Anybody is getting .36 update?

martinfab

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Isn't the reason for the insider program to get the build out to the insiders for feedback? I intentionally did not enter the program because I did not want the instability issues. I thought that the insiders gave feedback then Microsoft rolled it out after fixing the issues that the insiders identified. I could be wrong but it appears the insider program just gives the insiders a build first then Microsoft sends the build out to everybody else with the issues the insiders have identified included. ??????

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
No .36 here in Florida 950XL. insider fast ring. so may issues. come on Microsoft. you got good programmers. stop using the 1st year staff to code this thing and put some of the expert to wok on this.

Thanks. it is frustrating and you are loosing your fans.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 950XL unlocked has been trying to update to .36 for the longest time. It has been stuck at 49% now for the past 5 hours. Before that, it was stuck on 0% from last evening till 12PM of today. On top of that, it is draining my battery like crazy and keeping my phone really warm. It is down to 15% on my QI charger (charger can barely keep up).

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
working on my 950xl. Do the hard reset. It's a pain to do it but it only took a couple hours for me (while at work). Once you get it over with, you can enjoy the latest .36 update. Just bite the bullet and do it.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the reason for the insider program to get the build out to the insiders for feedback? I intentionally did not enter the program because I did not want the instability issues. I thought that the insiders gave feedback then Microsoft rolled it out after fixing the issues that the insiders identified. I could be wrong but it appears the insider program just gives the insiders a build first then Microsoft sends the build out to everybody else with the issues the insiders have identified included. ??????

I would expect several "fast ring" releases between general releases that go out to everybody. The last upgrade to .29 where insiders got it and everybody else got it immediately after was a fluke due to the 950 series specific fixes that were in it and needed to be rolled out quickly to support the launch. MS has promised to increase the pace of fast ring releases in 2016, I can't imagine them pushing out general releases at a quickened tempo if for no other reason than the backlash from "normal" users who would complain about the upgrade process happening so quickly for no noticeable improvements.

bilemke

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
FYI, something to try, for my 950 XL I ended up having to get back to .0 by reset with device recovery, and then to .29 by normal update (no insider installed or enabled, just check for updates, vs installing insider on .0 and enabling Fast/Slow and trying to get to .29 as Fast seemed to provide .29 but then I couldn't get .36 to be detected no matter what I did to Windows Insider). Then, installed insider again and after reboot used the update check and it found .36 instantly.

ReachJasonHere

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
My 950 XL ignored .29 like many did in spite of my "Fast Ring" status. I've been periodically checking my phone for updates since .36 was announced but nothing. Now, just a few seconds ago my phone informed me it needed a reboot to install .36 -so, gears on the screen and I'm pleased to be getting the update. Now about my SD card conundrum... Oi.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
My 950 XL ignored .29 like many did in spite of my "Fast Ring" status. I've been periodically checking my phone for updates since .36 was announced but nothing. Now, just a few seconds ago my phone informed me it needed a reboot to install .36 -so, gears on the screen and I'm pleased to be getting the update. Now about my SD card conundrum... Oi.

Same this just happened on my 950XL

douggrif

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
My 950XL got the .36 update early this morning. First update ever for this phone despite being in fast track plan. Said it was out of memory, but I did not reset just let it reboot. Everything loaded fine in about 40 minutes download time. Works fine.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Never got it so reset phone, got 29 started insider then got 36...what a pain in the ***, but after 3 hours at latest. Gabe should have posted in blog still were issues. He hasn't tweeted since release. Guess it was here it is, I'm out for Christmas. Talk to ya in January!!!

Zolotoy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
My phone is stuck on 0%. But from time to time a message comes up saying that the phone is low on storage space. Checking storage shows that only 5+ G of 29 ! G has been allocated. WTF?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)