10586.63 is here for update ( insider fast ring)

bglopez

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
My observation using Windows 10 Mobile for the past 6 to 8 weeks

• Much slower than Windows 8.1 in opening most applications including
    • Mail
    • Messaging
    • Phone
    • Context sensitive numbers
    • Here Maps+
  • Phone get very hot whilst operating and also when charging
  • Battery life is poor
  • Number of unread Mail messages (in Hotmail) is not accurately displayed on the live tile or the Glance Screen
  • History of phone calls for each contact is now limited to 1 or 2 calls. Before this - Windows 10 - it was significantly (perhaps months of calls).
  • Cortana no longer reads out incoming text messages and then allows you to answer them hands free
  • Photos taken sometimes not get sent to my Onedrive folder
  • Does not allow you to preview the default sound that has been assigned to an application/event
  • Drop down list box when selecting a sound often makes the phone hang
  • Applications often fail and then restart
  • The messages "Loading" and "Resuming" occur far too frequently and sometime for long periods

I know that this Windows 10 Mobile is still in preview but there is a lot of work that needs to be done to get it working properly.

dajma00

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
3 days ago, I got fed up of waiting for Windows 10 mobile, on my Lumia 1520, so decided to join the Insider Programme (Fast Ring). 10586.63 popped up almost immediately and I upgraded directly from 8.1 Denim. Rather than restoring my phone from a back up, I choose to reset the phone to factory settings (with the micro SD card removed), and started from scratch. Loving it, although, my phone gets awfully hot, especially when browsing in Edge, and of course, battery life suffers. Initially, battery life was woeful (which I guess was due to apps downloading, email and contacts syncing, etc., but now, the heating has reduced somewhat and with that, improving battery life. So far, I am getting through a working day without having to recharge the phone (8am-5.30pm). Currently on 19% using battery saver, which kicked in at 20% remaining, and its now 6.30p. I am hoping that in a couple of days, battery life will improve a little more. For a guide, I have used WhatsApp, Edge, phone, email all day. As a newbie to Windows 10 mobile, I am truly impressed. Given that this is still "beta" and not official, it is even more impressive due to the minimal bugs I have found so far.
So how is the battery life now?

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
check also settings>system?notification&actions> select alarms and clock, there should be notification sound, which needs to be set to default.
the go to alarms&clock app and set your sound. it should work now.

Thank you so much, works, this was really frustrating me

Abhinayan David

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm facing issue with charging on my Lumia 640 with this build. I'm constantly getting message that "Device is charging slowly". I am using the original charger and have tried other chargers as well but still no luck! Anyone else facing similar issue?

Spindlebox

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It seems be settling down, now. Yesterday, I got about 12 hours without having to charge, and that was with moderate browsing in EDGE, app usage (WhatsApp, Twitter) and over a total of 2 hours of phone calls. However, it is alarming that the phone (Lumia 1520) heats up around the top left hand corner, where the micro SD and SIM card reside, and spreading towards the camera. Fortunately, the heat is not around the battery area (which is towards the bottom centre half of the phone) otherwise there could surely be some damage to the battery.

The heat begins to occur when using EDGE or when the screen is on, which would lead me to suspect that the display driver is causing the phone to consume power.

sherincal

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
is someone experiencing this strange behavior?
when i set the region and language to US (thus enabling cortana in non supported regions), the phone after some time sets the region back to the current location by itself and thus disable cortana.

Abhinayan David

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I did that, the notification didn't come up, but still charging the rate is slow. I am checking the rate through a third party app "Battery". The issue was not there before the update. I guess I have to reset it!

skhwoody2201

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I am loving the new build. I have a 1520 and have been running the preview builds since they first came out. It has been a long walk with this software, but this most recent build is speedy as anything, battery life for me has improved dramatically and the heat issue is a lot better. Not having any issues with the apps, as i always as a matter of course, soft reset after install and then do all the update checks to make sure i am on the most recent builds of everything.

Dare i say it, It almost feels like a final release to me, slick and speedy and they are slowly getting there with the battery drain issues which i think is linked to edge (same with my pro 3).

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
It's funny. In this build, a hard reset made matters go baaaad from awesome. I am not able to receive updates for most apps, so I am stuck with a relatively stable OS, but below average core apps. Damnit.

What's funnier is that I am seeing two versions of my WiFi network, even though just one is available. For example, "WiFi" and "WiFi 2", while earlier just WiFi used to exist.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It's funny. In this build, a hard reset made matters go baaaad from awesome. I am not able to recieve updates for most apps, so I am stuck with a relatively stable OS, but below average core apps. Damnit.

There's nothing to update, check it! check vers. numbers.. No one had core updates from 36 to 63! Check your Windows Insider version

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing to update, check it! check vers. numbers.. No one had core updates from 36 to 63! Check your Windows Insider version

I made the .63 update, then did a hard reset. The store is still in the old format (updates page has no MB progress bar), the glance screen is still the huge thing it was before the W10 glance update. The settings screens too have not changed. This just means I have only the latest OS version, but the apps are still what they were in their lousy pre-release stage.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Battery so far is no question BETTER than the last build BUT, not like 8.1...but, enough for a daily driver, at least in my case.

I'll give it a shot, thanks !

Another Cortana bug... So I enabled her to Speak all texts, now the phone wakes up, and I hear a tone like she is about to speak and nothing... she crashes...

How does one RESET Cortana (and NO I am not hard resetting again) ?

Another issue I saw...

When I text comes in, I get a notification that pops up from the top, If I click on it (touch it), it will bring me to messageing but, a Loading screen forever (I gave up after about 30 seconds each time). Exiting out (task slide down), then going into texts is the work around...

Still a buggy mess.... ugh... but, like all Microsoft's OS's, on release they normally are buggy but, after 20 updates they get stable......this is no acceptation...

I have this too, this build is worse than the previous one, screen corruption occassionally, the same bug as you with trying to open text message from notification popup, general instability mostly manifesting as "backgroud image appearing without the tiles", never had these issues on last build - on Lumia 930 btw.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
ahh. Man I have to double check what I write with the wordflow keyboard. Sometimes my finger is all over the place and normally it can make up for it hehe. But I reset the phone and I guess it hasn't learned my typing habits yet.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I did that, the notification didn't come up, but still charging the rate is slow. I am checking the rate through a third party app "Battery". The issue was not there before the update. I guess I have to reset it!
I know you are using the original charger, but are you using the original cord ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077