Windows 10586 build on Lumia 520

Umang Srivastava

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
How does this build perform on Lumia 520?
I'd really appreciate an answer from a Lumia 520 user.
How much time will it take to install after downloading(I mean the data migrating part)?

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
It runs OK, but I do have some random lockups, and it is a little laggy. I took about 2 hours to download, prepare, install, and migrate my data. (At least as I recall.)

Umang Srivastava

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Man, when I did it on my 520 it was taking hell lot of time. And it seemed it was stuck at migrate my data. So I had to reset my phone with Nokia software recovery tool.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Man, when I did it on my 520 it was taking hell lot of time. And it seemed it was stuck at migrate my data. So I had to reset my phone with Nokia software recovery tool.

My 520 updated in 1 hour, added apps in 1 other hourm and now it works fine as my daily driver, exept Cortana as on a lot of other newer models

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
My main is an L640, and I've upgraded my backup L520 as well now. So far it seems to be working okay. Not quite as responsive as the L640, but that's to be expected due to the differences in hardware and memory. I don't use the L520 all that much, but in the past week I've been putting it through its paces to see how well it handles W10M. I'm happy enough with it to know that if anything were to happen to my L640 I would still have a familiar phone to fall back on that is running the same level of software.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
It is highly recommended that you do a hard reset after installing 10586.29 just to get a clean install without any W8.1 files left over. You don't need to do another hard reset when upgrading from there to the 10586.36 release. The hard reset seems to help eliminate all the little (and most of the big) issues that people were having with the releases.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Just to update. I pulled the trigger and installed windows 10 mobile on my testing lumia 520. Overall it seemed much better in terms of performance compared to wp8.1. It didn't slow down or hang except after a hard reset where it was installing and updating apps. Also the system is now using 3.1 gb compared to wp8.1 which was using 5.6 gb. So that's a plus. Backup and restore went smoothly. Also it took around 1 hour to see slight progress on the gears when upgrading and 2 hours in total from restart to start screen.

WPSanjib

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
Hard reset can be done using the All Settings -> System -> About page, and selecting Reset your phone at the bottom.

But i heard hard reset can be perform by power and volumekeys combination. What u say is a soft reset..

I may be wrong, correct me...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
But i heard hard reset can be perform by power and volumekeys combination. What u say is a soft reset..

I may be wrong, correct me...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Soft Reset:
Hold Power and Volume Down together for 5-10 seconds. The phone should vibrate and reboot. This should not affect your settings, messages, photos, contacts, etc. This function simply reboots your phone without forcing you to do a backup,

Hard Reset:
If your phone is unresponsive and you can't reach Settings, you may be able to reset your phone using the hardware buttons.

Press and hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 5–10 seconds).

When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up, Volume down, Power, Volume down. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.).

The same result can be achieved on a working phone by using the Settings -> System -> About -> Reset my phone method.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss