Computer name changed by Windows Update

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The latest build update has changed the name on one of our PC's. On a Lenovo Carbon X that was already on Windows 10, received an update to 10586.29 . Once the update completed, we found the computers name had been changed and the domain no longer recognized it. It was named Rick-Carbon. After update it was BARBRIB-8E98MP8. I haven't yet found anyone else that experienced this. This PC is NOT enrolled in the insider program.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
no it isn't, but personally I don't have anything else to suggest other than amcluesent's suggestion since its not something I've really seen and I want to chalk it up to a quirk.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Was "BARBRIB-8E98MP8" the name of the computer at the time of the initial install of Windows 10? I'm not quite sure how the rollback works, but I would guess it rolls back to a recovered system state/image while retaining your files/data.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Was "BARBRIB-8E98MP8" the name of the computer at the time of the initial install of Windows 10? I'm not quite sure how the rollback works, but I would guess it rolls back to a recovered system state/image while retaining your files/data.

Negative, I posted the pre-update name, however it was joined to a Network named BARBRI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6