Will we get firmware updates for old Lumia like 930?

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello people,

Do you think we will get new firmware for the old Lumias like 930 or 1520 ?

I wonder because i get lots of stuttering in 3d games.

Also i am getting loadings issues for simple things like sms or to get in phone's contacts...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps for the less old phones like the 635, 1520, 930... but your guess is as good as mine.

But those issues are probably not due to inherent firmware shortcomings.

Do you reboot the phone occasionally? It can help.

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes i do it very often, had not a single problem with 8.1, it makes me fear that existing fimware are not optimized for insiders build... I really hope they will do it

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes i do it very often, had not a single problem with 8.1, it makes me fear that existing fimware are not optimized for insiders build... I really hope they will do it

Did you do a hard reset and setup like am new phone? I was having issues with my 1520 until I did this. It is now buttery smooth.

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
From my experience of hard reset, i would say that yes it might solve the problem, i already did this few months ago, but the problem is that on the long run issues are coming back, and the point to solve is to not have to hard reset to solve those bugs... :(
I mean to have loading issues just to read a sms or to look for a contact is very annoying and should never happen...

Keep up the good work Microsoft, hope it will come fast and that you won't leave users of previous generations of lumias behind

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Looks like .63 build is improving the stutter issue i was having in 3d games,

I hope it will stay like this with time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon