Finally got the update to .29...

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't originally pushed through to my phone, and I was bummed. I tried to force the issue by doing a hard reset with now luck. Activated my insider account to try and get it. That worked, but jacked up Wi-Fi which was not going to work. Rolled it back with the tool. And was getting nervous about my 30 day return ability.

It finally showed the update tonight and it installed flawlessly. It seems to operate quite a bit more quickly than before, and I'm happy again with the phone. I'm looking forward to what the future of windows holds again.

batab

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
To be honest. I received the phone yesterday. I just did 2 hard resets and i still can't get .29 update. Stuck with .0.

I'm no insider though. Anyway, as they said they solved the issues with the download i wasn't expecting so many problems.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 950XL dual sim, in the USA, running 10586.0 since i received the phone a week ago.
No problems with the phone, battery life pretty good actually - usually have about 50 to 60% by 9pm after taking off the wireless charger at 5am.

Not subscribed to insider preview on this device.

Received a notification this morning that .29 is available and the device will restart at 3am tomorrow morning.

So, i guess i am about to get the 10586.29 update and we'll see when i get the .36 update...
not fussed about whether i get it or not due to the fact the phone has been running pretty well with no issues for me.

Last edited:

GenghisKhent

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
No update even after .29 re-released. I finally bit the bullet and hard reset. I backed up first, so even after a hard reset, everything back to before, no need to reinstall or re-enter accounts. Then .29 immediately available.

batab

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Single sim from Italy. No .29 even after 2 hard resets.

I guess i will give a try to the third or the fourth hard resets but not at the moment. It's kinda time consuming. The only thing i may have done differently from some other guy is that i did both the hard resets before updating the apps from the store, but this should not be of any relevance.

Milan Secerov

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I finally decided to hard reset. Did it this way:
How to hard (factory) reset your Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL ? WinBeta
The reset took about 10ish min for everything to finish and set up. I skipped the add account part, and went to store straight after boot to pause all the downloads. Went to the update setting and checked. Received the .29 update, downloaded with no problem and atm its at 20% preparing to install updates.
Will keep you up to date with what's happening and if it installed with no issue.

Edit: Update went through with no issue what so ever. Only thing left to do is to restore my backup... :sigh

Last edited:

cba191

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I rolled it back with the tool a week ago. And barely got the update last night. I kept checking for the update two or three times a day, and it finally showed.

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so I finally decided to hard reset. Did it this way:
How to hard (factory) reset your Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL ? WinBeta
The reset took about 10ish min for everything to finish and set up. I skipped the add account part, and went to store straight after boot to pause all the downloads. Went to the update setting and checked. Received the .29 update, downloaded with no problem and atm its at 20% preparing to install updates.
Will keep you up to date with what's happening and if it installed with no issue.

Edit: Update went through with no issue what so ever. Only thing left to do is to restore my backup... :sigh

Me too. After waiting for MS to fix the problem, I got tired of waiting and did a hard reset. I didn't restore the backup. I did the update and it's getting ready to install .36 update. Hopefully this will be the only time I need to do something like this. My 1520 was problem free with getting updates

Rican914

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Felt the same way and I finally bit the bullet and did a hard reset. At first nothing but I checked for update and low and behold there it was. It's still installing the updates as I type. Hoping all goes well.

bilemke

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
FYI, something to try, for my 950 XL I ended up having to get back to .0 by reset with device recovery, and then to .29 by normal update (no insider installed or enabled, just check for updates, vs installing insider on .0 and enabling Fast/Slow and trying to get to .29 as Fast seemed to provide .29 but then I couldn't get .36 to be detected no matter what I did to Windows Insider). Then, installed insider again and after reboot used the update check and it found .36 instantly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos