Windows phone 8.1 or windows mobile 10

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys am a lumia 820 user here.I will be upgrading to windows mobile 10 using insider program plz tell me whether windows phone 8.1 is better or windows mobile 10.Honest opinion needed guys.

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
In terms of features, Windows 10 Mobile has definitely got a few nice things going for it. Design also looks better and more modern (which is just my subjective opinion though). Universal apps is also a nice thing. And just some other things here and there that WP 8.1 lacks.

Windows Phone 8.1, on the other hand, is far superior in terms of smoothness, stability, reliability and just general usability (no hamburger menus). Battery life is also far far better on 8.1 (at least on my Lumia 930).

It's much more than what I just listed. That's only the tip of the iceberg. Just my honest personal opinion and things that came to my mind first.

I suggest you to upgrade via the insider program and see for yourself. It W10M doesn't suit you, you can go back to 8.1 any time.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
How is battery drain.Will it suit anyone as daily driver.And what will happen to users staying in windows phone 8.1 will we be with no apps left

R3mis

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
How is battery drain.Will it suit anyone as daily driver.And what will happen to users staying in windows phone 8.1 will we be with no apps left

Battery is bad on my Lumia 930 but I think it still can pass as a daily driver, at least for me. No major bugs or crashes. Your experience may differ though, therefore, I think it's best if you try it for yourself and just roll back to WP 8.1 if things get bad.
I am not sure about the apps but it seems so, you would not receive updates. The apps will not disappear I think but they will not be updated. It you look at the Readit app, for example, it has different versions for WP 8.1 and W10M. So I think if you just stick to 8.1 the apps should still be in the store but not updated and there will be no new apps. Just my guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99