10586.36 - Failure to Install

KennyMcCormack

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to draw this specific sub-topic put of the main .36 thread to see if we could get wider forum visibility and find a possible solution.

A number of us on the 950xl have not had a problem with getting the. 36 update via Windows insider. We all know about the long download time, with apparent no progress that actually is working.

What isn't so apparent is why the installation keeps failing. I've searched this error message and it has to deal with insufficient storage. Official recommendations are to soft reset and download again. With 3gb RAM and 32gb storage, let alone an SD card, lack of storage doesn't make sense for why others like me are having trouble. I've soft reset, hard reset and even repeated the process without an SD card installed.

Other than periodically waking the phone up to check progress, I leave it alone plugged in. This morning I found the phone repeating a failed cycle on its own. While sleeping, the phone repeated the process when it detected a new update from .29 was available. I've since hard reset until I can get a better feel for what is going on under the hood. I really don't have a clue. Is something in the. 29 update keeping the OS write-protected?

For those 950 folks who've been successful with installing the .36 update via Insider, can you share with us others possible solutions you what may be going on?

Attachments

• 1450711756866.jpg
    1450711756866.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786