10586.63 is here for update ( insider fast ring)

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 .63 with newest firmware.

Everything seems stable and a little more responsive, but only in OS itself, not in Apps, etc. and Phone make less heat.

When multi-tasking, getting shutters, hangs, and so on, specially when browsing Internet, it is strange, you should not have any performance problems, when you have 3GB of RAM and Hexa-Core processor, have no issues with Lumia 830 on W10M , even 630 on WP8.1.

Battery, on stand-by is very good, but browsing Internet, no matter, Edge, UC Browser, Baconit, YouTube, it literally sucks battery in seconds. From 100% to 60% battery in only not even full 2 hours, with Battery Saving on and Brightness 25%. and nothing else in background.

Is it possible that installing firmware first, and only then updating from .11 to .36 and now to .63 could caused any problems?

rcranium

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I successfully and uneventfully loaded it on my 1520.3. I can see no change in performance, at least I haven't noticed anything yet. Unfortunately, that includes for me no Glance, Motion, Motion Data, Gadgets, nor Hey Cortana. I'm trying to be patient.
I have all of those things working fine on my 1520.

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Depending what is active on the phone, battery life is great. I tested Hello and Hey Cortana, I was able to go about 12 hours of moderate use. By moderate I mean emails, surfing the web, watching videos on YouTube and social media.

When I use at work, it's constant use and may get 8-9 hours. I disabled Hey Cortana and left Hello to see if there is a difference.

n7slc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Installed and working solid on my 640 LTE daily driver. It's definitely smoother, more responsive and better on the battery. I've also installed on my 950 but since I can't get more than 4-5 hours out of the battery on the 950, it'll continue to sit idle on my desk until MS fixes this crap.

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Updated my L640 DS 24 hours ago from .36, no reset, no real problems, just an SD scan but that went OK. Now I can load UK English for speech language, used to give an error in .36.

NMCynthia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
To Charles Brown8:
I've been hesitant to try W10M on my Icon with the Insiders Program. I did the update to 8.1 with the Preview for Developers program with no problem, but at that time I could always get another from Verizon if I screwed up my phone. Now I don't have any fall back if my phone gets screwed up. (I do still have my old HTC Trophy, though!) Did you jump through any hoops with your Icon to prepare it before signing up with the Insiders program?

Last edited:

MiloTheOne

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Installed and working solid on my 640 LTE daily driver. It's definitely smoother, more responsive and better on the battery. I've also installed on my 950 but since I can't get more than 4-5 hours out of the battery on the 950, it'll continue to sit idle on my desk until MS fixes this crap.

How long have you had the 950, I'm currently using the 950 and the was my battery life for the first week then it progressively has gotten better. I fine tuned the settings and have battery saver on, also I don't use glance seeing as it eats up TOO much battery.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Tried last night, finally installs on the Single SIM 950XL. It didn't on Friday for some reason...guess they slipstreamed some fix in. Finally! No insider release has installed before now, so they definitely fixed something.

Tomika1234

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else have major problem with keyboard not popping up when touching a text field. It happens across the board, in Cortana, WhatsApp or messaging. When I am trying to use it no matter what I do the keyboard does not come up. I have an 950 Xl with the new firmware. After restart of soft reset it works for 3-4 times and stops again, essentially the phone is useless, need to recover from the tool I am afraid....

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
To Charles Brown8:
I've been hesitant to try W10M on my Icon with the Insiders Program. I did the update to 8.1 with the Preview for Developers program with no problem, but at that time I could always get another from Verizon if I screwed up my phone. Now I don't have any fall back if my phone gets screwed up. (I do still have my old HTC Trophy, though!) Did you jump through any hoops with your Icon to prepare it before signing up with the Insiders program?
ive got an icon. been running insiders since october. since build .29 it been good.just put .63 onlast night. battery in about the same as 8.1 but also slightly less. overall it was a good move. if u do it, make sure you hard reset the phone after update and do not do a restore. set it up new. get to the store app and check for updates. let all youre apps update and restart phone when done. try not to use it until after your apps are updated.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Comparable to 8.1?

Battery so far is no question BETTER than the last build BUT, not like 8.1...but, enough for a daily driver, at least in my case.

Cortana stopped working on mine as well. I got the same error too that it cannot reach the phone. I unregistered the band, cleared it from BT and uninstalled MS Health and reset the Band. Then installed again step by step and now everything is working. Cortana does work better than before.

hope that helps.

I'll give it a shot, thanks !

Another Cortana bug... So I enabled her to Speak all texts, now the phone wakes up, and I hear a tone like she is about to speak and nothing... she crashes...

How does one RESET Cortana (and NO I am not hard resetting again) ?

Another issue I saw...

When I text comes in, I get a notification that pops up from the top, If I click on it (touch it), it will bring me to messageing but, a Loading screen forever (I gave up after about 30 seconds each time). Exiting out (task slide down), then going into texts is the work around...

Still a buggy mess.... ugh... but, like all Microsoft's OS's, on release they normally are buggy but, after 20 updates they get stable......this is no acceptation...

marcox92

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
On the 950 XL build .63 does not fix the WiFi issue : WiFi unable to turn on again (manually or automatically) after a lost of WiFi network

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
How does one RESET Cortana (and NO I am not hard resetting again) ?

you can try to completely turn her off and disable location (Cortana ->Notebook-> Settings). Location is under Privacy in Settings.
Reboot the phone. Then enable her again and location and see if it's better. I bet you already tried that...

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
just found out speech language for Australia downloading going on forever. so far it shows downloading for nearly an hour....still going. in the previous version, there was an err when trying to download it. 640xl ds lte

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
L640 xl here. Updated from .36 to .63 then hard reset. Outlook mail live tiles notifications broken again. It was working fine on .36 but does not clear read or deleted emails number on the tile. Other issue that was on .36 and still present: Driving mode does not switch off automatically when the phone disconnects from the car bluetooth and when a Band is connected to the phone throught bluetooth at the same time. Last issue: Edge freezes when scrolling in a page. This happens pretty much all the time like on Windows central site for example. Other than those,it works great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention