Battery life in latest build .36 950xl

ajprmaverick

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm at least for me battery life on the preview build .36 is worst especially running edge tends to get warm quicker at drain the battery faster every 2 minutes goes down 1%.

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed this type of thing to on .29 since I still can't seem to download .36. Windows 10 on my 640 gets so much better battery life then my 950 XL which doesn't make much sense if you ask me, I've tried hard resetting and even restoring the OS from the PC software.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
My battery life is improved, i had bad drain with Windows Hello enabled. Phone would lose 30-40% overnight just in standby. Only lost 10% last night in standby, higher than with Windows Hello disabled but glad to know the drain is not as severe.

This screen is really the killer of the battery.

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 925 steel bad battery life...barely make it trough the day with low to moderate usage, using only wifi, because if im using mobile data the battery goes down very very quickly in good network area coverage, about 20 camera shots, viber and there she goes again...I know this is test build but how will they convince me that this will be sorted out in final build...idk....will see...

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Same here, poor battery life with .36. Although the battery life to begin with wasn't great. The past two days I haven't used the phone all day, been busy doing a home remodel, and both days the battery was dead by the end of the day.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is great on my xl. Also the only thing that made my unit warm was candy crush soda, and it doesn't really require much power like others that didn't. And now it doesn't get as warm while playing it. I spent a few hours playing games and still had lots of juice. It's definitely improved. I can go a whole day with gaming included. Although I don't use edge that much, mostly apps, sometimes i'll open up edge here and there but I usually close it in task switcher. Also make sure edge doesn't have a billion tabs open. It doesn't seem to close tabs on the back button. Maybe that can make it take up more power.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
when are we going to stop comparing phones to one another? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, i beg you, compare the specs of the 950xl and the 640, better screen, processor, camera, better everything.... the same goes for the 1520, except that one has a monster battery. You will not not not NOT get the same battery life between the two. My battery lasts a solid day on .29 on my 950XL. If you want to spend all day surfing the net on your phone, then you need to turn the display down to 25% and every feature off. Apples to oranges wont get you what you want. My old Nokia 5200 lasted 3 days, this 950XL is a piece of junk. Thats the logic, pretty much.

ajprmaverick

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Well I am not comparing it to a specific phone but I can compare it to general usage with other phones and I had plenty of smartphones and never seen battery drain while using the phone this bad just from web browsing thats my main use calls web and email I can care less for gaming on a phone

ajprmaverick

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Of course different devices different battery capacity but when I see my battery go down in minutes compared to other phones I can say that this phone sucks compared to other phones.
Had alot of different phones iphones note 4 galaxy 4 lumia 640 and this 950xl battery is a joke. For the record idle battery don't count like I said before if I dont touch my phone its great battery life its the problem of when you actually use it its horrific almost 9% in just 10-15minutes web browsing please

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
the 950XL's battery last me all day and into the evening with moderate usage.
Now the Joke battery of the year goes to Samsung S6.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium