

I had the same kind of issues, took me quite some time and frustration, so I restored with Windows Device Recovery Tool, then set it up without using a backup, let it update everything, (including all my text messages) kept checking for updates till there was nothing left to update, installed the Maps I needed, then languages/keyboards/speech etc that I needed. Then I installed insider let it update to .29 (no hard reset), then let it update to .36 (no hard reset). Then I went to the store and went to "My Library" selected the ones that I really needed and really use (ignored all the crap I had tried in the past).
When all this was finished I went to "Battery Saver" and disabled anything that wasn't really needed in the background.
I may have done a soft reset somewhere along the line too .......... BUT
Now my 1020 works great, Cortana works, no heating issues, battery lasts well and I'm finally VERY HAPPY
Only missing one app that I liked which was Lumia Refocus (bummer)
My favourite app to create shortcuts to almost anything (along with some really cool tools included) would have to be Wintools, this one app has replaced so many separate apps I had cluttering my phone ......

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the same kind of issues, took me quite some time and frustration, so I restored with Windows Device Recovery Tool, then set it up without using a backup, let it update everything, (including all my text messages) kept checking for updates till there was nothing left to update, installed the Maps I needed, then languages/keyboards/speech etc that I needed. Then I installed insider let it update to .29 (no hard reset), then let it update to .36 (no hard reset). Then I went to the store and went to "My Library" selected the ones that I really needed and really use (ignored all the crap I had tried in the past).
When all this was finished I went to "Battery Saver" and disabled anything that wasn't really needed in the background.
I may have done a soft reset somewhere along the line too .......... BUT
Now my 1020 works great, Cortana works, no heating issues, battery lasts well and I'm finally VERY HAPPY
Only missing one app that I liked which was Lumia Refocus (bummer)
My favourite app to create shortcuts to almost anything (along with some really cool tools included) would have to be Wintools, this one app has replaced so many separate apps I had cluttering my phone ......

I think you can still download refocus. Check your downloaded apps history

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I rely on voice navigation with music via Bluetooth in car, windows 10 and contana is impossible to use now, 8.1 was pretty good, but I now carry my little old android device that does it perfectly and super quickly, which is basically what you need when driving.

If they can sorry this and match the speed and fluidity of windows 8.1 in the next build please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb