Anybody is getting .36 update?

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
My 950XL hasn't been able to see any updates until this morning. I woke up to a notification that my device needed a reboot to install updates, bypassing the problematic .29 build and jumping straight to 10586.36! 20 minutes later and I'm running the new build with no issues yet.

David B7

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but had to reboot and restart Insider app after .29 install. Unlike some others, .36 seems to be installing without much delay for me.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I got .36 on my AT&T 950 with no problems, even after I left the Insider program. So I guess this one was pushed through without carrier delay too.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yup insiders only, slow and fast rings. I downloaded on my 950 XL. No noticeable changes as of yet. A few apps open a little quicker.

Battery is much better. Everything is snappier. Go to the store and click my library then hit apps or games or whatever, see how fast it loads.

benkclaw

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've tried dl and install .36 through Windows Insider however this happened. It did complete the dl but didn't install and trried several time already. Anyone seen this before? (950XL)
wp_ss_20151220_0001.jpg

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I've tried dl and install .36 through Windows Insider however this happened. It did complete the dl but didn't install and trried several time already. Anyone seen this before? (950XL)
View attachment 119177
my 950xl had the same situation. mine is single sim, unlocked, no sd-card inserted, running 10586.0. two days ago, I heard there is .36 update. I checked. nothing there. so I installed the insider app and joined the fast ring. checked again, the .36 is there, together with a fast ring insider update. and the story went on like yours. download completed at 100% and it started to installed. and it failed. error message exactly the same as your screenshot. I tried again. same thing happened again. then I switched to slow insider ring. checked, no update found. then I switched back to fast. checked, .36 (and fast ring insider update) there, but this time it just can't download. it still shows 0% download after 10 hours of my sleep time. even worse, it drained the battery such that my phone was not fully charged even after plugged into a USB of a pc for 10 hours. then I decided to stop the undate. I uninstalled the insider app. rebooted the phone. but I still saw the .36 and insider fast ring update there and 0% for a long time. I reinstalled insider and chose to leave the insider program there. rebooted the phone. nothing changed. still seeing the .36 and insider update. during the said period, the phone occasionally told me I am out of storage space which I had more than 20GB of it. the battery was draining and the update process could not be stopped. finally I factory reset the phone.

Last edited:

Rahul9

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I am stuck at 17% :(
Microsoft is more concentrated on its application on ios and android.
With every update, they gotta an issue. Neither are they resolving, as some of us have installed it in our primary phones.

bilemke

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody who had this happen find a solution or work-around for this error?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

You get .29 via Insider or via normal update process without Insider enabled? If the former vs latter, would suggest a Device Recovery restore to .0 and get .29 again without Insider involved, then enable insider and give .36 a try again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786